It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey: Antisemitism Gets Out of Control

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Turkey: Antisemitism Gets Out of Control

globalpolitician.com

The Prime Minister in Turkey has encouraged hatred against Israel in his speeches which has become obvious anti-Semitic propaganda among the general public.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

There are people around the clock besieging the Israeli consulate in Istanbul shouting their hatred against Israel and Jewish people. All around Istanbul billboards are full of propaganda posters against Israel like; “Moses, even this is not written in your book” and “Israel Stop this Crime.” On the streets the people are writing such graffiti as: “Kill Jews,” “Kill Israel,” “Israel should no longer exist in the Middle East,” and “Stop Israeli Massacre.”

The week-end before, some people wrote, “We will kill you” on the door of one of the biggest synagogues in Izmir resulted in the closing down of synagogues. Near Istanbul University, a group put a huge poster on the door of a shop owned by a Jew: “Do not buy from here, since this shop is owned by a Jew.” A group put posters on his wall saying that: “Jews and Armenians are not allowed but dogs are allowed.” Some young people are even threatening others with violence if they are seen as pro-Israel in social networking websites such as Facebook and Hi5.

The document attached is the official statement by the minister of education stating that tomorrow [January 14] at 11am in all the high schools and primary schools the students will pay homage to the women and children dead during the war and furthermore, the teachers of art will organize the session of painting and writing on the subject: “Humanity Drama in Palestine” and the winners will receive awards.

The Jewish community can do nothing in response to what has been going on for the last few weeks, except giving vague statements that the Turkish Jewish Community does not want the war to be continued any more.

We have previously faced some strong reaction regarding previous operations in Gaza and the West Bank but this time is really different from former ones. I feel open anti-Semitism and hatred from all these people. Nobody understood, Even some widely read columnists in Turkey are writing things that lead all these groups toward this hatred becoming much more dangerous day by day.

But I know one thing: that the world should know about the widespread and openly anti-Semitic propaganda which far exceeds anything happening in Europe.

Although I know some people here on ATS who consider every form of criticism on Israel anti-Antisemitism, I agree that anti-Semitism, especially in Muslim countries, is getting out control.

It's been more than 60 years ago that the Holocaust began and we should all continue to be aware that something like that could easily happen again. Who would ever think a second world war would take place only two decades after a first, very bloody world war, happened.

Personally, I radically disagree with the Israeli government. However, I find it really scary that people start blaming the Jews for this and the hatred that goes along with it.

globalpolitician.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MOD Note: Posting Work Written By Others: Review This Link

[edit on 1/14/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I just see the same old game..nothing new. They find some reason to blame America or Israel so that its citizens will forget about its own country's problems. Probably the safest way for them to stay in power.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I just see the same old game..nothing new. They find some reason to blame America or Israel so that its citizens will forget about its own country's problems. Probably the safest way for them to stay in power.

Israel and the US are to blame. Particularly the United States of Hypocrisy is to blame. The US has the power to allow Israel to be above the law while it forbids other countries to act like that. Sure, Hamas is also to blame. But p-l-e-a-s-e, stop the self-pity.

However, that doesn't mean Jews should be blamed for what is going on or that Israel should be destroyed.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
No self pity here. It is what it is. If Arabs countries couldn't give their people reason to hate Israel and the West, they would be overthrown in an heartbeat. And there isn't one country that doesn't play the Hypocrisy game at what time or another.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Actually, I think in the west we've given them pretty good reasons ourselves.

I'm actually tired of posting this for people to look at.

There are many other examples - perhaps you should read them, and then make an informed judgement.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Apparently Turkish politicians don't know that everyone from the Middle East is a Semite.
Anti-semitism - God, I hate that term.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes, you act like a Nazi, you are treated like a Nazi. I fail to see how Gaza is different from something like Warsaw Ghetto.

I have witnessed everyone I know totally losing respect and sympathy for Israel. This includes me.

So Israel, you blew it big time. Everyone knows Israel is a fascist apartheid state. Expect no sympathy. The world will turn against Israel. I hope that even the United States regains sanity and will stop supporting Nazisrael now.

These Nazi actions by Israel have to stop.

And I was pro-Israel such a short time ago. Well I was wrong. Israel can expect absolutely no sympathy from me in the future.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by ukuli]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I would say its hardly anti semitism to protest and be angry about another group of people that are killing and stealing from your race. There are hundreds of thousands of iraqi's protesting americas war of aggression there, and throwing shoes in the streets and calling out "death to america" but that is hardly put in the news and criticized as racism or "anti americanism". The whole "anti semitism" thing is just a propaganda act to paint anyone who disagrees with israel as racists and hate mongers, and to cover up the racism, genocide and hate mongering that israel is perpetrating.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Genocide?

2 plus million sitting in the West bank sipping on their ice tea and you want to call it a genocide.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard
Apparently Turkish politicians don't know that everyone from the Middle East is a Semite.
Anti-semitism - God, I hate that term.

Not everyone in the Middle East is Semite.

The Persians and the Turks are not Semites. A number of other small ethnic groups aren't Semite either. The Middle East is not 100% Arab. There are dozens of small ethnic minorities, whose populations number in the hundreds of thousands, across the Middle East.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

And the word "antisemitism" doesn't mean "against semitic peoples", it means "anti-Jewish".

It always has; that's what it was coined to mean. A word's definition does not depend on it etymology but on its usage.

Otherwise, awful and wonderful ("full of awe" and "full of wonder") would be synonyms.

Plus: the difference between being "anti-Israeli" and "anti-Jewish" or "antisemitic" is pretty clear.

If you blame the Jewish faith or all Jews for the actions of the state of Israel, that is antisemitism. If you say "kill Jews" (a quote from the article) that is not a political disagreement with the state of Israel, that is an antisemitic statement.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
There are obviously anti-semitism in the world, but Israel just does it's best for worsening it. Why? Because it's in it's interest.

“Moses, even this is not written in your book”

“Israel Stop this Crime.”

“Israel should no longer exist in the Middle East,”

“Stop Israeli Massacre.”

I fail to see how those quotes are anti-semitic. They are not. Israel is making a massacre in Gaza, most of the world agree. And Israel, if it cannot behave, should move somewhere else, to the USA or be disbanded all together and do a christian, muslim and jew country, policed and armed with UN troops.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The week-end before, some people wrote, “We will kill you” on the door of one of the biggest synagogues in Izmir resulted in the closing down of synagogues. Near Istanbul University, a group put a huge poster on the door of a shop owned by a Jew: “Do not buy from here, since this shop is owned by a Jew.” A group put posters on his wall saying that: “Jews and Armenians are not allowed but dogs are allowed.” Some young people are even threatening others with violence if they are seen as pro-Israel in social networking websites such as Facebook and Hi5.

You also fail to see how this is anti-Semitic?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
your right, not genocide, the correct term would be ethnic cleansing.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
NEW SONG FOR GAZA
BY MICHAEL HEART

www.michaelheart.com...

WE WILL NOT GO DOWN (Song for Gaza)
(Composed by Michael Heart)
Copyright 2009

A blinding flash of white light
Lit up the sky over Gaza tonight
People running for cover
Not knowing whether they’re dead or alive

They came with their tanks and their planes
With ravaging fiery flames
And nothing remains
Just a voice rising up in the smoky haze

We will not go down
In the night, without a fight
You can burn up our mosques and our homes and our schools
But our spirit will never die
We will not go down
In Gaza tonight

Women and children alike
Murdered and massacred night after night
While the so-called leaders of countries afar
Debated on who’s wrong or right

But their powerless words were in vain
And the bombs fell down like acid rain
But through the tears and the blood and the pain
You can still hear that voice through the smoky haze

We will not go down
In the night, without a fight
You can burn up our mosques and our homes and our schools
But our spirit will never die
We will not go down
In Gaza tonight

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
when will turkey get out of Cyprus?.. Iran could give hamas a piece of land the size of Israel and not miss it..

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
reply to post by MikeboydUS

And the word "antisemitism" doesn't mean "against semitic peoples", it means "anti-Jewish".

It always has; that's what it was coined to mean. A word's definition does not depend on it etymology but on its usage.

Otherwise, awful and wonderful ("full of awe" and "full of wonder") would be synonyms.

Plus: the difference between being "anti-Israeli" and "anti-Jewish" or "antisemitic" is pretty clear.

If you blame the Jewish faith or all Jews for the actions of the state of Israel, that is antisemitism. If you say "kill Jews" (a quote from the article) that is not a political disagreement with the state of Israel, that is an antisemitic statement.

Historically and traditionally you are right.

In this new age of politically correct newspeak many have altered the original meaning to encompass all Semites, though that was never the original intent.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Anti-Semite?

Anti-Semite...

That would require me hating their religion.

I don't see their religion.

I see their tanks, their walls, their planes, and their bombs.
I hate their tanks, their walls, their planes, and their bombs.

How can I hate something which I cannot see for the armor, and the hail of death from above?

The country gives the order, and the steel rolls forth, screeches through the air, and destroys cities with families still inside.

I have too much hatred for their government and military at the moment to give a damn about their religion.

I cannot see a persons religion to hate it, if I'm blind with rage toward the person himself.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Pro-Palestinian = Anti-Semetic
Pro-Israeli = Doesn't lable people as racist

Why can't people speak out for whoever they want? Why is only one opinion or belief politically correct?

In my view this is far from democratic and very hypocritical and almost oppressive.

Regards,

Another Anti-Semite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join