It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Doing 'Rural Cleansing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

As of last night, a US marshall, 2 state police and a county police are all over Mr. Hixon's area, serving notices to farmers that they are being sued by Monsanto. They arrive in pairs, with two cars parked a quarter mile and half mile down the road. They've served 3 so far and said "a bunch more are coming." No telling how many will be served since Hixon has between 200-400 farmers he cleans seeds for and these farmers have been repeatedly threatened by Monsanto thugs for the last two months, getting "visits," letters, and calls daily.

Farmers report that a Monsanto investigator laughed that they were doing "rural cleansing."

www.opednews.com...

-----------------------------------------------

Just wanted to share this story showing that the war on food continues. Monsanto seems determined to use whatever methods are necessary to monopolize the production of food.

I wish that the story went into detail about what legal arguments Monsanto is using to try to keep farmers from using their own seed. If anyone can add to this it would be appreciated.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/1/2009 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Montsanto is evil incorporated. I truly believe that their business practices are nothing short of completely unethical, inhumane, and expressly in violation of the best interests of any country and humanity as a whole. They violate their basic "licence to operate."

[edit on 2009/1/12 by Aeons]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I just don't believe that they are evil, not when our fine upstanding law enforcement officers are assisting them.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
give Monsanto control over seeds and billions will starve.
S + F

this is too important to ignore.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

A support service for this website is not currently available. Problems of this nature are often temporary. Please try this page again in 5-10 minutes. The address of this page is www.opednews.com/populum/page.php
The error message is as follows:

Unable to connect to the database at this time.

Hopefully it's back up soon. Thus, I cannot comment on this exact story, but Monsanto is the devil incarnate. The way they persecute farmers is just wrong. There was one case several years back where some stray Monsanto seeds ended up in this farmer's crop and Monsanto sued him for using their intellectual property, even though he had no idea where the seeds came from. It sounds a lot like this story, based on the quote you provided.

Food is just about as basic a human right as you can get. And the very idea of 'terminator seeds', well, that has absolutely no merit whatsoever except as a business model and a way to exercise power.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For much more on Monsanto see this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've only just heard of this corporation.

Surely the control and monopolizing of food and farming is completely against international law?

No state, corporation or person has the right to control the growing of food by individuals.

This requires urgent attention.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I've only just heard of this corporation.

Surely the control and monopolizing of food and farming is completely against international law?

The fundamental problem with Monsanto is that it has evolved into such a huge, influential and wealthy multi-national corporation resulting in Monsanto's interests having largely become international law. It isn't sheer coincidence that Donald Rumsfeld left his position as Monsanto CEO to become Secretary of Defense. The Iraq war was/is more than likely hugely profitable for Monsanto's daughter corporations. It's also THE gem in the crown as far as the Illuminati's collection of companies is concerned.
Monsanto is a power above the law simply because it's money legislates law by influencing.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They will claim that the products farmers use/grow are a health hazard and don't comply to some standard BS and then sue them based on that.

I hate how much corrupt stuff is going on in the world. only a few more years of enduring this then our minds are free. :-)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Stars and a flag from me. Multi-national Corporatism run amuck and it's absolutely disgusting. These types of companies are like drug dealers that get you, communities and governments to rely on petrochemical fertilizers and frankensteinian seed programs. Humanity can get along just fine without reliance on Monsantos products by farming in ways that are more in balance with the way ecosystems naturally function. Composting, cover crops and crop rotations are the way of the future.

The food revolution will have to come. It seems inevitable. These multinationals are hooked on the quick dollar but that has ended so it is time for their next move.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
This is from May of 2008, it discusses Monsanto's acquisition of DeRuiters seed co. and postulates what percentage MS had of various US vegatable seed suppl prior to this purchase.

Here is an excerpt:

In March Monsanto agreed to acquire Netherlands-based De Ruiter Seeds Group BV, which produces seeds for the greenhouse market, for $862.7 million plus debt. Monsanto did not disclose the amount of the debt included in the purchase price.

De Ruiter Seeds, which had global sales of about $170.6 million, works with crops such as tomatoes, cucumbers, melons, peppers and rootstock.

The move comes three years after Monsanto began aggressively moving into the vegetable seed arena with the $1.4 billion purchase in 2005 of California-based Seminis, which gave Monsanto control over more than 30 percent of the North American vegetable seed market, as well as more than 20 percent of the world’s tomato seed market and more than 30 percent of the global hot pepper seed market.

LINK

Monsanto has moved aggressively in the last 5 years to take over the global supply of various seedlines by purchasing seed-sellers all over the world.

The statistics, which I will go in search of again and post here when I find them, are staggering. If I remeber correctly at mid-summer of last year they had purchased 85% OF THE SEED SUPPLIERS IN THE ENITRE WORLD.

EDIT TO ADD:

Here is a link to the VEOH video site which shows the entire documenatry
The World According to Monsanto. For Full Length Documentary Click Here

This was aired in France last Spring and was initially pulled from both Google and YouTube as it started to go viral. It then came quitely back online a couple of months later.. after the inital furor had died down.

This is THE MOST COMPREHENSIVE RESOURCE FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE AND WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO DATE.

It also discusses the acquistion of Global Seed Co.'s as well.

A MUST SEE if you care about this topic at all.

Fight the good fight,
TWISI

[edit on 19-1-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Won't even matter soon - the corporatocracy is about to collapse. Their greed and avarice have caused them to push their agenda too hard, too fast. The blow-back will be monumental. People and society will probably recover somewhat quickly, however, it is the Earth that I worry about. Given the amount of damage done in the race for profits one has too wonder if it isn't too late.

Good find! S&F to the OP! Keep up the good work of getting the word out!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Monsanto have been screwing over honest farmers for decades now. Originally Monsanto plants were contaminating oh sorry, i mean cross-pollinating with non-Monsanto plants and if you didnt have a licence you would have Monsanto personnel coming into your fields, taking samples and leaving, next you would be fined or taken to court for not having a licence to grow Monsanto produce. Guess who sided with Monsanto?

Check out the criticism on wiki about them, everything from terminator genes in its seeds, dumping contaminates, to child labour.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have been warning people about hybrid seeds for over ten years now.
People need to buy heirloom seeds as soon as possible,before they are outlawed altogether.Heirloom seeds are "open pollinated" therefore the seeds can be saved for replanting.

This food monoply is not a joking matter.It's essentially a matter of life or death.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
If you put back heritage seeds and use them in your garden. You will be both preserving the seed lines and getting the better of the food crops .

If you grow some old stand byes like brandy wine or yellow pear tomato , or winter squash acorn squash the taste is far better than any you can buy .

It seems once the tomato has been cross breed for better shelf life and better shipping properties the taste diminishes greatly .

Many of the heritage tomatoes are fairly high in lycopen especially the ones like Cherokee purple or Russian purple .

The only store bought veggies we buy are lettuce (which does not grow well in hot climates ) and in the late winter early spring we might buy a few fresh tomatoes and it always reminds how good home grown veggies are .

I would encourage people to shop with the farmers market and pick heritage types out to eat and create a economic need for them in the market place . Once you get your taste of the older variates you will never want to go back to the bland Monsanto crap again .

That would be a true way to fight the Monsanto food monopoly that and trying to purchase food from non GMO sources and tell stores you want non GMO products .

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In other words, these guys who think they're above the law believe they own it all, all the minerals under your land, the seeds of life, your dna, the list goes on and on. Its TREASON, and you have the power to stop it. Collect your seeds, and refuse to participate. In law, it is a crime to participate in anothers crime, and this is TREASON and a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY, whether or not a judge fires the cannon of justice or misfires it, a crime is not committed when a judge says it is, its committed when the crime takes place, with or without witnesses.
Failure to understand the law does not make one less guilty, so in other words, if you declare the crime, you can't abide by their CRIMINAL RULES, and must resist to not be a criminal yourself. Do not allow them to win. If they or anyone shows up, perform a citizens arrest. Never give up.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by mystiq]

top topics

join