It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US - Israel's little puppy (again)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I just thought I'd draw the attention of US ATSers to this story from the Jerusalem Post.

Upon receiving word that the US was planning to vote in favor of the resolution - viewed by Israel as impractical and failing to address its security concerns - Olmert demanded to get Bush on the phone, and refused to back down after being told that the president was delivering a lecture in Philadelphia. Bush interrupted his lecture to answer Olmert's call, the premier said.

Are there any other countries in the world that have that kind of clout with the US? It's bizarre.

And the situation in Gaza is so appalling that even Condi Rice was going to vote for the cease fire. The US voting against Israel? Unprecedented. But Olmert threw his toys out of the pram and managed to get her at least to abstain.

There's a quote from Olmert further down in the article that would be hilarius if it weren't so disgusting:

We are dealing with brutal terrorist organizations devoid of the compassion and tolerance which characterize us.

Almost half the casualties in the Gaza offensive have been women and children.

I wonder if any pro-Israeli propagandists will be targeting this thread? Because of articles like this one, we know they're out there.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Disregarding the circumstances of the war, I hope that any U.S. President would interrupt any lecture to take care of any foreign head-of-state.

You can always reconvene a lecture, who knows the urgency of the phone call.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Olmert: I told Bush not to vote for Gaza resolution
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Oh well... good to see I'm not alone in picking up on this one, at least.

Israel's compassion, though... how can someone just come out with that and keep a straight face. Even Dubya can't hide that dumb smirk when he comes out with a whopper.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquin
Disregarding the circumstances of the war, I hope that any U.S. President would interrupt any lecture to take care of any foreign head-of-state.

You can always reconvene a lecture, who knows the urgency of the phone call.

Um - wow !

You think that do you - just ring up and Bush drops everything for the 200 heads of state around the world - if everyone gets just one phone call bud thats every day of the year almost (not forgetting Bush takes 2 months annual leave every year)......nice one.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It's also worth remembering that Dubya kept reading to the kids (and people wonder why US educational standards are slipping!) on the morning of 9/11. Funny sense of priorities.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And of course, what keeps the US Israel's lapdog is the misreporting of whqt Israel's up to.

Here's an excellent report on how the US media consistently under-reports Palestinian casualties. For each israeli child killed since 2000, over 20 Palestinian children have been killed, usually by a sniper bullet to the head. The US media simply ignores most of the deaths, but will often report Israeli deaths more than once in the same media outlet. It's obscene.

You can check out the facts and figures at www.ifamericansknew.com ...which seems kind of an ironic title to me, as quite a few of the ones I see on these boards, even if they were confronted with the reality of it, would still back Israel.

new topics

top topics

join