It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Testing Nasty Weapons in Gaza, claims Medic.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

You come across and put a mine in my road, and I'll hunt you down and I'll kill you.

Again, Israel was attacked first, and they responded.

And you're dead wrong! The UN was told, TOLD to get out, they were no longer needed, and this permitted the Egyptian Army to line up for the end of Israel.

Many hoped the UN would stay in place, but when you've got all these forces telling you to get off their land, you get off.

You have a highly skewered view of history.

Try sources other than the internet.

You'll be surprised just how much is out there.

I have three degrees already. How many more would you suggest?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I have three degrees already. How many more would you suggest?

And would these happen to be:

a degree of mendacity,
a degree of inveracity, and
a degree of prevarication?

[edit on 13/1/09 by Kailassa]

[edit on 13/1/09 by Kailassa]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well this is a first as I have been reading this, for I have been reading all the news in the Middle East and not once was this information ever mentioned.
And as I stated before Israel has a right to defend themselves from Hammas.
And besides Hammas has been using women and children as human-shields in this war of defense.
This is why Israel is fighting at night and not during the day.
And besides Israel is going after Terrorist Headquarters and Terrorist Bunkers, and hideouts.
This is why they dropped leaflets to let the Civilians know what their plans are.
Nothing has been done in secret here concerning Israel.
And unless the UN can come up with a excellent solution for handling Hammas, Israel is going to continue to bomb Gaza, and they are doing it in self-defense only. And of course Israel also believes that Hammas did this to divert them from making more inquiry into the serious Nuclear issue in Iran.
And just so everyone knows Gaza does formerly belong to Israel, as does Jerusalem, and of course the the various areas surrounding Israel.
The fact of the matter is between the 7th and 10th Century it was stolen by the Arahs, and than it was also stolen by the British in 1948.
The Palenstians have never owned the land in Israel or Jerusalem or the the surrounding areas around Israel, for it has always belonged to the Jews.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

Must we weaponize everything? I dont know. Maybe we do.to "protect" our way of life.
Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

on the contrary, i think its a very valid point..

if your american, you follow the constitution... i have been a part of a good few gun discussions here on ats and ive well and truely had the second amendment shoved down my throat. Now, that second amendment clearly states that , if needed, you can basicly all do what the palestinians do, yet, because their not american its not right, even though, strickly speaking, their following one of america's own rules (not directly i will add) to protect themselfs and fight for a free state ?

havent you got any actual arguments other than trying to belittle my postings with no actual substance...? Not really the way to get a point accross is it. I went to the trouble of doing a minor bit of reaserch to get my point accross, the least you can do is the same.. all you done their was open your mouth and state your view on me without actualy discusing teh subject matter.,

(i am with you on the ring though, i dont really get what that op meant)

also, i have to add to clear this up (not related to the op im replying to)

who the hell decided that hamas are using a "human shield"??

ISREAL ARE BOMBING TOWNS AND GAZA CITY, THEY LIVE THEIR, THEY ARE NOT HUMAN SHIELDS, THEY ARE LIVING IN THEIR OWN HOUSES LIKE NORMAL PEOPLE. WHICH DEFFINITELY IS NOT A HUMAN SHIELD.

saying that the people of gaza are a human shield is as stupid as saying the queen used the people of london as a human shield during the blitz on uk during world war 2.. (rest my case)

[edit on 14-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

[edit on 14-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

If you want to get into a pissing contest about qualifications,trust me,you'd lose.

And if you looked up General Mohammed Fawzy,Chief of Staff of the United Arab Republic as I suggested you would find that he sent a letter to the UN stating Egypt's intent.Meaning the presence of the UN was not a deterrent in this matter.

At 2200 hours, local time, on 16 May, Brigadier Eiz-El-Din Mokhtar handed to General Rikhye, the Commander of UNEF, the following letter:

"`For your information, I gave my instructions to all Armed Forces of the United Arab Republic to be ready for action against Israel the moment it might carry out any aggressive action against any Arab country. Due to these instructions our troops are already concentrated in Sinai on our eastern borders. For the sake of complete security of all UN troops which install observation posts along our borders, I request that you issue your orders to withdraw all these troops immediately. I have given my instructions to our Commander of the eastern zone concerning this subject. Inform back the fulfilment of this request.

domino.un.org...!OpenDocument

The above article goes on to say;

A request by the United Arab Republic authorities for a temporary withdrawal of UNEF from the armistice demarcation line and the international frontier, or from any parts of them, would be considered by the Secretary-General as tantamount to a request for the complete withdrawal of UNEF from Gaza and Sinai, since this would reduce UNEF to ineffectiveness.

Israel attacked their neighbours in 1964 and 1965,but you say they were attacked first in 1966 so its their neighbours who started it,not them.How exactly is that possible?

You do realize that the 1964 and 1965 come before 1966 don't you?

[edit on 14-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by DantesLost

"Israel attacked their neighbours in 1964 and 1965,but you say they were attacked first in 1966 so its their neighbours who started it,not them.How exactly is that possible?

You do realize that the 1964 and 1965 come before 1966 don't you? "

Don't you know - or have you forgotten?

In any case, let me remind you:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

hahahahaha sorry to have a chuckle in such a serious post, but that pic sums it up... basicly if isreal or their supporters say it, its true even if its a lie..

as i posted a page back, the isreals are using nazi disinfo techniques.. which i still cant get my head around.. they killed millions of jews, yet the supporters of teh jewish state are using the old nazi techniques.!?

my heads going to explode i think.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
reply to post by BlueRaja

Israel did not sign, so you are correct about it being a non-starter. As for the safe distances:

I am withholding information about safe distances as its disclosure would be likely to prejudice the capability, effectiveness or security of our forces.

- John Reid

However, none of that makes it right. Using WP on a densely populated city is just indiscriminate and wrong.

So in otherwords it's not really illegal. You just don't approve of it. Big distinction there with regard to Military necessity vs. legality.
It might be indiscriminate if there were clearly large numbers of non-combatants in the vicinity, but there's no such thing as zero collateral damage(with any kind of weapon), in urban warfare. The Laws of Warfare only stipulate that you take precautions to avoid unnecessary collateral damage, and that the force used isn't disproportionate to the military necessity. There is no prohibition against urban warfare, or collateral damage of any kind.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by jam321

how flawed is that argument ? .. your comparing things thats happened for 100's of years, with 2 completly sides, on the other side of the planet, with completly different sets of beliefs... Oh and thats ignoreing the fact that they dont have rockets to fire! .... im fairlyu sure they tried to fight back though,... where did all these cowboy vs indian storys come from ? thin air.

thats like comparing it to the the farmers Vs bunnys from watership down ..!

ive yet to hear a good excuse that does not involve the palestinian people defending themselfs from a tyranous country. that doesnt bring up them trying to free their own country...

let me ask any american this, as you all have the laws in place and many people with the beliefs of taking arms ect..

if canada took over america, and claimed it, and had much bigger armys, super hi tech weapons, and all you had was your millita groups and a few rockets... what would you do do claim your country back ?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by boaby_phet]

I wouldn't kill Canadian civilians for starters. Secondly, that's a poor analogy of the situation in Israel.

just a few tidbits to consider for purposes of perspective
-Israel was the historic home of the Jews
-Palestinians were offered land for their own state, but refused
-After the holocaust, there was a moral obligation to restore a Jewish homeland
-The Arabs sided with the Nazis- the Nazis lost. They bet on the wrong horse.
-

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

yet another half assed post..

no-one is argueing that isreal doesnt belong to isreal?.. the discusion is about palestine.

noone got any actual facts to read ? preferable more than 8 sentances of lame info-bites.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

yet another half assed post..

no-one is argueing that isreal doesnt belong to isreal?.. the discusion is about palestine.

noone got any actual facts to read ? preferable more than 8 sentances of lame info-bites.

The discussion is about Israel responding to terrorist rocket attacks.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
It might be indiscriminate if there were clearly large numbers of non-combatants in the vicinity

Let me give you a single fact that should make things clear to you:

In the current invasion, over one in three (1/3) deaths are children.

If you want to talk legalities, then the IDF has allegedly broken several which is why the UN is now investigating as we speak. WP has been used as a weapon rather than cover: if you have been watching the live cam you would notice that WP was and is used intensively when there are no IDF troops in the area... when the door to door assault began only flares have been used.

I have witnessed this with my own eyes, I am not pro or anti any political party or state in the ME - I am pro innocent civilian and the facts of the matter at the moment are the IDF have been lying, spreading misinformation, targeting civilians, using disproportionate force and chemical weapons. It's the truth, some might not like it - that would be their problem - please bear in mind I am not accusing Israel of being the only wrongdoer however. Which brings me to:

And besides Israel is going after Terrorist Headquarters and Terrorist Bunkers, and hideouts.

Today on both the BBC and Al-Jazeera news it has come to light that the IDF has claimed one of the hospitals in Gaza is a Hamas stronghold. Aid workers, the RC, doctors, nurses and local media all deny this is the case and have said they wouldn't be there if it had even an ounce of truth. I am expecting to hear of an IDF airstrike on this building within the next few days which will then be followed by a statement that reads along these lines, "We have only targeted Hamas strongholds, not civilians."

Also Israel is currently blocking most of the aid trucks attempting to enter the strip. At the moment roughly 50 trucks get in, the UN have stated that to maintain the situation as it is right now there needs to be almost 500 going in and out daily. That is just to maintain, there are already people dying from lack of sanitation and medical care - the hospitals have little or no supplies let alone food. If things are allowed to continue as they are we may just see one of the worst humanitarian disasters of recent years.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Exuberant1

Another good post.

And,yes,I did forget myself for a moment.lol.

BlueRaja

Israel was the historic home of the Jews

It is also the home of Arabs,Palestinians,Greeks,Persians,Egyptians etc etc.How far back in time do you wanna go?

Palestinians were offered land for their own state, but refused

Because the original agreements had been broken.What was once promised to be theirs alone,had been changed to allow the settling of millions of people,who's ancestors hadn't lived in the area for centuries.

After the holocaust, there was a moral obligation to restore a Jewish homeland

Why?

The Arabs sided with the Nazis- the Nazis lost. They bet on the wrong horse.

Correction.
Some Arabs sided with the Nazi's,not all of them.
Don't make such sweeping generalizations.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
STOP BLAMING ISRAEL!!!!

This is not a religious or ideologic war!!

Israel has a right to defend themselves!! The other side of the storty always starts with the Palistians lobbing rockets into Israel. When Isreal retaliates, everyone is up in arms about it. Read more on this story and how it gets slanted at www.honestreporting.com...

Israel did not create or develope this new explosive either! And it has not been deamed illegal for use!

I am sick of hearing people condemning Israel for everything that happens in the Middle East.

I am beginning to see that this web-site is falling into the same category as the mainstream media. They are not checking the story and I would be VERY CAREFUL about 'cursing' Israel.

Yahuah, the Elohim of Israel, said that He would bless those who bless Israel and curse those who curse Israel. That is still very much true today. ESPECIALLY TODAY!!

If you are not Yisra'el, you will not be 'saved' Romans 10 & 11. We are to be 'grafted' into Yisra'el not jews into christianity.

No, I am NOT a jew! But I am Yisra'el!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MerlinFields

Oh look,another new member come to tow the line of the Israeli government.

Please try reading through all the post before replying.The points you bring up have been mentioned on more than one occasion.

Just for you though I'll repeat one important point,seen as you brought up the Bible.

The Hebrews were allowed the Promised Land on one condition:they kept Gods laws and commandments.If they fail to do this then they will be punished.

The Bible mentions this quite clearly,and many chapters are spent on the sins that the people had committed and the punishment they recieved,like being defeated in battle and being exiled.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by DantesLost]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

www.honestreporting.com... is an Israeli propaganda site/operation sponsored by their foreign ministry. Hardly honest or unbiased.

The rest of your post is just garbage if I'm very frank and it's clear that you have an agenda.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Well Since you're sick of hearing It... I'll type it so you can just read it...
I am condemning Israel for everything that happens in the Middle East.
I am ALSO condeming the world for letting it happen...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This is hilarious. All this anti-Israeli bitching, all this anti-Israeli complaining.

I see this after football games from the losers. Every single losing team is bitching about the referees or the unfair advantages. And yet, they often don't take the time to realize that their team never had a chance to begin with!

From all the attacks I've had from Jew haters and Israel haters, I can only imagine what the Jews and Israelis have had to endure for, I suppose, millennia.

Losers always complain. Never their fault. Whine, bitch, moan, and even wet themselves because their side can't win.

Maybe on another thread, we can have a Pity Party!

Now that the Israelis are in their own land, they will never, ever again be kicked out. No matter how much you hate them, no matter what force you bring against them, the Israelis are home to stay.

Get angry, call them Zionists, call them genocidal maniacs, call them interlopers, call them bullies. Names don't bother these people. Not when you know you're right. Like me, they generally laugh at the name-calling and complaints!

You want to fight the Israelis? Better pack a lunch.

The combined forces of Arabs and Persians couldn't defeat them.

So were I you, I would continue my whining, because that's about all that remains to do.

Except the crying.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join