It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When i close my eyes, i see an eye.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I was wondering if anyone has had or has heard of this happening..... when i am relaxed or when im just sitting still, i have noticed that when i close my eyes, i see one eye. Its not always the same eye, it appears in different colors and shapes. After that, i can begin to see colors, most prominent is purple, but also a bright deep blue too. This then begins to seem to turn into a 'tunnel' which has many twists and turns, after all this, i begin to see random objects such as shapes, but often it can be images (which i seem to forget what they are once its all over) I feel i have spiritually evolved quite rapidly these last few months, and wondered if this could be the reason. I am assuming the eye im seeing is related to my third eye, but any advice is appreciatted.

I should point out i dont drink or take any substances!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I was practicing meditation with a friend a few years back,after awhile in my minds eye a turquoise mist kinda rolled in it parted a little and i was looking at a um what i think was a red dragons eye looking right at me.

So i kinda know how you feel.
I was told later by my friend that it was my spirit guide saying hello in the least confronting way lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

Thanks, i too have noticed a red dragon looking eye, and kind of became worried it was a sinister thing, but it only appeared the once, the rest look relatively normal, almost animated though...

I just wish i could remember the images i see!! its very frustrating not remembering something, that you saw 2minutes ago!... because i feel they are important, so it makes no sense to not remember them!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Like a Lord of the Ring eye or a more comforting, insightful eye?

Otherwise, just take off the ring
JK JK JK

Seriously, ominous or comforting?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bskivss3

Lol..... ive not watched lord of the rings so not sure what that eye looks like!.... but it doesnt scare me, and only seems to happen in a relaxed state, and then, as i said... comes the colors and the 'tunnel' and then images.
Each eye i see seems to be different, and in a type of animated form.
I was hoping others have had similar experiences, so that i could kind of validate the experience.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
It sounds like you are seeing your third eye. The colors you mentioned are associated with the upper chakras and the fact that you begin to see images all lends to this thought.

I would meditate and ask that you learn to "see" through this and make sense of the images you see.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I must say that reading your post kind of freaked me out a bit.
Lately I have been trying to connect with my "inner self" and started trying to meditate (which is harder then I thought it would be). I started noticing that I would see almost clouds of colour swirling around. Eventually I realized that the best way for me to quiet my mind is to just watch the colours.
Then, I started to try visualization and the only thing I have been able to see is an eye. It isn't always the same eye, different shapes and colours but only one everytime. I am very unsure of what the meaning of seeing only one eye is. Maybe a spirit guide? I am pretty new to the "spiritual world"; but, I am definately intrigued!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Merkabah

I've had almost exactly the same experiences since I was a child! Wow, how you described it sent a little chill down my spine - I had always assumed this was to do with bloodflow or something similar (are there any scientific explanations?). When you say you see an eye you don't literally mean a vivid picture of an eye but more like a glowing rig shape that you just feel is an eye?

There was one difference for me, it starts off with dots, streaks and patches of colours coming into the blackness, then tunnels/vortexes and the impression of moving quickly then explosions of what I can best describe as stars and then onto the eye which grows and shrinks.

I am now able to manipulate it at will, so I can jump right to the eye virtually the moment I close my eyes or 'play' with the colours and tunnels of light, go to the eye and back - whatever. When I was younger it was like my own personal ride (I didn't have so much control then) is this really paranormal/mystical or as I had assumed has a physical explanation?

Can't believe I've just typed this as I've not spoken about it before but felt compelled to after reading the opening post. Thanks for sharing!

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thank you very much redhead!!... i will try that tonight!

Goathief... wow! its great to hear from someone else having the same experiences!... i too have had the 'tunnel' thing, and numerous colours/patterns since i was child, it used to feel like i was looking through a kaleidoscope, lots of colors and shapes moving together.

With the eye thing, it is definitely an eye that i see now, but i do also see a 'ball' shape, that seems to move, expand etc. The 'tunnel' is very surreal, feels like you are zooming through it, then comes the images, which at the time are fascinating, but as soon as i come out of the meditation/relaxing, i cant remember what i saw. Sometimes it like a dimly lit torch in a blacked out room, moving over images, other times i see clear (ish) images as a whole, but never remember them

Thanks so much for sharing your experience

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I used to get these a lot when I was a kid, I still do now but they're less vivid.

It's called CEV or Closed Eye Visualizations.

from wiki:

This can be seen when you close your eyes, but try to actively look with your eyes at the back of your closed eyelids. In a bright room, a dark red can be seen, owing to a small amount of light penetrating the eyelids and taking on the color of the blood within them. In a dark room, blackness can be seen. But in either case it is not a flat unchanging redness/blackness. Instead, if actively observed for a few minutes, one becomes aware of an apparent disorganized motion, a random field of lightness/darkness that overlays the redness/blackness of your closed eyelids.

The colours come as you become more and more relaxed through meditation or just relaxation. If you use any hallucinogen drugs then CEV become even more vivid.

Its an uncontrolled visualization, and i don't think it has anything to do with spirituality. Kind of like the translucent spots you can see in the sky sometimes, which are actually just white blood cells moving through your retina.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by shane84]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Sounds suspiciously like you are imagining seeing a random eye when you have your own eyes closed. If this upsets you... I would suggest you try and imagine something else. Maybe sugar plums.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder what that insane convict in Texas that ripped out his remaining eye "sees" now (in his mind's eye, that is).....

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds plausible to me shane, the only gripe I have with that is the alleged randomness and uncontrollability because it is neither random or uncontrollable. The fact that the OP described exactly the same thing (I've heard other people mention random colours when closing their eyes but that is different) intrigues me no end.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I have actually seen a real eye in a pyramid and the eye was looking left and right and the white parts off the eye was red but i cant remember the colour off the eye. All i remember was the eye looked so real. Then after that i saw an image of most off Australia under water, like i was a bird watching the continent from the clouds. It was wierd.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
YES! You are the first one who also has this. I for years since I was a kid saw an eye like form when I had my eyes closed. It was scary and it felt as if I was under surveillance. When I was 21 I saw on an billboard an eye: just an oval with a dark circle in it. It was the enblem or so of a company. It scared me sh&tless.

Mind you I always saw an oval with a dark circle in it, never a real eye. I haven't seen it for years ow.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Dude this has been happening to me ever sence I was a little kid as well. I can remember sitting in church just spacing out seeing the eye(and in several occasions Ican recall eyes) and the tunnels, I always associated the tunnel with space travel in my mind, all kinds of little stars and what have you. I can recall telling my mother about it when i was little as well, I don't quite recall her reaction though.

It's good to know I'm not the only one to have had these experiences.

Cheers-
Dj Deadman

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I found these posts while looking for anything describing the experiences I am having. I am experiencing a kaleidoscope effect in closed eye mediation. The kaleidoscope images are made up of intricate geometrical shapes.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Meh I've had something similar but only when I looked in the mirror a long time at my eye. It will then flash periodically when I close my eyes...and am tired. I don't think there's much to it.

As for the tunnel, that sounds more like the beginning of a vision. Before I have a vision or glimpse of the future I experience something like this with flashing images.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What, you mean everyone doesn't see those?

I think what you're describing are 'pressure phosphenes'. These are visual stimuli created without external light (entirely inside the eye or visual system of the brain).

Sometimes, when meditating or relaxing, the eye can go into a 'micro-saccade' state of rapid movement - similar to what happens in REM sleep. This can cause pressure variations, and moving bright after-images.

Here's something interesting; Issac Newton reported the same thing, though he was crazy enough to cause it by poking his own eyeball:

I tooke a bodkine gh & put it betwixt my eye & [the] bone as neare to [the] backside of my eye as I could: & pressing my eye [with the] end of it (soe as to make [the] curvature a, bcdef in my eye) there appeared severall white darke & coloured circles r, s, t, &c. Which circles were plainest when I continued to rub my eye [with the] point of [the] bodkine, but if I held my eye & [the] bodkin still, though I continued to presse my eye [with] it yet [the] circles would grow faint & often disappeare untill I removed [them] by moving my eye or [the] bodkin.

If [the] experiment were done in a light roome so [that] though my eyes were shut some light would get through their lidds There appeared a greate broade blewish darke circle outmost (as ts), & [within] that another light spot srs whose colour was much like [that] in [the] rest of [the] eye as at k. Within [which] spot appeared still another blew spot r espetially if I pressed my eye hard & [with] a small pointed bodkin. & outmost at vt appeared a verge of light.

blog.demring.com...

Yikes, that makes me cringe just reading it!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

you might want to try and project yourself closer & closer to that pupil of the EYE you see at the end of the tunnel.

(if you soar like a bird or fly the magic carpet your resting on)
~or whatever visualization technique your comfortable with~
go up real close to the EYE, you will get to look directly into the
other world being presented to you...

with practice you will be able to fly right through that EYE pupil, directly into that other world or reality
to shamans it is known as traveling to either the upper spirit world or the lower spirit world.

i've noticed, after a few times, that if that tunnel has different 'things'
seemingly attached to the walls of the tunnel, like arms grabbing at you or
beings, entities appearing in the folds & crevaces of the Tunnel walls...
then your spiritual flight is to the lower-or-underworld...

keep vigilent & prepared for whatever may arise after you pass through that eyeball like Portal.

however, the totally black & nothingness Tunnel, is more like a clear tube
in which you often travel faster-than-light (it seems) and it takes your probably a minute or two to even see the piont of light 'pupil' of the eye
still far off in the distance...

keep focusing on that distant Portal
and you will soon see that it too is an EYE which actually radiates light outward---
as it too is an entry way, but into the upper worlds where
some people have seen sights & worlds that have finally become available to the public through pictures taken by Hubble Telescope...

i sure do not know other sites which spell out your situation clearly,
that's what teachers & mentors are for, to ask questions and get responses from.... i'd say try & find a local person or group

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join