It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Sex Offenders Now Tracked By GPS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw

Originally posted by logician magician
Sounds like the government is really trying to take away our freedom and privacy!

Yeah, that's right. Little by little without too many people watching, noticing or resisting.

Pick the easy targets and few people will care. Most people would not defend the rights of a released kiddy-perve.

Aren't you the same guy who said that pets were the first step? Well, you were WRONG! The first step was whales, lol. You didn't even notice it did you?!

That's right! They weren't trying to study whales AT ALL! They were subtly conditioning the population by airing whale tracking on the discovery channel! Even the ANTS! You remember them tracking ants and elephants too, right? Yeah, after that it was birds. Then cars via GPS! Afterward, it was PETS! Then BOXES! After that it was sexual offenders!

Haha. You are crazy if you think that is different steps of the same plan. It's simply the growth of a useful technology that serves many purposes. Only in your mind does it NECESSARILY converge into full control and slavery.

At least the people in California might be able to track sexual offenders and their own children at the same time and they'll know if they come around one another.

The only sycophants in this thread are the people who agree with the government and think that it's a good idea to tag human beings like sheep or cattle.

Didn't you know that only aliens are allowed to capture-tag-release humans with their implants?!?!

The least of your worries should be directed at the government. You should be more concerned about how the general population will take advantage of this technology for their own selfish/personal gain, just like they do with

Guns
Knives
Explosives
Cars
Phones
Computers
Etc... Etc...

You... you are borderline "The government has camera's in my TV so I cover it with a blanket" because you're always looking for a reason to blame the government and if you can't find a reason you make one up that is supposed to happen in the future.

(how pathetic is that? You're complaining about the future..)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

The least of your worries should be directed at the government.

That statement is wrong on so many different levels.

Governments decide what is law and what will be law. Governments will decide if my child or me will one day need to have a GPS wristlocator for our 'safety', after the success of the sex-preadator GPS wristlocators. Governments will also decide, that if I am not wearing one of them, then my door might be kicked in at 2am by a SWAT team. Obviously, by choosing not to wear a GPS wristlocator, I will be about to do something criminal. It's better to kick my door in, before I go out on the street while I am 'off the grid'.

The government works against the people. No one has a birthright to control me. No one has elected power to control me. If more people resisted being controlled, like slaves, then we would be a step closer to a peaceful world.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The least of your worries should be directed at the government.

That statement is wrong on so many different levels.

Governments decide what is law and what will be law.

Oh, I see what you're doing. You're treating a government like a single megalithic entity. That is beyond absurd and doesn't at all agree with the modular and interactive framework of democratic governments. Quit pretending that the United States is a monarchy where "The Government" is the king. The Government didn't decide for this law to pass - legislatures created the proposal (for the people) and put it in the hands of the people to make it law or not.

Governments will decide if my child or me will one day need to have a GPS wristlocator for our 'safety', after the success of the sex-preadator GPS wristlocators. Governments will also decide, that if I am not wearing one of them, then my door might be kicked in at 2am by a SWAT team. Obviously, by choosing not to wear a GPS wristlocator, I will be about to do something criminal. It's better to kick my door in, before I go out on the street while I am 'off the grid'.

There you go again. I think you've invented a new logical fallacy: appeal to the future. lol.

You have a wonderful outlook on life: absolutely pessimistic.

The government works against the people. No one has a birthright to control me. No one has elected power to control me. If more people resisted being controlled, like slaves, then we would be a step closer to a peaceful world.

You really need to gain some insight into the United States legal system.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

I could care less about a padophile (or however you spell it), but just for kicks, I was wondering if they're trying that one where they walk into a mall, and then an announcement comes on the mall-wide loudspeaker:

"Alert, a convicted padophile has entered the building - use precaution"

I mean they've got the gps, and since they just do anything to these folks that have already served they're time, why not get some kicks while they're at it?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

You are right, EyesWideShut. Like the old fable about the Arab and his camel, it's a little now, a little more next week etc. If you read David Harsanyi's "Nanny State" you'll see examples galore of restrictive laws passed "for our own good" that vest more and more power in government hands.

Ayn Rand wrote in "Atlas Shrugged" a good description of what's been going on for decades: "There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. So when there are not enough criminals one **makes** them. One simply declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws."

Our Founders knew that there would be an occasional price to pay for the Bill of Rights but determined that it was -- and is -- a price worth paying because the alternative is much worse; they decided, properly, to err on the side of protecting the **innocent** from **unfounded** prosecution. Those who call for "sacrifices" to be made need to remember this: it's easy to say when it's done to somebody else but how many are willing to make that sacrifice themselves? How many are willing to go to prison for another person's crime? It won't always be "somebody else." Yes, O.J. "walked" but it's because LAPD and LA County prosecutors blew the case and the Assistant Coroner was so incompetent as to be beyond belief. In a previous case he almost sent an innocent man to the gas chamber!

The reason govt is pushing GPS is they want to know everything about you; knowledge is power. Officials will use every argument they can think of to persuade us to accept tracking chips so don't be fooled.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

That is exactly what came to mind, then the GPS for teens that overzealous parents will fall for it with not problems at all.

Need to get the young too also used to the Government and private profiteers wet dreams come true.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

When someone violates the rights of other they forfeit their rights as well.

I personally think that REPEAT offenders should be snipped, to take care of their sexual problem.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Thanks for that one, the term sexual offender is very generalized term.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caballero

While I have not problem with child molesters been "clipped" for repeating offenses, only brain manipulation can help as they will always find a way to satisfy their needs.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawz1
This is an interesting article. I personally feel that sex offenders are scum, but does this violate their right to privacy?

It is an invasion of privacy!

If the sex offender has been released from prison, then that means the state feels that they are no longer a danger to society!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by tezzajw]

As far as child sex offenders, we're not talking about petty thieves here who stole a pack of gum - we're talking about men and women who stalked, tortured and traumatized little children for their own sickening pleasure. These are people who are ruining entire lives just so they can fulfill their own perversions and you have the AUDACITY to scream that this is a violation of THEIR PRIVACY when you should be screaming about the right of the children who's privacy of their BODIES was violated!

Once you're a child sex offender in this country, you go into a public database accessible by anyone, including the offender's current address, what they were charged with and their age and a photo. It's a scarlet letter that sticks for life, as well it should, because psychologists say it's a perversion that never truly goes away.

If the vast majority of cases show that child sex offenders have a high rate of repeat offenses then obviously officials want to know if they are violating the terms of their parole by coming within x number of feet from a playground or schoolyard or from a restrained area.

I say to hell with their right to privacy versus the safety of my child!

[edit on 24-2-2009 by sos37]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
and you have the AUDACITY to scream that this is a violation of THEIR PRIVACY when you should be screaming about the right of the children who's privacy of their BODIES was violated!

If some sex offenders are a continuous danger to society, then they shouldn't be released into society.

If other sex offenders are not likely to pose any further danger to society, then they can be released.

Tagging people like animals is an abuse of rights.

I say to hell with their right to privacy versus the safety of my child!

There's a distinction to be made with the term 'sex offenders'. It's terrible terminology and completely pointless. A couple of 18 year olds getting caught having sex on a beach at night would be sex offenders, right? Should they be labelled the same way as child molesters - no way.

Again, if a child molester poses a continuous danger to society, then they shouldn't be released back into society. Logic dictates that anyone released back into society must be fit to live amongst society, therefore, they shouldn't require locator tags.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

You aren't going to find any rationalization on my part when it comes to sex offenders, and by that I mean men and woman who have chosen to ignore the rights of others and force themselves upon their victim in a sexual manner. You especially won't find any sympathy from me when it comes to child molesters. Once a child molester, always a child molester as far as I'm concerned. No way in hell would I gamble with the safety of my child on the hopes that rehabilitation was somehow successful.

So I re-affirm my stance - when these detestable men and women choose to act like animals, they should be tagged and treated as animals, even if they are only acting like part-time animals and part-time people.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by kawz1

I don't agree with tracking them... not with GPS. Maybe the high threat ones, but not all of them, and certainly not the ones who learned from their mistakes.

We are only becoming more and more of a police state by the moment and now California, who is already having budget problems is wasting millions on this? Look, treat it like parole, and if these sex offenders don't report on their activitys they go back to jail. Fairly simple... and I'm sure a lot cheaper.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry too much about the invasion of privacy of sexual predators who wear the GPS device. We just had a case where a known predator, wearing a device, murdered a 13 year old girl and dumped her body in a field. You can read all the grisly details in this article

kgw.com

This is a ghastly story. This individual eventually confessed so it's not a matter of arresting the wrong guy. Apparently he intended to rape this young girl but was unable to do so and she giggled so he stabbed her multiple times and then dragged her to where she would be found. So what's the point of the device anyway?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join