It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo photograph from hawaii 12-28-08

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I found this pic and couldn't find it anywhere on ATS. It looks like it could be a bird but maybe not. What do you guys think??

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, I see mountains in the background. So, I'm thinking it's some kind of Sky surfer or something similar in origin.

[edit on 12uMonday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Looks like a bird to me too. Interesting effect though, the way the light shines through the wings and such.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
It looks like a parachuter... His arms stretched out and you can see the chute on his back. But if not that then definately a bird.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Never really thought about it being a parachuter. But I guess it could be anything at this point.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Looks like the underbelly of a space shuttle flying away from the viewer. It's too perfect on each side to be a bird. I just had my eyes checked and they are fine.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
BTW I meant "looks like". I downloaded the original (freely available) and cropped this out. I dunno, I don't see a bird. I see wings though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Looks like a hang glider with some black blotch photoshop over it.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
It took a while to find a suitable picture of a bird from the underneath with the light shining through its wings, AND I am not suggesting it is a fairy tern, the shape is wrong, but notice the similarities in how the body and the portions of the wings that have muscle on them are darker than the more see through portions of the wing that are feathers only.

images.google.com.../images%3Fq%3Dfairy%2Btern%2Bin%2Bflight%26um%3D1%26h l%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US
fficial%26sa%3DN

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This is a hard call especially since the photographer was not actually aiming at the object.

I would say no to bird and parachuter or other slow moving objects solely on the fact that the photographer could have easily shot again.

But looking at it as a bird.....it could be one, though the wing symmetry is insane! It doesnt fit the common disc\orb\triangle which most Alien species tend to use and be photographed using. Maybe someone flying a remote controlled jet?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If you examine this photograph there are two other airborne objects, that more resemble birds I am apt to say that some sort of anomoly with how the picture was taken has either obscured or changed the actual object in the foreground, look at the other two they are clearly birds, who knows though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If it is a UFO, one thing I can promise you is that the Army would know about it. Wahiawa is the site of a large Army base, and it is situated very near an incredibly protected valley full of old munitions, bunkers full of nerve gas, etc.

This photo wasnt taken in a remote part of Hawaii where something odd in the sky would escape notice. It is taken on the most populated island in a valley that is heavily militarized.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I see what you're saying about the bird but then again I can make that shape make sense as a bird yet. I flipped the thing around in my image viewer and couldn't see a bird there either. It kind of reminds me of that turkey UFO video, one of which I posted as an early thread of mine. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today I think all ufos are made here on Earth.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
There appear to be other flying objects in the photo, which are probably birds, that also give off the same kind of light profile, if not exactly the same shape. If it was all by itself, and there were no other birds around, it would be a lot less easy to see that it was probably a bird.

That being said, it could be an alien spacecraft flying around the sky with a bunch of birds. What's more reasonable?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki

It kind of reminds me of that turkey UFO video, one of which I posted as an early thread of mine. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Today I think all ufos are made here on Earth.

Turkey UFO?
Everybody knows turkeys can't fly. Or can they?
Turkeys Away!

Not OT. He started it.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Easy one. That's a flying beetle. Wide abdomen. Small head. Wing covers splayed to the side. Translucent wings. Beetle.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Looks biological at any rate.

Certainly not a skydiver. If that were a skydiver that low with his chute not open, and his arms spread wide, he was a dead skydiver a few seconds later.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It looks like some kind of UAV or model airplane. It is way too small to be a UFO. It is could be extra terrestrial at most it is a prob of some sort but it looks like a small plane to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I am going with beetle too. It is a lot nearer than it appears.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
To my eyes, it seems to be close to the camera.

I'm no expert, but I'd say it would be pretty small, like only a few inches across.

Beetle it is.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join