It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post UFO Disclosure ideas in the "Citizen's Briefing Book" to Barack Obama on change.gov!!!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by paddz420

Nope, it's still there.

Currently up to 3160 points.

citizensbriefingbook.change.gov...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
The President COULD do something to bring this about.
Executive Orders are becoming common place nowadays. If any President can feel persuaded ENOUGH to investigate the matter he would soon realize he is intentionally "out of the loop"... At which point he could simply declare himself IN THE LOOP.

Burns, I thought you had left your job as a disinfomationist? Just saying. You ARE giving this topic a defeatist attitude. Surely you know that every word of the paragraph above this one is true.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordThumbs
good morning earthlings.

SAVIOR COMPLEX and INFRAREDMAN

have you guys voted yet? i appreciate your input on disclosure and all, but with the attention that the ufo idea has been getting on the change.gov i would surely hope you at least voted up regardless of the differences here. hmmmm

I agree that nobody knows what disclosure will be like if and when it occurs. lets not go back and forth like our friends in the middle east over and over and over again. well, im not telling you what to do i just get a little weary when reading the posts. but i appreciate the good convo.

and im sure it wouldnt be the same without your input to 'balance' the thread a bit.

Hey LordThumbs!

The only reason I haven't answered your question is that I live in a different time zone and must sleep at some point

If I could vote I would. No doubt about it! However, I'm not an American citizen.

I'll clear something up if I didn't already make it plain. I'm not anti disclosure at all, in fact I'm all for it. All I'm saying is IMHO there have been better opportunities and candidates for disclosure in the past and yet, it hasn't happened.

Also, it's quite possible that disclosure may not be what we think it will be. That the answers we think we have in regards to the ET question may be entirely wrong. None of us know for sure and therefore, we should exercise a little bit of caution.

All I try to do is bring a little balance to the conversation. I grew tired of being disappointed in the past so I try not to set myself up for it by being overly hopeful. I take a few steps back and let it play out as it will without investing too much emotional energy into it.

It's my feeling (based on the past) that disclosure will happen when 'they' are ready - not us or your President for that matter. They will always find some way to discredit, delay or sweep it under the rug as the problem itself is no doubt broader than the United States alone. Hence a decision to disclose would be a unilateral one as opposed to the decision of any one person or government.

If this is the case, then it's going to be difficult! Getting people to agree on any one thing across borders is no mean feat. Remember, this is about the world, not the USA.

Of course, like anyone else in this thread I could be wrong but that's how I see things my friend.

IRM

Edit for Typo:

[edit on 14/1/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

An Executive Order might work. But Obama has to be willing to do it first. That might be a hard thing for him to do. I hope John Podesta is in his ear about this...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Very odd..................

When you type UFO into the search, the "UFO Disclosure" idea with 150+ comments isn't listed any more. I smell something fishy.

But it's still listed on like page 9 of the most popular ideas with 3,200 points. We've got a lot of work to do to get it in the top 5 pages.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

You know what will happen even if the president is persuaded to do something about this?

He will be distracted, attention thrown at something else, long enough for any persuasion to fade away, even if its for a little while, thats all it takes to start the chain of events to throw up "access denied". He will not be the first president to ever be denied the access, and no doubt wont be the last..

..unless the laws are changed!! I have repeated that for over 3 posts. An active disinformation agent would'nt be trying to point you all in the right direction.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
IMPORTANT!!!!!!

When I type "UFO" into the search, the "UFO Disclosure" idea with 178 comments doesn't show up in the 25 listings.

But when I type "UFO Disclosure" into the search, it shows up as one of the 25 ideas listed.

Odd........

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
looks like we are going to get the Coast to coast bump

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sweet they just read it on coast to coast!
Bet this bumps us up a lot.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

Did they refer to ATS at all? Or just the Obama website?

EDIT: Up to 4000 points now.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I called in to the show and got disconnected by the call screener guy and as soon as mentioned this site i got disconnected for some reason.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have to admit that I'm embarrassed by some people's comments. No wonder people who haven't looked into this subject think only kooks and nuts are interested in it.

PhyberDragon I understand your enthusiasm and even though I don't agree with most of what you're saying I have to respect your freedom to post all those things there, but really, do you think that's the place to 'educate' people on all those things? Some of your comments aren't even related to UFOs or disclosure...

Your posts are doing more harm than good, in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Well that was real handy wasnt it! Obviously C2C isnt going to give any kudos to ATS over the air to 20 million + listeners so those listeners know where the endeavor originated.

I say PFFT on C2C's call screener.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

All i said at first was I wanted to let everybody to know about other efforts going on to support the topic such as the you tube video and the discussion going on here. And he said to explain a little more and I said well a group of people on above top secret message boards have been working on this and then click nothing.

At least we got and important boost on the issue.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Has there ever been any "bad blood" between C2C and ATS in the past? If not maybe it was just a newbie call screener and they hit the wrong button??

Anyway like I was saying in the earlier pages of this thread, this really needs serious organization, so much as to be able to moderate those posts so that the ridicule and sillyness can be cut out. Someone posted that there are entries in there that are doing more harm than good.

Also consider this. A lot of the material found at youtube is on the fringe edge of the loony cliff anyway. Having that along for the ride is like trying to drag a 20 ton boat anchor by a tricycle. Credibility is at risk here with what is being utilized to get the word out. It would have been far better to have that promotion video hosted by an independant host than on youtube. But thats just my opinion.

Im sure there will be some more needed votes on that site for this even tho you didnt get on air. At least the endeavor itself got mentioned. Thats a step in the right direction!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Voted positive and left the following comment. Thank you ufo_reality.

The U.K. has started to release files concerning ufo's and France is doing the same. Their are piles of freedom of information documents clearly showing that the government, along with the three letter agency's claim that 'ufo's do not exist and the government has no knowledge concerning ufo's and extra terrestrials' is no longer acceptable to any conscious American.
Your promise and platform is based on change. That is all we are asking for.

Right the greatest wrong done to all the citizens of this planet, and give people the answer to the question of all questions. Are we alone?

I beseech you.

scuba_dude

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just went to the website and the points are adding up gang.

I used the word "extraterrestrial" in the search field and the topics sprang up. I voted up for all 25 topics.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
If I could vote I would. No doubt about it! However, I'm not an American citizen.

I'm not American either, I live in New Zealand but I still registered and voted. It's a world-wide issue

Come on IRM!

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Definitely a good thing for sure over 2,000 more points since they mentioned it and its still going up along with other topics on similar subjects. Also the guest speaker they had on about it who was promoting it said he was sending press releases to some news media outlets.

Link to his site: www.paradigmresearchgroup.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join