It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

olmert quoted as saying he forced Bush and shamed Rice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes yes there are many Israel threads, but this is what is happening in the world right now.

According to the article jta.org... o-shame-rice

jta.org...

Olmert: I got Bush to ‘shame’ Rice

By Ron Kampeas · January 12, 2009

WASHINGTON (JTA) -- Ehud Olmert reportedly said that he persuaded President Bush to abstain from a U.N. Security Council call for a cease-fire, leaving Condoleezza Rice "shamed."

"She was left shamed," AFP, the French news agency, quoted the Israeli prime minister as telling an audience in Ashkelon on Monday, referring to the U.S. secretary of state. "A resolution that she prepared and arranged, and in the end she did not vote in favor."

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As an american I am embarrassed for my country if what he says is true. As an Israel supporter I can think of many things I would like to do to their political class.

I really do not understand why the US would allow such insolence from an important ally yes but small country.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

As an american I am embarrassed for my country if what he says is true. As an Israel supporter I can think of many things I would like to do to their political class.

I really do not understand why the US would allow such insolence from an important ally yes but small country.

Israel is NOT an important ally - they are an expensive, destabilising embarrassment.

This is the most important happening in this entire war - this proves that Israel does not simply control America through Lobbying tactics of AIPAC but actually controls your country - America is a stooge of Israel and this is a disgrace.

Israel has not assisted in ANY wars for the US, it has cost the US trillions of dollars through the oil (prices) and aid - and billions in arms sponsorships, all that America gets is a worsening reputation and economic collapse as fund after fund after fund withdraws support for america due to their middle east policy.

Israel is the true reason why America is collapsing.

The Prime Minister of Israel ORDERED Bush to come to the phone and ORDERED him to change his policy and then Bragged about it -

America you are STUFFED !

"I said: 'Get me President Bush on the phone,'" Olmert said in a speech in the southern Israeli city of Ashkelon. "They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn't care: 'I need to talk to him now.' He got off the podium and spoke to me."

This was all over the news last night in Europe

www.google.com...

[edit on 13-1-2009 by audas]

[edit on 13-1-2009 by audas]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This is all over the news in a lot of places, but I didn't even see it here. This is coming from a lot of sources, but this thread is practically buried here or something. I did a search first nothing, then tried to post the headline, and told I could not cause the thread already existed, but could not find it. Finally I found it buried. This should be a huge topic of discussion and it's very telling that it's not.

Here is the telegraph link.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The United States, Israel's main ally, had initially been expected to voted in line with the other 14 but Ms Rice later became the sole abstention.

"In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council, we did not want her to vote in favour," Mr Olmert said

"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn't care. 'I need to talk to him now'. He got off the podium and spoke to me.

"I told him the United States could not vote in favour. It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favour."

This is not coming from some third party this is coming straight from the source, but nothing there should be much more reaction and this should be on the news, but not.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
You are right this is very telling of what the politicians think of us.

This is all over the news in a lot of places, but I didn't even see it here. This is coming from a lot of sources, but this thread is practically buried here or something. I did a search first nothing, then tried to post the headline, and told I could not cause the thread already existed, but could not find it. Finally I found it buried. This should be a huge topic of discussion and it's very telling that it's not.

I am surprised as well, i thought members here would find it very interesting, I dont know maybe we are just getting tired of the middle east topics.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Really guys? Olmert publicly admits that he forced BUsh and Rice to refrain from voting, after they had planned on moving forward with it, and no one here cares?

Even as an Israel supporter this upset me.

How can barley any members have interest in this, considering its all over the news.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This need to be posted on every board on the net before TPTB have it erased from the net. ISRAEL IS THE BOSS of the whole show.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Why are you all wondering why there is no support for this story and not flagging it?!?!?!?!?

S&F

THIS is how the world works, unfortunately, if you are not an israeli.

This also makes me sick, why are people not calling for Bush to be hung???

[edit on 13-1-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desolate Cancer

You want another proof, just listen, to what they say, to one another:

According to Israel radio (in hebrew) Kol Yisrael, Peres warned
Sharon Wednesday that refusing to heed incessant American
requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger
Israeli interests and "turn the US against us."

At this point, a furious Sharon reportedly turned toward Peres,
saying "every time we do something you tell me Americans will do
this and will do that. I want to tell you something very clear,
don't worry about American pressure on Israel, we, the Jewish
people control America, and the Americans know it."

The radio said Peres and other cabinet ministers warned Sharon
against saying what he said in public because "it would cause us
a public relations disaster."

www.wrmea.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I've seen this discussed in several other threads and what I don't understand is how asking the U.S. to stay out of the vote helps in any way. The U.S. is one of the 5 nations with absolute veto power and they could have single-handedly killed the measure. If they really controlled things they would have asked the U.S. to veto the cease-fire resolution.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure but this might be one reason they abstained instead of using their veto power.

Source

Rice later said the resolution, which is binding, had positive elements, including assigning blame to Hamas for the war. However, the United States did not agree with its call for an "immediate" cease-fire, she said, preferring to focus on negotiations in Cairo that were likelier to meet Israel's demands for an end to Hamas rocket fire and weapons smuggling.

Something doesn't smell right with the previous paragraph, add the denial of the state department and a 'confirmation' that Bush had been out of Philadelphia hours before the vote, same source.

There is an inconsistency in the Olmert story. According to the Los Angeles Times, Bush returned to the White House from Philadelphia hours before the U.N. vote, according to the president's schedule.

I'm no liking the situation, but this has turned into a 'wait and see' situation on what Israel will do, What the Arab states will respond and what the U.S. reaction will be.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Riviera]

new topics

top topics

join