It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Regrets Immigration Reforms Weren't Approved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Bush Regrets Immigration Reforms Weren't Approved

newsmax.com

"I'm very disappointed that it didn't pass," he said in an interview with correspondents from his home state. "I'm very worried about the message that said, 'Republicans are anti-immigrant.'"

Bush said he wanted a comprehensive immigration plan "not for political standing or for Latinos, but because it was best for the country," the Houston Chronicle reported in its online edition Friday.

The outgoing president said that in hindsight he should have pushed his immigration proposal soon after the 2004 election, rather than after partisan squabbling over Social Security began.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yeah, such a shame that the Bush administration was not able to make the illegal immigration problem worse, and do more damage than is already being done.

But that is ok, because I get the feeling Obama will just open up all the borders and not care who is here anyway.

Well, at least Obama is now taking back those promises of freebies, that got him elected. I have no idea what the illegals will want with America now, if they can not just pop out kids for free welfare and citizenship.

newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I regret my country voting George W. Bush into two terms as President. I didn't vote for him so at least I don't have that regret.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The entire time Bush was in office, he seemed to completely ignore the illegal immigrant situation.... And they even stalled on the fence, when it was voted to be built.

He didn't even care to fix that loophole, that makes an illegal a citizen simply for coming over the border and popping out kids.

He knew the economy was hurting, far before the media even made it public knowledge. But still, he thought it was cool to let illegals come over here for the free welfare checks. Food stamps, medical... Why NOT come to the land of the 'free' for freebies?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Buy the hype. Illegal immigration hasn't been the problem. Ask the government what it does with the money that illegal immigrants don't claim from the taxes that they pay? Ask the government what it does with all that extra social security money it collects? They cry illegal just so that the average person will turns its anger from politicians to immigrants. I ask you who has done the most damage in the last year, the illegal immigrants or the trillions dollars your government has wasted. Don't worry, trillions more dollars left to be wasted. I'm sure the politicians will be crying illegals once they get ready to spend it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Don't worry, Obama will make sure to pass an amnesty even worse than the previous one... which legalised felons and allowed mexicans to bring all of their families legally.

You thought that 30 millions illegals was bad? Just wait for 60 or even 100 millions within 10 years.

... if the US doesn't implode before.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Why can't we just use the strickt and ridged process that my grandfather and greatgrandfather had to go through to get into this county and then became citizens so they could work in hard, and dirty jobs that my great grandfather had to do in the steel mill because he could only read english and not speak it. From which he made all his children to speak English only in the house so when they grow up they could get the better jobs in the Mill. (US Steel was big here in Youngstown, OH)

Now a days thing have English and Spanish printed on the label because they are too lazy to learn the language. So we make it easy for them. They also get free health care once they get here and they pay no taxes. Seven or eight may be using the same forged SSN. the immigration problem is out hanf and government would rather just make them citizens than to send them back to their home country so a citizen here can't even get a minimum wage job or a labor job because these illegals are better for employers because they don't have to pay insurance, workers comp, or health insurance in some companies.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
please!!!!!!!!!1

once the 1000's of illegals took to the streets in massive protests,,,it was dropped like an 8000 degree hot potato

however ,,,,i do give em credit,,, the protestors,,,,they got that issue dropped quick

and it angers me,,, us working americans,,,american families are to """""busy""""" with life to take a standm,,,,,which explains why we're constantly trampled on by big gov.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by shortywarn]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
The entire time Bush was in office, he seemed to completely ignore the illegal immigrant situation.... And they even stalled on the fence, when it was voted to be built.

He didn't even care to fix that loophole, that makes an illegal a citizen simply for coming over the border and popping out kids.

Food stamps, medical... Why NOT come to the land of the 'free' for freebies?

Rep. Pelosi and Sen. Reid have controlled the Congressional agenda for quite some time now. It is Congress that makes and enforces immigration laws, not the President. Congress controls the money for fences, welfare, medical and "freebies."

Did you know/wonder why Congress' approval ratings have been 10 to 20 points below the President's? Some people are paying attention to reality rather than MSM and sycophant pundits.

The Democratic/Progressive/Liberal- (have they come up with a new, touchy-feely name for themselves yet?)led Congress are completely responsible for the immigration and economic problems that are coming home to roost.

The President of hope and change will continue, at best, or aggravate at worst, these failed policies.

Look what you've done to our Country!

new topics

top topics

join