It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert : called Bush to force change in U.N. vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Olmert : called Bush to force change in U.N. vote

www.alertnet.org

Pouring on political bravado in a speech late on Monday, Olmert said he demanded to talk to Bush with only 10 minutes to spare before a U.N. Security Council vote on Thursday on a resolution opposed by Israel calling for an immediate ceasefire.

"When we saw that the secretary of state, for reasons we did not really understand, wanted to vote in favour of the U.N. resolution ... I looked for President Bush and they told me he was in Philadelphia making a speech," Olmert said.

"I said, 'I don't care. I have to talk to him now,'" Olmert said, describing Bush, who leaves office on Jan. 20, as "an unparalleled friend" of Israel.

"They got him off the podium, brought him to another room and I spoke to him. I told him, 'You can't vote in favour of this resolution.' He said, 'Listen, I don't know about it, I didn't see it, I'm not familiar with the phrasing.'"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
jta.org
www.latimes.com
news.google.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
olmert quoted as saying he forced Bush and shamed Rice

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Israel does not simply control America through positions of power in congress and as heads of industry or Lobbying - now the just ring up and demand the President do as he is told - America is finished if this is any where near true - And it clearly is.

You have some middle eastern basket case of a country which survives on aid ringing your president up and demanding he obey......OMG!

www.alertnet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
lol, this is funny , shows how much AIPAC controls USA

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thats the point - its NOT AIPAC - America is not controlled by a Lobby group but directly under the control of the Israeli Government - its there in plain print.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This has been top news on a lot of others sites and highly discussed, but on ATS, I really couldn't find the story without searching, then I found this one and another, but neither has been discussed, I really had to dig around to find them.

It's top news in other areas. I was really surprised, not just at the interfarance, but then to be so open about it. I guess this is not the first time that it's happened, if it can be so openly discussed.

Oh well.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It is freaking me out - the silence is deafening...
oh well..

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
There is nothing new in this, other nations in the past have done exactly th same, calling on friends when you in deep poop and asking them to save your botty.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Bizarre... Israel isnt abiding by the decision anyway, so why do they care about the numbers of the vote?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Defending my thread... Already here since yesterday...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join