It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli troops shot at from Jordan at border crossing- army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

www.hurriyet.com.tr

An Israeli army patrol came under gunfire from inside Jordan at a border crossing early on Tuesday, the army said, adding that no one was hurt in the rare attack that comes amid the Gaza conflict. Jordan denied the report.

"A border guard patrol near the Rabin crossing came under fire from an unknown source from inside Jordanian territory and fired back in their direction," a spokesman told AFP.

"There were no injuries or damage," he said.

Jordan denied the report by the Israeli army.

"A military source in the General Command of the Jordanian armed forces denied ... that shots had been fired from the Jordanian side on the Western border, affirming that there is no truth to this information," Reuters reported quoting the Petra news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It seems this conflict is getting to boiling point, first syria, now jordan, basiclly the jordanian military is saying that this didnt happen.

I would have thought that they would blame it on militants inside jordan, but there saying it is lies..

Is it possible that israel is trying to escalate this war before inauguration, so Bush can retain office, i know alot of people would say that bush cant wait to get out of office, im not to sure to be honest.

www.hurriyet.com.tr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther
Is it possible that israel is trying to escalate this war before inauguration, so Bush can retain office, i know alot of people would say that bush cant wait to get out of office, im not to sure to be honest.

How do you conclude that this is a ploy to keep Bush in office? Because there is a battle going on that doesn't directly involve the U.S? Maybe you weren't aware the U.S. had FDR and Harry Truman as presidents during WWII, something that makes this Gaza skirmish look like nothing.

This is absolutely not a conspiracy to keep Bush in office.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ive been saying this, havent I?

'Israel forces under fire from Jordan'

Israeli troops have come under fire from Jordan at a border crossing with the kingdom, says an Israeli military spokeswoman.

www.presstv.ir...

"Israel have almost achieved the goals, what it placed to operation Cast Lead to itself." So said Olmert day before yesterday... Then came few rockets from Lebanon, shots from Syria, and now from Jordan.

We are heading to all out crisis, WW3, and there is nothing to stop that progress, unless Israel is not unarmed, forced to reduce its weaponry, and Zionist government should be ousted. No other way.

Crimes made by USrael already gives all the reason to further escalation, hate policy all around middle east... These news are hailed in minds of millions of new Israeli enemy, made in purpose with this going operation.

Bad news, but there is more to come, and any truce anymore will not stop this development... Gaza 911 Trauma is done.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

USA is not directly involved?

Your troops are directly involved, dont forget the facts...

US-funded program fails to stop tunnel smuggling
www.google.com...

Report: US officers deployed along Egypt-Rafah border
www.ynetnews.com...

And in political, diplomatic level...

US told not to vote for Gaza resolution

Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says he had told the US president not to vote in favor of the recent United Nations resolution on Gaza.

www.presstv.ir...

And plenty of more to show that USA is directly involved.

If US media doesnt tell you the facts, that doesnt mean that is not happening - US is in war against Palestine with Israel - USrael.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther

Bush decade is done - But Obama is no change.

Timing is always important, and now when whole USA is living in tomorrow, its good moment to do crimes today. Obama has already shown where he stands, when keeping silent with Gaza situation.

"Same old, same old..." And when this war is started in "bush era" its blamed just to be one another of those Bush mistakes... So will it be said, but truth is that Obama-Hillary are just getting ready to its next phase - to the solution.

I already can hear Obamas words... "When I get my presidency, many mistakes was already done... But we can not turn our faces from the facts, and what is done, its done, and we have to continue as a great nation..."

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I have been thinking just how have Israel's neighbours been taking this, it must be stiring much resentment and hatred. And given the fact of Israel's long term ambitions it can only be a question of time where Israel itself comes under an all out attack from various sides.

The danger of that though is israel would go nuclear as it does not have the means to fight a protracted war. Then the whole situation could spiral out of control very quickly. But the parasites who are running the show are keeping to their agenda so this will come about anyway. I just hop we all survive it all.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Israel say Syria shoot at them - Syria asy its crap

now israel say jordan are shooting at them , and Jordan say its crap.

next will be israel say Egypt are shooting at them - then come the M1A2 battle tanks of Egypt.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
Israel say Syria shoot at them - Syria asy its crap

now israel say jordan are shooting at them , and Jordan say its crap.

next will be israel say Egypt are shooting at them - then come the M1A2 battle tanks of Egypt.

to be honest I would even suggest that half the rockets fired out of Gazza had a "made in Israel stamp on them"

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Could Israel possibly playing the blame game to get US involved, so it can fight its neighbors and expand its borders into what the Israel in the OT looked like?

If the US gets involved in "defending" Israel against Jordan, Syria, Egypt, and Iran that would equal a World War, which is a National Emergency, giving Bush indefinite stay as the President, and control over all of the goverment, turning it into a monarchy.

link   
ahhh, poor little baby, is jordon picking on you aswell, well would you like me to nuke the big bad muslims for you, ahwould you like mommy to nuke 'em? ayes you would, ayes you would, lets nuke the [size=3.5]big bad [size=4.5]bullies

link   
I would immediately assume that this is more BS from Israel, they're fighting a media war too, on all fronts.

They'll use anything to make them the victims in this slaughter in Gaza, and I'll expect to see a lot more.

But, TBH, I have no sympathy for any member of the IDF. You join an army, you expect to be shot at, you take part in a slaughter of innocent people, and you should expect to be enemy number one internationally.

I would much rather see attacks against the Israeli military than random attacks against innocent Israelis. Not all of them support what their government is doing. I hope all other groups and nations don't decide to retaliate in a similar way to what Israel is now doing, they should focus any attacks on the government and military of Israel and nothing more.

All nations have a right to defend their borders against what is now proven to be a dangerous nation; Israel.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

... In war there are always opposition politics, and there are individual soldiers. Both can change the storyboard to way, where its not mend to go.

All we need is furious tank squad leader, and two of his following tank commanders, manning three Abrams with Palestinian born soldiers... With those who are harming together situation, and blaming their corrupted leaders... - Will to help is growing every moment!

Of course mission itself is suicidal, but if timing would be right... There would be a great chance to knock out many of... Sure there are many planning on their way, but when the water will spoil out?

War is always a great risk.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
No Israel has given us their own pointer, the motto of Mossad, by way of deception thou shall make war. And yes it is about the formation of a greater Israel or given its real name, lets steal more land and all the oilfields then the Wests patsy will have control of ME oil and not the Arabs.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This no the beginning of ww3 or the end of the world but the realization that Israel is and will always be in precarious situation within the borders that they occupied.

You can not wag war against the Arab world when you are surrounded by them.

Is better to make your enemies your friends so life can be more bearable, something that the governments of Israel has not been very good at thought the years.

Sad but true.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hard to make your enemies your friends when a lot of them are taught to destroy you and many refuse to recognize you.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
And that is something that Israel and the US have to live with when Israel was made a nation thanks to the influences of the US but the Palestinians were rob of that right even when they were also promise the same.

That is the problem now and will always be as long as the Palestinians are keep without define borders and status as a nation.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Israel Is doing just what they should be doing.
Rockets made in Israel. Lol.
From what I have read here most have not been there or know anything about what is up other than what they choose to read.
Maybe they will clean out the nest so the rest of the people can get on with there lives.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For what it is worth - i did not hear about that in local media. It still does not mean that it did not happen since peace with Jordan is presented (and justifiably) as one of achievments of certain party currently in election process and it might hurt its chances a bit. Anyway - it is not going to open no new fronts. There were bloody terror acts on Israeli-Jordan border and nothing happened.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This no the beginning of ww3 or the end of the world but the realization that Israel is and will always be in precarious situation within the borders that they occupied.

You can not wag war against the Arab world when you are surrounded by them.

Is better to make your enemies your friends so life can be more bearable, something that the governments of Israel has not been very good at thought the years.

Sad but true.

Obviously you have your head in the sand if you think israel wont make war because its surrounded by arab countrys.. Half the arab countrys are in the pockets of the US and Israel..

new topics

top topics

join