It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

War and Natural Gas: The Israeli Invasion and Gaza

www.globalresearch.ca

The military invasion of the Gaza Strip by Israeli Forces bears a direct relation to the control and ownership of strategic offshore gas reserves.

This is a war of conquest. Discovered in 2000, there are extensive gas reserves off the Gaza coastline.

The invasion plan of the Gaza Strip under "Operation Cast Lead" was set in motion in June 2008, according to Israeli military sources:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I didn't see any discussion on this subject except back in 2007 before the current invasion took place.
(Sorry if it has been discussed...there are way too many threads to look through on the gaza situation)

This is probably the real reason for the "Cast Lead" campaign.
With $4 billon dollars at stake for Israel and maybe more oil reserves potentialy under the gas reserves they want it for themselves.

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Gaza was handed over to Palestine in 2005, five years after they discovered these resources.

Israel also controls the air and water space in and around Gaza, part of the agreement signed when Gaza was handed over. And the gas is in the water.

So no it's not for the gas reserves.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

I agree,

Israel had many opportunities under worse cirucmstances to take claim to gaza's supposid gas fields.

Plus, I think the Israeli's are a bit smarter than to do it, i mean its not as if the region doesnt have enough reason to want to kill them!

new topics

top topics

join