It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel feels hurt by global condemnation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MrVertigo

Quite right, I am troubled by killings. It's too much and there aren't any Palestinian voices here and on other forums but a bucket load of pro-Israelis milking other people's prejudices.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Well your analogy is close, but try putting the big guns in the hand of the robbers & making the Palestinians the robbed guy.

Then you're getting warmer

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Edit: redundant.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Right...quoting unverified spin from an Iranian newspaper is really helpful

Saying to anyone who criticizes the hamas that they are pulling the "anti-semite" and "holocaust" card, as masonwatcher just did, is also really honest, isnt it?

You people are too easy to impress.

Dear lord! Is your short term memory so selective?

MASONWATCHER criticized ISRAEL and YOU called HIM an anti-Semite.

Go back a few pages. It's all there.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Not everyone who criticizes Israel is an "anti-semite" (better word: jew-hater). But some people most obviously are.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by 04326
i would like to point out, that most of the ats members calling for a ceasefire and demanding Israel be tried for war crimes are not ignoring the hamas issue.

You sure do like to speak for other people here at ATS.

I myself, think it's time for hamas and it's supporters to be erased from the planet.
I hold hamas responsible for any and all civilian deaths.

I would expect nothing else from a country that's tried to come to terms with the other side, but yet is repeatedly bombed by rockets, and buses full of Israeli women and children blasted away by suicidal idiots.

This is war!
I wish them a great success.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Not everyone who criticizes Israel is an "anti-semite" (better word: jew-hater). But some people most obviously are.

Ok, to quote your first post:

In your last 100 threads you've made it abundantly clear that you think Israelis and Jews are generally evil.

So you obviously feel that Masonwatcher is a "jew-hater."

Based on what?

The fact that he is openly critical of the genocide being committed by the Israeli government?

I have read many of his threads & nothing he has said has indicated to me that he feels that "jews are generally evil."

But why not point us to some of of his "jew-hating" rhetoric.

According to you there should be more than enough to chose from.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Not even close. The ceasefire was allowed to expire by Hamas. They sent rockets across the border for a week, with Israel giving clear warnings, before Israel counterattacked.

The concept of reciprocation does not enter into warfare. If you have larger, greater weapons, you use what you have. You can believe that your enemy will do the same.

Militarily speaking, casualty ratios should hopefully always be one-sided.

Significant casualty ratios indicate great success. Not an excuse for third party criticism.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Maybe or maybe not a Jew-hater.
Definitely an Israeli-hater.

Also, just to note, there is way more anti-Israeli sentiment on here than pro-Israeli sentiment. We can do a survey if you'd like. The number of anti-Israeli threads to pro-Israeli threads is huge, but maybe that's because of a few specific members.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

The math is simple: ALL threads on the topic are anti-israeli or anti-jewish.

That means we are not dealing with journalism or truth here, but with an agenda.

Whether this goes as far as "jew-hating" I will not judge. But its certainly not "truthful reporting".

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Im surprised. ATSers ought to be able to smell agenda.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Not even close. The ceasefire was allowed to expire by Hamas. They sent rockets across the border for a week, with Israel giving clear warnings, before Israel counterattacked.

Actually, Hamas allowed the ceasefire to expire because Israel refused to
lift the murderous economical embargo they have put on Gaza. An embargo
that has already caused thousands of muslims to starve to death.

The conflict started when Jews stole the land from the muslims, and called
it Israel, and the conflict increased when Israel placed an inhumane embargo
on the people of Gaza.. I don't see how blame can be put anywhere but with
Israel. They started the conflict through theft of land, and continued it by
willingly causing thousands of people to starve to death.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

To inform people means to post two sides of a story.

Since when?

when did it become mandatory to present both sides of any given issue with complete neutrality when posting on an internet forum?

To inform is to impart information regarding a fact, to make something known, to supply information. That's exactly what the OP is doing.

The other sides come in during the discussion part of the thread. That's how internet discussion boards work. That's the point.

In this case - the "other side" of the story is everywhere. The MSM is full of it. Anyone clicking on this thread is fully aware of the "other side", unless they've had the fortune to be living in a cave for the last 60 years or so. It's common knowledge.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

The math is simple: ALL threads on the topic are anti-israeli or anti-jewish.

That means we are not dealing with journalism or truth here, but with an agenda.

Truth?
I've noticed a bunch of these characters here don't want to know the truth, don't want to hear the truth, and they ignore the truth. The agenda seems to be preaching their hate of Israel, and the Jewish people to anyone who will listen.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
In this case - the "other side" of the story is everywhere. The MSM is full of it. Anyone clicking on this thread is fully aware of the "other side", unless they've had the fortune to be living in a cave for the last 60 years or so. It's common knowledge.

Of course. I was only replying to the claim of this lopsided BS being "the truth".

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Good point. In effect the zionists are demanding that you neutralise your own opinion. You hit the nail on the head. Funny how an upside down mentality insinuates itself and you don't even notice. I tell you, these zionists have been taking classes in sophistry.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right...quoting unverified spin from an Iranian newspaper is really helpful

Saying to anyone who criticizes the hamas that they are pulling the "anti-semite" and "holocaust" card, as masonwatcher just did, is also really honest, isnt it?

You people are too easy to impress.

Please dear Lucid Eyes, feel free to provide news from opposite side of this theater going on in Gaza. I think it will be a bit hard since israel has closed for all entrance for the world press in Gaza.

I must admit that i believe you are anti-semite in some form, this link shows where i was convinced.

This post

best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Loke.

I can be critical of Jews too, despite hints that I am "pro-Israeli" or "a zionist".

Its about seeing both sides of an issue.

But some dudes...the moment you disagree with them, they call you a "zionist".

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by masonwatcher
reply to post by vox2442

Good point. In effect the zionists are demanding that you neutralise your own opinion. You hit the nail on the head. Funny how an upside down mentality insinuates itself and you don't even notice. I tell you, these zionists have been taking classes in sophistry.

It's nothing new.

Every time this issue heats up, it gets played out the same way, on all fronts. Letters to the editor demanding that every story about an Israeli action be balanced with references to past Palestinian actions. Demands at the UN that potential censures to Israel be balanced with accompanying censures of the Palestinian government of the day. The constant back and forth on internet forums. Over the past few years, it's become second nature. We expect to see it.

Do people demand this watering down of statements when talking about Darfur or Zimbabwe? I've never heard anyone do that.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrVertigo

I am absolutely flabbergasted at how you interpret criticism of the state of Israel as stating that "jews are generally evil."

Seriously! You have every right to disagree with Masonwatchers threads, but you must realize that, more than anything you just proved his point.

Creating one thread after another on how evil jews are, without ever seeing bad in the "other side" is not criticism, but propaganda.

- Israel has so far killed 920 palestinians, 295 are CHILDREN, and 100 women..

- Israel is using white phosphorus against civilians.. this stuff scatters over large areas and burns until deprived of oxygen or until it's fully consumed..

- Israel stopped the the UN operated (UNRWA) organization from delivering medical aid and basic nessecities to the palestinians.

- What Israel calls the "Israeli Defense Forces" are shooting UN medics, medics working for the International Red Cross" and targets ambulances in the streets.

- Israeli forces decieved 110 women and children by taking them to "a safe place" in one of the buildings' basements.. The F-16's bombed the building killing 30 (confirmed) and more bodies are expected to be found once the attacks stop..

- Israel is ignoring the security council's orders for immediate halt of attacks.

- Israel is ignoring the UN's demands to stop chemical weapon testing on the palestinians.

- Israel doesn't seem to care about the UN's investigation team regarding the use of chemical weapons..

I could go on and on, my fingers will rott if I were to list Israel's inhumane behaviour... but in the end, FACTS ARE NOT PROPAGANDA...

Edit: spacing

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Talsam]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join