It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Solomons Temple be rebuilt, harkening the coming of the "END TIMES?"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The escalation of tensions and war in Gaza, and between Muslims and Jews, seems to resonate through the pages of history. Tensions between these groups is not a new thing. But it seems as though we could be standing at a cross-roads in their history and ours.

There are many things happening in the world today that make many people of faith believe we are living in the begining of the END TIMES. War and atrocities, death and famine, plauge and pestulence, severe weather and earthquakes.......

But what if we threw into that mix, the possibility of the Jews re-gaining control of Jerusalem and re-building Solomons Temple. And what if the conflict that rages now in Gaza is the begining of that fight for control over the most holy city to both sides of the war?

The Orthodox Jews believe that the building of the Third Temple, on the Temple Mound, will harken the End Times, or the return of Christ to Earth. The Christians also point to scriptures and believe that it will be a sign that we are living in the End Times.

There are Jewish groups right now, that plan and prepair for the opportunity to rebuild the Temple. They even have furniture that they believe they will put in the Temple upon it's completion. These groups are considered heretical by the muslims, who believe that the building of any Jewish Temple would desacrate their sacred Dome of the Rock, or Temple Mound.

My question is, do you think it is possible that the conflict that is growing between the Jews and Muslims in the middle east is an early warning of a larger fight for the holy city of Jerusalem? And if so, do you believe that it would be a clear indication that we will experience the End Times, in our lifetime?

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well ya i do think things will escalate out of gaza, but i don't think by direct relation to the temple. more likely scenario is Hamas getting allies involved starting another Israel, Palistine War. If Israel did rebuild it and tore down Dome of the Rock, expect at least another 6 day war (but much much bigger) and possible beginning of WW3.

But to be technical here israel can't fulfill it's prophecy of rebuilding the temple without the Ark of the Covenant right? Everything has to be restored.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Divinity would not give humans a treasure hunt of tasks, including making a building, to complete before sending someone to help them. We are always looking to please, appease or worship a God that is out there, meaning not here. God is here and now. People would benefit from living less in the past and more in the present.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx

The Orthodox Jews believe that the building of the Third Temple, on the Temple Mound, will harken the End Times, or the return of Christ to Earth.

The Orthodox Jews do not believe that building the Temple will instigate the return of Christ to Earth, that is a Christian concept.

The Orthodox Jews do believe that when the Messiah comes, he will build it, if it hasn't already been built.

When I say Messiah I mean the real one. Jesus is not considered a Messiah. Not the Jewish one anyway.

And the Ark? Sure, if we find it, then I believe the Jews would and should build the Temple because the Messiah will come then. Otherwise, the Messiah will tell us whether or not we even need it. But I think it will play a role somehow, i hope.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well, all anybody has to do to rebuild the Temple is to completely eradicate Islam, take back the Temple Mount, destroy the Dome of the Rock, and rebuild the thing.

Piece of cake!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thats a good point, where does the Ark fit into this?

I dont think that would stop the masses from believing we were living in the end times, though.

I watched a show on the History Channel recently that talked about a small temple in the middle east somewhere that is guarded by armed militant locals. They claim to have the Ark inside the building, but wont allow anyone inside, except their high preist. The claim of the show was, that there was historical evidence that placed the Ark in the hands of these people long ago. Supposedly they have guarded it for generations.

Now, like I said, nobody is allowed inside......Yet. Who knows, it's possible that their prophecies say that they wont release the Ark to the world until the Temple is re-built? I'll have to see if there is a youtube of that History episode to post here. Because I definately think if the Ark were included into this, it would be hard to say the END OF THE WORLD ISNT NIGH.

Star and flag it if you like this, lets get this on the front, so we can get some serious discussion of this going. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Sorry, skimmed through the part about the Jewish belief of the building of the Temple, thought I had understood it correctly.

But it still indicates a belief that ties the rebuilding of the Temple with the End Times.

And from what I have read and heard about the Jewish desire to re-build.....it will definately be re-built. It's just a question of when.

Talk about pushing the button of WW3, I definately agree, that would be a good firestarter.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup
Well, all anybody has to do to rebuild the Temple is to completely eradicate Islam, take back the Temple Mount, destroy the Dome of the Rock, and rebuild the thing.

Piece of cake!

Strength in a county today boils down to how much global influence you control, and who your friends are. Israel has those things. Israel is an underestimated global juggernaught.

I think it would take alot of things to go right for them, but I think it's possible. Especially with the sort of "low standing" the world of Islam holds in the world today. Dont get me wrong, it would be a huge war, but it is possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
4For Gaza shall be forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall drive out Ashdod at the noon day, and Ekron shall be rooted up.

5Woe unto the inhabitants of the sea coast, the nation of the Cherethites! the word of the LORD is against you; O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will even destroy thee, that there shall be no inhabitant.

6And the sea coast shall be dwellings and cottages for shepherds, and folds for flocks.

7And the coast shall be for the remnant of the house of Judah; they shall feed thereupon: in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie down in the evening: for the LORD their God shall visit them, and turn away their captivity.

8I have heard the reproach of Moab, and the revilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they have reproached my people, and magnified themselves against their border.

9Therefore as I live, saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Surely Moab shall be as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, even the breeding of nettles, and saltpits, and a perpetual desolation: the residue of my people shall spoil them, and the remnant of my people shall possess them.

10This shall they have for their pride, because they have reproached and magnified themselves against the people of the LORD of hosts.

11The LORD will be terrible unto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth; and men shall worship him, every one from his place, even all the isles of the heathen.

12Ye Ethiopians also, ye shall be slain by my sword.

The book of Zephaniah written over 2500 years ago predicts that shortly before the begining of the great tribulation Gaza will be destroyed.

Pulled this from another thread, seems to speak a little to this subject.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
What you call Solomon's temple has already been built.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Solomons Temple was already built? I know it wasnt built on the temple mound, so it's just another temple.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The temple, the building of stone and morter is not the real temple. the real temple is the home of the Son of God, his wife and daughters and his Son.

The world is waiting for a building, but that is not what the temple is about. It about family. I think that's why Christ said he would move on you like a thief. Your standing around waiting for real estate transactions to occur.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by huckfinn
The temple, the building of stone and morter is not the real temple. the real temple is the home of the Son of God, his wife and daughters and his Son.

The world is waiting for a building, but that is not what the temple is about. It about family. I think that's why Christ said he would move on you like a thief. Your standing around waiting for real estate transactions to occur.

This is a christian concept. The Jews however, are waiting for the Last Temple to be rebuilt upon the coming of the Messiah.

For thousands of years they have prayed in the direction of the Temple where it once stood, for their people to return to Jerusalem, rebuilding of the Temple and coming of the Messiah.

And No... I don't mean Jesus, Gods wife, child, stepson, girlfriend or whatever no.

This doesn't have to do with Revelations either. Christianity is a different religion than Judaism is.

Wanna know what the Moslems believe? This is interesting, I don't have a link handy but you might can find it if you're creative.

Supposedly... hehe

In the end times, Jesus is going to bow down to their Moslem Messiah, and proclaim their Messiah is the one they've all been waiting for and he tried to warn ya haha!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The Sanhedrin reformed after 1200 years for the express purpose of rebuilding the temple. They have been building it pre-fab style for years now so it could go up in a matter of weeks.

All the need is permission to build it, which will come according to prophesy.

Hal Lindsey measured the inner court from the eastern gate and it came within 6 meters of the Dome of the Rock. In Revelations God reveals that only the inner court will be rebuilt (...leave the outer court to the gentiles).

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Sanhedrin, huh, yeah I am sure the returned Christ will be expecting their help in the future, as they were so helpful the last time he was here.

I already know what you all believe will happen. A more likely scenario is that the person playing the Muslim messiah is going to die at the ADX in Colorado. Just like Tamerlane did to Bayezid, That's what I think.

That will happen after he nearly gets his brains stomped out of his skull for disrespecting the Kings family.

The problem with those types is that they are anticipating a religious debate. I always thought of the King as ill-tempered, warlike and expantionist. He is pissed and only wants War.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by huckfinn]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Another perspective, or possibility, the "original" temple was set-up at Gilga (spelling?) and that exact location was found by sattelite years ago, the new temple may or may not be built where you expect.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
It is more likely to be similar to this...

www.templebuilders.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

The Orthodox Jews believe that the building of the Third Temple, on the Temple Mound, will harken the End Times, or the return of Christ to Earth. The Christians also point to scriptures and believe that it will be a sign that we are living in the End Times.

Yes, I am certain that TPTB, not necessarily the Jewish race, really wants full control over the Dome of the Rock. If one looks back at ancient history, and come across the Annunaki, (Those who from Heaven came down) had this very place, it was thei Control Center, (they most likely built it, and when and if they ever come back, which is more than likely, I am certain the Annunaki will want their Control Center back! What race of people, possessing these ancient secrets, do you think would really like full control of this site? As you may or may not know, this little war is nothing but a distraction.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think that there is definately somethng special about the Jewish people. No matter what you believe, the proof is there that these are a people that have, through the centuries, gone through the most tribulation throughout their long history.

I was raised with Christian beliefs, and hold as true to those beliefs as I can today, but I am also open minded enough to speculate. I dont buy into alot of the doomsday theories, but I believe that anything is possible.

Believer or non-believer, I think that if I were to see the re-building of the Temple, or the appearance of the Ark, I would have to agree that something was happening.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Oh my god, i saw a program on TV like two weeks ago, and it was about rebuilding the temple.

They have allready started building parts for it..........................

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join