It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New trend? threaten ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The examples I've seen tend to be when a pro-Israel poster has run out of argument, they're pretty much beaten so they resort to hate-speech and that garners a reaction, then they protest and claim to be the victim.

It's hard to combat these posts because they refuse to answer real questions, they deflect and avoid any difficult evidence and resort to low tactics to get a response they can scream about.

I know I've come close to losing my cool a couple of times, but I'll not stop confronting them on the evidence until I see them explain why they support these acts.

It is very sad that they have to make false claims and accuse ATS, and members, but they have very few weapons when confronted by the evidence of Israels war crimes.

Excellent point... you completely nailed it... this is the immaturity we should be more concerned with. When someone exaggerates and fabricates for the sole purpose of soliciting sympathy then has the gall to add insult to injury with such a threat, such people need need their fundamental character or lack there of, reflected back at them with a commentary similar to the following...

Left or right, up or down, in or out...

it's important to keep in mind these "Ten Signs of Intellectual Honesty".

If we'd all make an asserted effort to fight/play fair and follow some simple rules of respect and common decency, many more of our discussions would deliver more understanding for all involved in the mix and bystanders alike.

Now i don't want to give off the air that i am a saint when it comes to debates, but to make a threat against ATS like this is inexcusable. Such tactics are a form of intellectual terrorism... not just against ATS brass but all of us.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by The All Seeing I]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
The spectre of "watchdog" groups not liking what some of our members have to say is of no interest to ATS.

Good to know.

Keep in mind that if it happens that ATS ever does get put on the 'hate list', for whatever reason, then ATS will then be FILTERED. In the past, those groups on the magic 'hate site list' have been filtered out of public libraries, universities, gov't buildings, some defense contractors, and schools.

Lower access to ATS means less people coming in and less posts, which in turn effects advertising sales. Be prepared. Defending free speech comes at a cost. I'm sure you already know that.

MY FINAL WORD - Being CONCERNED that this could happen is in no way a threat. Those are opposites. Concern means that I don't want it to happen. A threat would be that I want it to happen and/or that I'd take steps to make sure it does. (and that would be absurd).

It's not a threat to hope people use common sense when posting so that ATS doesn't get put on the 'hate site list'. It's CONCERN. It's a BIG difference that should be easy to comprehend.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have to agree with AllseeingI, it is a lack of communication skills compounded with the lack of knowing how to debate correctly.
There have been a few times, earlier years, of when I let the conversation over ride my emotions, not a good out come for either contribution to the discussion or the respect factors from opposing individuals of said debates. It creates dismay, hatred and over all immaturity over tones of the judgement of this forum.
People that have just joined are a bit "Uneducated" to how thing's have came this far for the ATS website/forums. They have no idea of the importance of these forums for the ability of being able to talk about "Unaccepted sciences" or the like. I mean, where else can you go and talk about an experience you had such as ghosts/UFO sightings/strange sightings of animals or your personal opinions on world events to talk or share these stories and opinions? "Nowhere." Not like ATS anyway.
I was in a job that allowed me to spend my free time searching and browsing the Internet, I didn't even know that there was such an intellectual topical discussion group on the net such as the ATS forums, I lurked, liked what I saw, then I "Agreed" to the T&C of the site, have been a member ever since, with some of my own skeletons produced by my own actions or statements, but I am still here because I am "Allowed" to be here yet.
I have learned a lot since Feb. 06, and I personally feel I am a more informed individual for having listened to the people of these threads warning's that there is a "Right way" of conversation and debate, and that there is an "Incorrect way" and it didn't take long for the people of longer membership to quickly and kindly give me the path necessary to be able to stay here as long as I have. By no means, do I think the way I had before, it is like having an 'Epiphany" and at the same time it is extremely "Profound" of the thing's I thought, and what the true realities really are.
"I am a much better thought processor for having been involved with the ATS forums, and it is because of topics and conversations such as this thread!!"
"Thanks ATS, Your creation is 'Brilliant' to say the least!!"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think that when Gaza is over, things will simmer down a little bit.
I think Gaza is the whole reason for half of the posts that many find to be insulting.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join