It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is the most racist society: American singer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.tehrantimes.com

By Kourosh Ziabari

David Rovics is a world-renowned American folk singer and political activist from the small, northeastern state of Connecticut. He encourages the free distribution of his work by all non-profit means to help spread his anti-war, anti-occupation message.

Rovics has strong anti-Zionist, anti-Imperialist feelings and is an advocate of peace in the Middle East without the intervention of external forces. He has performed several concerts worldwide and dedicated their interests, benefits to the oppressed people of Palestine. What follows is the complete text of Tehran Times’s exclusive interview with David Rovics, discussing the grievous, uncivilized incursion of Israeli forces into the besieged Gaza strip and the massacre of innocent people there. Tehran Times: Israel is carrying a concatenated series of assaults on the people of Palestine from the air, land, and sea. The casualty rates are surging dramatically and most of the victims are infants, children, women and civilians. What’s your opinion about such atrocities?
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.haaretz.com
electronicintifada.net
www.imemc.org

[edit on 15/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This is an article that clearly explains the type of culture that develops when one people dominates another. Domination requires brutality and brutality costs.

From the ancient Spartans, to the Romans and more recently in Apartheid South Africa domination produced a racist and ultraviolent society that rationalises their behaviour through a constructed mythology of victimhood.

The Romans endured the wars with Carthage and almost was destroyed. In its victory after this hundred year conflict, it had evolved into a racist, slaving and violent culture that gathered immense wealth. The Afrikaners of South Africa suffered the imperial power of Great Britain and the disease and starvation of concentration camps and survived to be one of the most racist and aggressive state in modern times.

Israel has long over taken Apartheid South Africa as a belligerent and racist nation prone to acts of immense destruction to other peoples and individuals identified as enemies of the state and facilitated by its army of sayanim and kastsas controllers.

www.tehrantimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
you know the old saying..

Takes a racist to know a racist.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Interesting video of American zionists celebrating the destruction of Gaza. This is a vox populi video of the people at the celebration.

Comments heard include;

"...they should keep fighting until they wipe them all out..."
"...there is only one way to deal with a cancer; you burn it out..."
"...they are forcing us to kill their children to protect our children..."

[edit on 013131p://pm3153 by masonwatcher]

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

What?! Where did that dumb saying come from? Texas?

two lines.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

David Rovics is a world-renowned American folk singer

He is??? I never heard of him before...and no I dont live in a cave either...this person is not a well known name yet you make it sound like his name is a household name.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Did I now or did I just post the article? Something to ponder. You will find my comment below it.

Cheers

[edit on 013131p://pm3103 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Found a pic of him at one of his sold out shows...

upload.wikimedia.org...

World renowned?...that doesn't even look to be a whole neighborhood...

it appears from the photo, maybe the rest of the "world" hasn't caught on to his "renownedness" yet

[edit on 13-1-2009 by deadbang]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by masonwatcher

Imagine living in a land for generations after generation....then suddenly...ships land and an a million people get off the ship in your back yard....then those people get more and more people...suddenly you are forced out of your house...then out of the city....then out of the country...put into a Prison camp along a strip of land near the Sea...where there is no work or hardly any food....then one day someone goes nuts and runs into a crowd of the people who have taken you home, city, land and forced you to live in poverty and the deaths of family members....and blows himself up.... you call that guy a terrorist. The terrorist took the land....I don't think racism comes to play in this....sure you will hear it but I don't think these people care who you are if your doing what you are doing...you could be chinese and still have the same effect.....Hamas was created because of all of this....yrs and yrs of fighting...whats the solution genocide...kill a million and a half people because of the few....the few who lost there families....there is nothing we can do

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
He's a regular Yousef Islam Jr. Opinions about Israel & Gaza are like his songs, nobody wants to hear them and they all stink.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Perhaps some of the more open minded amongst us actually DO want to hear his opinions and all others that the MSM fails to report.

Perhaps if the MSM and those it dripfeeds propaganda to weren't so close minded, and if there wasn't a reporting ban in gaza, people like this wouldn't need to sound off.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
One man’s opinion who just happens to be an entertainer, so I guess that makes him an expert.

Go talk to a Kuwaiti, or Saudi and they will look on you as some lower sub species of human. Go ask the Pakistani how they feel about other races or cultures, I’m sure as example they have a lot of nice things to say about the Indians? Go to Iran where they have no gays and see what their views are. Go to Sudan and watch as wholes races and cultures are symmetrically removed from the planet (remember to kill the males and gang rape the women). Talk to the French…need I say more about them…hehe. Talk to the Kurds about other races around them, oh and talk to those races about the Kurds. Talk to the Greeks or Turks...

Try and become a Japanese citizen….I guess I could type for days…

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

That is the most ridiculous and pathetic statement or "saying" i have heard.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Are these countries you mentioned conducting a war on civilians? More pertinently, have these countries invaded any other?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by Xtrozero

Are these countries you mentioned conducting a war on civilians? More pertinently, have these countries invaded any other?

Why yes they are, daily, and in fact their sole target is civilians. What country did Israel invade, for it seems to me they are fighting in their own. Also, if Israel is conducting a war on civilians then they are doing a very poor job of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I honestly thought this thread had promise until I realized that it was just more propaganda.

How can Israel be racist? Palestinians can live in Israel, so can Christians, Muslims, People with purple hair, Blacks... They all do live there.

How many kinds of people live in Gaza?
Oh, right. Again.

Note- I live in Connecticut. 1. I have never heard of this "famous folk singer" and I don't see how he could know something that we don't. 2. Many many many people in Connecticut are anti-Semitic.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Where did you hear that saying, at the Nuremberg trials?

But seriously, people need to stop generalizing and appreciate the diversity of people all over the world. Being German I just happen to know a little bit about that from personal experiences I've had.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Bullhorn]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I could be mean BULL but I will play nice.

Point blank there isn't a person in the world who isn't racist in one way or the other.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Note- I live in Connecticut. 1. I have never heard of this "famous folk singer" and I don't see how he could know something that we don't. 2. Many many many people in Connecticut are anti-Semitic.

Never heard of him either. I don't listen to folk music so why should I have heard of him?

Apartheid South Africa was racist yet there were plenty of goyim there or should I say 'schwartzes'.

[edit on 033131p://pm3156 by masonwatcher]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Point blank there isn't a person in the world who isn't racist in one way or the other.

Aah! The last redoubt of the eternal racist. Let's shrug our shoulders and move on then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join