It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evian Conference 1938, Hitler and the Jews

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
History would have us believe that nothing could have been done to save the Jews of Germany and Europe. That no one knew what Hitlers plan was and no one knew of the eventual fate for the Jews of Europe.

But at this conference held in Evian, France 1938 President Franklin D Roosevelt called the nations of the World together to discuss the plight of the German and Austrian Jews. All involved knew what was already happening to the Jews, many Jews had already fled after the first wave of actions and persecutions. So no Government could ever say they were not aware. They knew of the Nazis and they knew of Hitler. What is even worse is that they could have paid Hitler and his henchmen to free these people but they did nothing.

All through the conference it became clear that no one wanted those troublesome Jews in their country. So the great leaders and nations of the World closed the doors on millions of Jews and left them to their fate and gave Hitler his green light to rid the World of the Jews. Was that their real intent, if they were fully aware of Hitler and his plans were they not complicit in the Holocaust?

After the conference Hitler was quoted as saying;

"Nobody wants them' claimed the German newspaper Völkischer Beobachter after the Evian Conference in July 1938 and Hitler gloated, saying, 'It is a shameful spectacle to see how the whole democratic world is oozing sympathy for the poor tormented Jewish people, but remains hard hearted and obdurate when it comes to helping them"

www.cdn-friends-icej.ca...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Gee the Holocaust © is being milked for all it's worth isn't it! Get over it for crying out loud! I suggest we focus our attention on the current Holocaust... you know... the one Israel is committing against the Palestinians!

IRM

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Err, the thread is not about the Holocaust its about Governments standing by and watching crimes against humanity unfold whilst doing nothing about it. Thats why it is indeed relevant to the Gaza situation.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Yeah and the Jews know how this works, they have experienced it themselves, thats why they continue their Gaza campaign. They know nobody will do a damn thing to help those poor people!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Err, the thread is not about the Holocaust its about Governments standing by and watching crimes against humanity unfold whilst doing nothing about it. Thats why it is indeed relevant to the Gaza situation.

Let me read that again... perhaps I'm mistaken....

Originally posted by magicmushroom

All through the conference it became clear that no one wanted those troublesome Jews in their country. So the great leaders and nations of the World closed the doors on millions of Jews and left them to their fate and gave Hitler his green light to rid the World of the Jews. Was that their real intent, if they were fully aware of Hitler and his plans were they not complicit in the Holocaust?

Hmmm, what's the last word in this post of yours? Holocaust perhaps?

At a time when Israel is persecuting and killing close to 1000 innocent people, i.e. Palestinians, you thought you should remind us again of the Nazi persecution of the Jews? That wreaks of agenda mate!

Just a question for you. Why do you think world leaders 'turned their backs' in Evian?

IRM

[edit on 13/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Oh for crying out loud.....

Why aren't any of you "concerned" whiz kids crying and moaning about Robert Mugabe's rape of Zimbabwe? Huh?

Why aren't any of you loudmouths raising havoc over any other issue of human rights and suffering? How about the millions struggling and dying in slums around the world....drinking water from the street and picking their daily sustenance from garbage dumps?

Where's the *snip* outrage about that????????

Mod Edit - Censor Circumvention

[edit on 13-1-2009 by alien]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Mr Penny, there is no need to be insulting such topics are discussed on a regular basis perhaps you should research ATS before condemming anyone. If you thnk any subject is missing I am sure I will add to the thread if you decide to start one on the matters you raised.

IRM, no agenda except the one in your head, this thread is merely drawing a comparison to that event and the unfolding one in Gaza and on how we repeat the same mistakes and do not learn from the past. As for why did the World leaders tuen the backs to the plight of the Jews I don't know, perhaps you should address you concerns to the current World leaders.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Apparently a holocaust only maybe bad when it happens to people we like and good or irrelevant when it occurs to someone we dislike.

Take the war on drugs...more people have died at the hands of government interference than in the holocaust and one can argue more have been imprisioned and had their lives ruined(which means they might as well have been killed) right here in our own neighborhoods at this moment right now.

They said the Jews werr superhuman as they say of the drug users, they say said the Jews were sneaky as they say of the privacy advocate, they said Jews were stealing from everyone as the druggy sometimes does, yet most don't, etc.

Since we saved those whom we say were persecuted in WWII Europe, England and the Jews, we have somehow claimed the right of whom one can be allowed to persecute today, but to be honest one has to wonder why Hitler was so HATED and why the Indians were so DESTROYED by us the Americans with not much of a thought about the people whom were destroyed and why they were forced to fight our INVADING forces and attacks.

Now we attack Iraq and help fund the attacks on Gaza, has anything ever really changed? We still march around in other peoples' countries claiming all kinds of abstracted non-existent rights to hurt people that occasionally strike back every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ANNHHHHHH

Okay fine. I'll get over the Holocaust when Christians get over the death of Jesus.

People don't just "get over" things when their family members die.

I'm soooooo frustrated.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I believe the point of this thread is; Why do people stand by and do nothing to stop a wrong?

That being the case I strongly suggest we stay on topic and avoid attacking and pointing fingers at each other.

Thank you.

gallopinghordes
forum mod

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

You might want to reconsider using tactics like mocking the senseless deaths of millions of people by putting a copyright symbol after it.

You'll reach far more people by keeping statements specifically intended to antagonize members to a minimum.

Just a suggestion.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

MrPenney, are you suggesting that the occurrence of other cruelties excuses Israel's action against the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank or that the occurrence of equal and greater atrocities elsewhere in the world should divert everyone's attention from those occurring in Palestine? It is a ludicrous argument you make, i.e. the existence of other tragedies make this one trivial. Give us all break.

[edit on 1/17/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
MrPenney, are you suggesting that the occurrence of other cruelties excuses Israel's action against the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank or that the occurrence of equal and greater atrocities elsewhere in the world should divert everyone's attention....

....blah, blah, blah.....

No, I'm not suggesting that; as you know, that would be stupid to "excuse" any instances of cruelty. It is odd however that the fervor and passion is spent on Isreal's actions in the Gaza Strip, with apparently little effort or time spent on the horrible tragedies that occur repeatedly around the world......to millions of suffering humans.

Frankly, I think it's a case of blatant bigotry.....they don't like Jews and this is the way they show it; regardless of how they phrase the rhetoric or assemble the semantics.

Divert anyone's attention? Absolutely not.....but it should at least share some attention. Otherwise, the opinions look like little more than hate speak.

top topics

join