It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is the most racist society: American singer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

wtf

hes criticizing zionist apolgist

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sadchild01

Agreed. It doesnt sound like his politics support Israel, and how one would assume he is Israeli from that I am not sure. He COULD be, of course, but it certainly isnt apparent from his post.

I think he brings up some good points, that if you want to understand the feelings of one group of people towards another, you really have to look at the whole picture. Not just parts that appeal to you. The history of the conflict in the middle east isnt as simple as some want to paint it.

Mind you, I am not taking a side. If you really look at the history of the thing it becomes even more difficult to take sides, not less. I think if the conflict is ever to end, not only in the middle east, but anywhere there are long standing resentments, we need to examine the past and then put it aside and make out decisions based on what would be best now.

Holding onto historical hurts or victimization can too easily lead a group, (any group) to the conclusion that they are somehow entitled to victimize others. As I see it, this simply can never work. It creates a vicious circle much like the one we have seen play out not only in the middle east, but anywhere humans are.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Never heard of David Rovics... and don't particularly give a flying fig about what he thinks.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadchild01

wtf

hes criticizing zionist apolgist

I wasn't commenting on kosmo but referring to golemina's comment.

The trouble is that golemina was not making a pro-Israeli contribution, I would invite that, but he just made a weird ad homenim attack. It was truly strange.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

>'The trouble is that golemina was not making a pro-Israeli contribution, I would invite that, but he just made a weird ad homenim attack. It was truly strange.'

Dude... Not THAT complicated. I'm not pro-Israeli... I'm ANTI-CARNAGE.

I'm also anti-moronic.

It's really painful for the pro-carnage guys to listen to the pointed comments being made.

Hamas... Stop shooting. And miraculously the Never Again Corps will take their war machine and put it back in it's holster.

Ad homemim?

Nah... Just pointing that yet another (inept) thread extolling the evils of Israel, comes off as throwing more wood on the conflagration.

If that is your thing MasonWatcher... You go dude!

Me, I personally prefer to observe the wisdom of the Egyptians, Turks and Jordianians... Despite internal pressure, trying to talk some reason into the three stooges jihadists at Hamas.

(But that's just me...
)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

Nah... Just pointing that yet another (inept) thread extolling the evils of Israel, comes off as throwing more wood on the conflagration.

Interesting twist and if I may say, very manipulative. You are a poseur and thoroughly disingenuous. I know that those who are appalled by the atrocities in Gaza are angry. Pro-Israelis putting their case are determined.

And now your side-show turns up fired by the vigour of aggressive contempt but you 'sit on the fence'. I have never seen anyone excited with the emotion of ambivalence, so you are most likely masking your own agenda. Hmmm! I wonder what that could be?

If you were truly concerned about carnage, you would be angry about the slaughter of Palestinians and hostile towards the Israeli government and its supporters. But you are not and zero in on ats'ers. Why the urge to silence debate with empty fluff? Because you are bankrupt of arguments and indifferent to Palestinian plight perhaps even in favour of it. Keep your crocodile tears to yourself!

[edit on 013131p://pm3101 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

>' I have never seen anyone excited with the emotion of ambivalence...'

Nice to meet you.

I am golem.

Meanwhile...

Such pointed comments my learned friend!

And apparently, you are also a mind-reader. Congrats!

I can really understand, apparently being vested the way you demonstrate, how hard it is to comprehend the point of view I'm pushing.

So I will speak sllllloooooowwwlllllly...

If you are SO concerned about the death and carnage surrounding Gaza...

Maybe you should start pushing the message:

STOP SHOOTING!

And exactly who is the poseur?

Hmmm....

[edit on 15-1-2009 by golemina]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by golemina

At least someone here can call em' like he sees em'.

Here is how it starts from the moment you give your opinion on the situation. First they will call you a Zionist or an Israeli Apologist . This is how they stereotype you by grouping your opinion with the lowest common denominator. Then they will compare Israel to everything Nazi related. Gaza = concentration camp. Israel = Nazi Germany. Barak = Hitler. Brace for ad ad hominem attacks because here is where they usually come out. Next, they move on to how you called them anti-Semitic. So, they are the victim in this whole situation. And the final step is to repeat the process from the beginning.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Yup Israel the great big racist country. By the way how do the surrounding Arab countries treat people from other faiths or races, especially the Jews?

In Israel, Arabs can and do hold political office.

After Israel surrendered Gaza and removed it's own citizens from the territory, how were they rewarded by the muslims from the surrounding area? Were they accepted as brothers with open arms, or did rockets start raining down on their schoolyards?

The one sided nature of the pro-palestinian/islamic propaganda is amazing.

Almost as amazing as the Pro-Israel/judeo-christo propaganda.

I say let's move the children out, and drop a HUGE nuclear weapon on both Jerusalem and Gaza....

Problem solved!

"Does it Blend?"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
This song writing nobody may have a point but so what.

Question, why are Jews extremely successful in just about everything they do?

Could it be that it's because they choose not to mingle, mix or breed with any other race?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

What gives you the impression that they are "extremely successful in just about everything they do"?

Sounds like a generalization to me.

On a more specific level... I'm a mutt, and I'm extremely successful at whatever I do.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 15-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ok, so maybe they are not so successful when it comes to sports.

...but they do have just about every other corner covered.
ex law, medicine, entertainment,..

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ANY RELIGION WHICH ADVOCATES, SUPPORTS,
CONDONES, DEFENDS, OR UNDERTAKES VIOLENCE
AGAINST INNOCENTS IS EVIL AND MUST BE STAMPED OUT.

ANY GOVERNMENT WHICH AIDS, SUPPORTS, CONDONES,
OR DEFENDS RELIGIOUS EVIL,
MUST BE OVERTHROWN.

DELENDA EST ISLAM!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Grow up man your one sided approach makes you look childish and Immature.
Fanatic Muslims and people like you are the cause of this never ending circle of death…

I would suggest being less angry in your life, and if you actually do care about your Muslim brothers try finding way to resolve the situation and understanding both sides. Posting your propaganda here are feeling good about yourself because some of your irrelevant friends post back and agree with you will not make a difference in the real world.

its sad since your Muslim brothers will keep dieing in the hand of the mighty Israeli army because of people like you...

G night

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join