It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. arms shipment to Israel canceled due to Gaza conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Again we have more evidence that the United States of America is partially responsible for the bloodshed and death in Gaza.
So who will step up to the plate and tell the US govt where to stick it? This was to be the second major shipment, which you can initially read about here and here.
USA with a runaway government is a scary thing to behold - especially when it supplies weapons to a government which has wars with incredibly disproportionate force. Sure, Hamas is partially to blame but the civilian bloodshed is too much and has been far too much.. for a very long time. It is mostly US weapons causing this damage, the easiest way to stop that is to stop rolling over like a dog to the Israelis and leave them on their own. Why should US taxpayers fork out billions to bankroll a state in the middle east? The implications and reasons lead you right down a very big rabbit hole.

A U.S. military plan to ship munitions from a Greek port to a U.S. stockpile in Israel has been canceled due to the conflict in the Gaza Strip, the Pentagon said on Monday. The United States Navy's Military Sealift Command issued a tender on December 31st for a ship to deliver 325 standard 20-foot containers of ammunition on two separate journeys from the Greek port of Astakos to the Israeli port of Ashdod in mid-to-late January.

Quote from source
www.haaretz.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

USA with a runaway government is a scary thing to behold - especially when it supplies weapons to a government which has wars with incredibly disproportionate force.

The U.S. invading Iraq seems to fit this statement.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

This makes me somewhat mad. I don't really care much about the whole obsession with the Gaza conflict but I'm not particularly happy that my military is being so incompetent as to allow its tactical moves to become public information.

new topics

join