It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel feels hurt by global condemnation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Now Israel is firing white phosphorus into Gaza!! What is with these psychopathic killers? I can't believe there is not more outcry all over the news about this (instead of this stupid 'Joe the Plumber' idiot over there).

[edit on 12-1-2009 by whatsup]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
And when it isn't, it's those of Irish descent.
I love the Irish, but I swear, when we have a group of Irish travelers arriving in an area, we know to step up patrols and expect breaks. I wish it weren't true, and I am not stating this to cause problems, but it's a fact. When they are in the area, crime rates rocket. I couldn't give a rats ass about how Israel feels.[edit on 12-1-2009 by detachedindividual]

First of all, don't think I'm attacking you because of your generalization - most sterotypes are accurate whether people want to admit it or not. So please indulge me - What type of crimes are the "Irish travelers" generally guilty of? Again, I'm not offended - I'm just curious.

Before I get bumped for being off topic, bear with me because my response will most likely be on-topic.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
After a few moments with myself... I came to the very general question:

Why are we taking on others' problems when we can't even fix our own?

We are basically disqualified from taking sides because the current depression is ripping everyone apart and we come to this war which breaks everyone socially and politically.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
what about all the innocent children and families that have been slaughtered by israel in the past days.

they are more than hurt im afraid.

no sympathy from me thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

what about all the innocent children and families that have been slaughtered by israel in the past days.

Are you sure Israel is to blame for all of the deaths the last few days? Bullets and explosives have no names and I am sure both sides are using them.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I am so tired of the "poor me: attitude in the world today. Thats all I can say. Just pathetic.

That's easy to say when you live in Portland.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
So, you are at your house one evening... relaxing, watching your favorite program, having some lasagna or whatever you might want to eat.

Maybe you're having popcorn and watching a rental or a download.

Suddenly, some guy in a suit walks into your house, just opens up the door and walks in. He tells you you have to leave. You give him a look like he's crazy because, well, he obviously is and you tell him to GTFO of your house.

Instead, he stands there as twelve other guys with Assault rifles and military uniforms come into your open door and start roughing you and the missus up, tossing you both out on the lawn. Then they bring in about twenty people who they put up in your house and tell you that you can't come back into the house for anything, that the house now belongs to these twenty people.

So you're sitting there, soggy in your pajamas, and are going WTF just happened? You discuss it with your Wife and you both decide you aren't going to put up with this, your wife managed to get her Cell phone, so she makes a call to the police while you go to talk some sense to these Crazy people.

So you knock on your door, and you are angry with the loonies who've taken over your house. You invectively lay into the guy that answers... and then four of the armed guys pistol whip you, drag you and your wife across the street and throw you into a trash pile. They tell you you aren't even allowed on the Lawn anymore.

The Police Arrive. You explain the situation to them, and they write down your testimony, all the while nodding. You are certain that they'll understand how ludicrous this all is and do something about the trouble.

Then the Police explain that the twenty people who got moved into your house have suffered incredible hardship, and that they've all been... let's say Sexually abused, so that the Police are actually the ones who have decided your house is going to be where all these people can now live.

So, perhaps you try to understand and you see if maybe you can go and crash at the neighbors for a week or two before getting everything sorted.

Only thing is, those crazy armed people who are in the house with those other guys have called all your neighbors and told them how selfish and horrible you've treated these 20 abused folks, and how you didn't even want them in your house.

So none of your neighbors will bunk you. After a while, you are starving, you have to drink out of the same hose you bathe in, and you and your lovely wife have both been fired.

So your Wife, she loses it. She goes all kinds of bonkers and starts throwing things at the Door of the house... the mailbox, rocks through the windows, her shoes... and so a guy steps out onto the stoop and shoots her in the head.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by k-string

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I am so tired of the "poor me: attitude in the world today. Thats all I can say. Just pathetic.

That's easy to say when you live in Portland.

Huh?! Don't tell me you are one of those Hasbara stalkers.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
So, you are at your house one evening... relaxing, watching your favorite program, having some lasagna or whatever you might want to eat.

Maybe you're having popcorn and watching a rental or a download.

Suddenly, a missile falls through the back of your house into the bedroom where your two children are fast asleep. There are no people there to explain to you what your children did to deserve this. You can only assume it's because they were "in range". In the meantime there are people dancing in the streets a few miles away because they have hit "a target".

If yo are so oppressed that you need to resort to random missile launches, why not look to the West Bank and wonder why they aren't experiencing the same prolems? Then try to emulate them?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by fnIrish]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

Wow, talk about hitting the nail on the head. The Truth!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnIrish
Suddenly, a missile falls through the back of your house into the bedroom where your two children are fast asleep. There are no people there to explain to you what your children did to deserve this.

Believe me, it happened to me some 16 years ago.

And, yes, there ARE (sadly) people there to explain what your children did to deserve this.

Clergy.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Same crap, different thread.
Once again people can manage to sit in their comfortable, air conditioned rooms and spew out opinions through their keyboards, so detached from reality.

I've been told my posts in the past few days have been too 'pro-palestinian' because I don't mention the crimes Hamas has committed.

Let me say again, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HAMAS OR ISRAEL HAS DONE IN THE PAST.

What matters now, RIGHT NOW, is that countless men, women and children are dying... for what? So Israel can act tough like is big brother, America? To purge the world of more terrorists, real or imaginary?

I don't care whether they are black, white or yellow; Arab, Caucasian or Semitic; Christian, Muslim or Jew. INNOCENT CIVILIANS ARE DYING.

Whether the weapons fired that kill them are from Israeli soldiers or Hamas militants, it DOES NOT MATTER. What matters is securing the safety of the thousands of people still stranded in the warzone.

How can you all sit here on your computers are arguing about 'jew-haters' and 'zionists'? Who really gives a flying ****. Is it more important to save the lives of these people by fighting against the war (who cares who is in the right) or by trying to propagandize the masses to your own way of thinking?

/Rant.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5thElement

Originally posted by fnIrish
Suddenly, a missile falls through the back of your house into the bedroom where your two children are fast asleep. There are no people there to explain to you what your children did to deserve this.

Believe me, it happened to me some 16 years ago.

And, yes, there ARE (sadly) people there to explain what your children did to deserve this.

Clergy.

I am truley sorry that you had to experience such a horrible situation. I hope that the actions the Israeli government is taking will help to end such meaningless violence. Hamas deserves everything they bring upon themselves. God help those unfortunate enough to be in their presence when Hamas gets theirs. No doubt the Palestinian people would like to take back the misguided votes they made that put Hamas in charge of their destinies.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Foof, you hit it on the nail. Unfortunately, the UN doesn't see it that way. During all this time, how many times has the UN tried to get the civilians out of harm way? What other country has tried to get the innocent out of harms way? Not a one. Even Egypt won't open its border to allow the innocent to seek refuge.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sadly, it is too late to do much now anyway. I have to concede that much.

Israel has Gaza City sewn up tight, as can be seen in the live feed.

The UN is about as effective as a 1 man protest, it really does nothing to help the world's problems.

All I can hope for, and I hope many others share this view, is that enough pressure is put on Israel to stop the bloodshed before more innocents are hurt and killed.

I don't mind Israel wanting to get Hamas, I can empathize with that much, but what I do mind is them bulldozing their way through the civilian population to do it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
? What other country has tried to get the innocent out of harms way? Not a one. Even Egypt won't open its border to allow the innocent to seek refuge.

Could it be because the evil disguise themselves to be the innocent? How many times wuold you allow a friendly stranger into your home after he beats and robs you?

Once. After that, he approaches at his own risk.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
Narcissism and delusional behaviour. When a nation embarks on a war the authorities know they are doing a terrible thing even if they have propagandised the masses with war war. Israel is different, even the leadership is psychopathic.

I disagree that the Israeli military undertaking has anything to do with problems that are related to individuals like narcissism or delusion. We are watching a brutal public beating that is designed to deliver several messages and dominate resources. Clearly Israel is not alone in this.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha_MagnumClearly Israel is not alone in this.

Israel doesn't do anything without the "permission" of the US

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
1 - That's an ISLAMIC paper and the title of their article is WRONG.

At no point in the article does Israel say they are 'hurt by global condemnation'. No where.

2 - All the ignorant and error filled anti-Israel threads like this are going to get ATS listed by the ADL as a 'hate site' .. and that's something that is very difficult for a site to shake off.

What kind of BS co-dependent manipulative outburst was that?

The ADL? WHO GIVES A RATS BACKSIDE?

Free Speech is Free Speech!

Don't Invade a territory if you can't take criticism! Simple as that.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

The first thing any graduate of journalism learns is not to trust only one source or side of information.

Well, then, I guess a lot of the MSM journalists didn't graduate, if you look at their obvious bias towards Obama during the Presidential campaign coverage. How about MSNBC? Are any of their people real journalists-you know, like that bastion of unbiased coverage- Keith Olbermann, or Chris Mathhews, who said he felt a tingle in his pants every time he listened to Obama?
As to the question of Israel feeling that the coverage has been biased against them, actually, I have seen both sides condemned by the press. Furthermore, when one superior force kills over 900 people, with most of them being civilians, by UN count, and that force only suffers 6 non-friendly fire deaths, you have to wonder if the criticism is not deserved.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by ProfEmeritus]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join