It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HAMAS raids aid trucks, steals aid and sells to highest bidders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Further evidence about the corruption and evil of Hamas. The poor Palestine people. Hamas is not looking out for them and are not the brave freedom fighter so many of you try to paint them to be.

"Hamas on Monday raided some 100 aid trucks that Israel had allowed into Gaza, stole their contents and sold them to the highest bidders.

The IDF said that since terminal activity is coordinated with UNRWA and the Red Cross, Israel could do nothing to prevent such raids, Israel Radio reported.

Between 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., the army had ceased all military activity in Gaza and once again established a "humanitarian corridor" to help facilitate the transfer of the supplies.

/77l4cl/JPArticle/ShowFull

I know some of you will discount this immediately as propaganda lies. However multiple press outlets are reporting the same thing. Please try to view this story with an open mind.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I can understand Hamas commandeering the aid trucks being reported by JPost, but how do they know that is was auctioned off to the highest bidder? Did they have a reporter documenting the sale?

Wouldn't you think Hamas has enough on their plate without chasing money?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I read this story earlier and came to the conclusion it was complete dog turd. I read another article yesterday from the same source stating that Hamas fighters were laying down weapons and deserting
Where the hell are they deserting too?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I know some of you will discount this immediately as propaganda lies. However multiple press outlets are reporting the same thing. Please try to view this story with an open mind.

Can you point us to these "multiple press outlets?" I'll believe something if its true and there is evidence to support it. But so far this is the only place where I've heard such a thing, so forgive me if I don't immediately believe it.

PS. Furthermore I dont think that all the people that have been posting criticism about Israel think HAMAS are a bunch of Angels, but they dont think the Israeli government are angels either. We defend the Palestinian people, the innocent men, women, and children being killed by Israeli ordinance. So to say that we disagree with how the state of Israel is acting does not mean that we agree that HAMAS should also kill innocents. Dont put words in our mouths.... please.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by 3vilscript]

[edit on 1/12/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The link isn't working for me.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

[Can you point us to these "multiple press outlets?" I'll believe something if its true and there is evidence to support it. But so far this is the only place where I've heard such a thing, so forgive me if I don't immediately believe it.

I beleive by multiple press outlets he means:

1) The IDF
2) The Israeli government
3) AIPAC

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

The link is down.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Funny the Jerusalem Post (Kind of like the NY Post) is a legit source yet many will refuse to use Al Jazeera claiming ITS biased

Two peas in the pod as far as I am concerned

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paul76

Likely they were living to fight another day and deserting to being civilians again. Nothing dampens the ardor of terrorists like a trained army shooting at them. The sad part is the effect on all the people in between the factions. Hamas has nothing to lose by poking the tiger and eliciting a violent response. They get what they want. Dead Gazans who cause the living to hate Israel and love their pals, Hamas. Perhaps they'll even recruit a few young people to be suicide bombers. Note that the leadership is not dedicated enough nor spiritual enough to buy into the 'holy warrior' spew and strap on the vests themselves. Seems like a lack of dedication to me.
I see rockets in their future. Going both ways.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by paul76

Likely they were living to fight another day and deserting to being civilians again.

Blood in, Blood out. I don't think you can just walk out of Hamas whilst in the middle of war and just go back to selling eggs and spuds. Even if you could walk out just like that, what too? You've got just as much chance of dying at home than the front lines.

Anyway back on topic. The Jerusalem post is full of crap. I've noticed this over the last two weeks. I prefer this source, much better with interesting articles.

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 12uMonday09/27/08 by paul76]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
War and Profit ... in the heat of the battle ... I think the battle is slightly one sided ... I think Isreal is showing her true colors and that is the vile the world has time and again came to dis like... call it what you will ... I call it vile act of in humanity.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

Thats fine, there are people that say each side can do no wrong. MasonWatcher will defend anything Hamas does, probably even defending if they defiled his family. I am sure that would be Jews fault also to him.

There is a complete lack of reasoned critical thinking going on by many. Al Jazeera and JPost aren't even comparable. One is state run and owned and the other is a free press. Of course, ya ya I know what many of you will say, that its not really free and blah blah blah. So save your keys the torture of your delusional writing, I said it for you.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Mmmmm yes, such an unbiased source.

I'll take a story that is pro-Israeli coming from Jerusalem with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok, out of curiosity, give me a few examples of news sources you would accept. Apparently to many of you, Al Jazeera is legit. So what besides them?

What sources would you accept as legitimate?

top topics

join