It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Testing Nasty Weapons in Gaza, claims Medic.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Israel Testing Nasty Weapons in Gaza, claims Medic.

www.news.com.au

The two medics, who were sent into the war zone by the pro-Palestinian aid organisation NORWAC on December 31, said they had seen clear signs that Dense Inert Metal Explosives (DIME), an experimental kind of explosive, were being used in Gaza.

"This is a new generation of very powerful small explosives that detonates with an extreme power and dissipates its power within a range of five to 10 metres," Mr Gilbert, 61, said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.hartford-hwp.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Descent Into The Inferno

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Once again stories are surfacing of questionable methods being used by Israel in its war against the Gazans. In 2006 there were stories of unusual cluster bombs that burned their targets and left behind a translucent or plastic shapnel. Accusations of DIME weapons being used go back to the 2006 war in Gaza and Lebanon.

DIME is an LCD (”low collateral damage”) weapon developed at the US Air Force Research Laboratory. Publicly, it is slated for initial deployment in 2008. DIME bombs produce an unusually powerful blast within a relatively small area, spraying a superheated “micro-shrapnel” of powdered Heavy Metal Tungsten Alloy (HMTA). Scientific studies have found that HMTA is chemically toxic, damages the immune system, rapidly causes cancer, and attacks DNA (genotoxic).(4-11)

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well first off any new explosive is still an explosive!
”low collateral damage” or not it's intended to kill and it seems to do that and more if anybody is within the blast radius they are going to get killed or maimed

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nice find, that's horrific but unsurprising considering the IDF's track record. Couple that with the blatant use of white phosphorous so many times I've lot count in densely populated areas today and you can see how barbaric and inhumane this invasion is.

What can we do?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Strong suspicions is not evidence.

I wonder what kind of expertise these medics have in identifying explosives.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Problem is the use of any Novel technology in this,an ideological/religious war,allows the same to be used back atcha,turnabout being fair play after all.Gets ugly fast when it's thought symbolically,If carcinogenic and mutogenic is fair at you,then another,worse cancerous and mutogenic technology might come back like a big nuclear chicken to roost.Wonder how many of those got into the other side's potential sympathisers(More sympathy and price falls)clutches after Valerie Plame was outed by Cheney and his sock puppet regime,since that was exactly her field of covert activity.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If this is true, then Israel is using them- not testing them.

Testing wouldn't be hurting anyone, it would be done in the middle of nowhere or underground.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I think this is not really all that new. The USAF or USN used in Iraq I beleive a what basically amounted to an underfilled paveway IV bomb and they had a thin case as opposed to a thick one. The case on most bombs are thick to create more damage. This one would have only local effects.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
In addition to the cancer causing DIME they're also using WP(white phosphoros) and most disturbingly, UD rounds, which are going to cause cancer, and abnormal babies for years to come in the whole region. Anyone even passing through the area will be affected, this can be observed in urine samples which check for radiation.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well, they are not going in there to spank them. This is war. They are going in there to kill them. Sounds like this is a more expediant way to do that. So, why are we surprised? It does sound like some pretty nasty stuff, I wont disagree there.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I guess we're surprised because most of the weapons being used by Israel are outlawed by the Geneva convention.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Most of the weapons? Meaning the WP bombs - when they are used incorrectly? Or are there more I just havent heard of yet?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by mrsdudara]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Yeah cluster bombs.

But I suppose using two (reported) weapons banned by international law isn't too naughty.

Those scampish rogues Israel using illegal weapons again.

Oh and incorrect use of WP isn't like, doing something arcane with the canister, it's just basically using it within x amount of feet from civillians. Basically you cant use them in a city at all, totally illegal. But of course Israel has denied using them even though there is proof of it being used. Just like how America denied using WP in Iraq and then admitted it once pictures of the corpses got into the media.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Lazyninja]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Beelzebubba

We all know there'll be plenty of people on these boards ripping this statement to shreds, calling them and us "Hamas supporters", while refusing to accept the widespread proven statements of Israel committing war crimes.

They can't help it.

They have little defense but to ridicule and try to refute every claim, proven or otherwise. The only way they manage to sleep at night is by actually believing that the IDF and Israel are acting in the "defense of the Israeli people", and anything that makes them question this belief is a threat to them.

No evidence, no discussion, no international condemnation will prove to them that they are wrong. Why? Because that would force them to accept that they have been defending a monster. And that they were wrong all along.

This report doesn't surprise me. I'll wait until I see clear evidence, but nothing Israel and the IDF do surprises me anymore.

I actually used to support Israel. I used to accept that they were suffering and had a right to defend themselves.
That was before I woke up and saw Israel for what it really is. I discovered the truth through free information and substantiated evidence rather than propaganda. And I was horrified at what I saw, and currently see.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
They're just following the US's "bully justice" apparently. Those home-made rockets really need to be countered the way Israel's doing it huh? Sounds like a fair fight doesn't it? *Sarcasm alert* Give me a break, the Russians where doing less then we gave the Taliban guns and rockets to fight them, so what's the difference now? Oh wait that's right, we aided both sides and now are screwed...

Here's Ron Paul talking about just that:

Oh btw, those who say "it's war, so whatever, blahblahblah"

Go fight in it then. Or maybe you'd have a different opinion if it was your son, daughter, niece, brother, sister, mother, father who's just got their legs cut of and are now going to die from it.

So what is everyone who supports this kind of action saying? Anything short of a full nuclear & full on biological exchange is okay? stu-pid!

I wouldn't be surprised if they where also using "depleted Uranium slugs".... FACT: fully depleted uranium is LEAD. So whatever they're firing is lead mixed with still radioactive elements(it's more dense, hence the armor piercing properties) it's just not strong enough to be used as fuel anymore...great way to get rid of waste without the environmentalists on your ass huh?!

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I guess we're surprised because most of the weapons being used by Israel are outlawed by the Geneva convention.

Not to mention the "them" appears to be an AWEFUL lot of civilians. I can't even count the amount of kids bloodied, battered and dead I have seen in pics recently.

But I'm sure I will be chastised shortly for not gulping down my gallon of "they're all hamas" koolaid, and cheering on the slaughter of those ferocious 8 year olds.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's a "Pro PLO organization"
That discredits the whole piece right there.

Other than that who cares if they did use a higher yield explosive, dead is dead. I'm sure if HAMAS could get their hands on some it would be strapped around the waists of little boys and girls.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
But they haven't. And I can't recall the last Hamas strike that killed over 500, let alone by air with clusters reportedly...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They've launched around 800 rockets into Isreal in '08. Because their technology sucks and the death toll was low you are justifying it?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

White Phosphorous and cluster bombs? Is that your claim?

Show me where they've been used in the urban areas of Gaza against civilians.

Cluster bombs are fantastic area weapons in open country, but hardly worth a damn in an urban environment. HE is much more effective, and especially with delayed fusing.

White phosphorous artillery rounds exist, I suppose bombs exist, grenades exist, as are countermeasures for SAMS, and of course illumination rounds.

You show me one White Phosphorous bomb used in Gaza.

Do your homework, and for God's sake, do not mistake a WP countermeasure usage by an aircraft.

You do know the difference, don't you?

Show me!

And even if you show me, which you can't - it doesn't matter. It is all legal to use. Inefficient as hell in an urban environment, but legal.

Smoke that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join