It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel feels hurt by global condemnation

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
WHEN ARE THESE IDIOTS GOING TO REALIZE THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ANTI-SEMITIC TO BE AGAINST A FOREIGN POLICY???

This has nothing to do with being a Jew or a Muslim.....

They are killing children.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

I wonder how Bush talked Hamas into letting the ceasefire expire?

he didn't, hamas let it expire because Israel didn't hold up their side of the bargain. this has been said a million times yet you seem to not acknowledge it.

Then I wonder how Bush convinced Hamas to keep firing rockets for an entire frikkin week as Israel repeatedly warned Hamas to stop?

He didn't have to, Hamas started firing rockets after Israel attacked on Nov. 4th, yet you seem to not acknowledge this either.

That George Bush! A genuine, frikkin genius! Only a superior mind with great instinct and foresight could have planned that!

untrue, George Bush is not a frikkin genius.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
A Semite is a person, regardless of religion, who originate from that area. That includes Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese as well as (some) Israelis.

So since when did anti-semitic become a synonym to anti-Israelic? Going by the textbook definition, it seems to me that the Israelis are more anti-semitic than anybody else as they seem fully intent on making all the other groups of people in the area extinct.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Jewish british zionist law maker speeks with lucidity

[edit on 17-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
Jewish british zionist law maker speeks with lucidity

[edit on 17-1-2009 by HulaAnglers]

*Standing Ovation*

I'm speechless. That was brilliant.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So, the fact that Israel is killing people has escaped you
?

You wouldn't be jewish by chance would you?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
WOW...I don't even know where to start with this. But I'll try starting here. I admit that I don't know a whole lot about Israel and their troubles, but some of the arguments I read here aren't making sense to me. If I'm wrong...please educate me.

1. Israel has a bigger military. However, Hamas and the other terrorist organizations continue stabbing Israel with a knife. Why shouldn't they crush them? And as far as "innocent" people go...don't these "innocents" elect and support Hamas..and their actions? Heck...sometimes they even kill themselves to kill Israelis.

2. Does anyone truly believe for a minute that Hamas DOESN'T want civilian deaths and destruction? Isn't this exactly what Hamas wants...pity, publicity and therefore...support?

3. What the heck is Palestine? I can't seem to find such a place on any map. I have, however, seen a Palestine drawn OVER Israel on a map by children (and teachers) at Muslim schools. Isn't this simply the desire of a people calling themselves Palestine wanting to overtake (even through destruction) Israel?

Like I said...educate me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeAreAWAKE
1. Israel has a bigger military. However, Hamas and the other terrorist organizations continue stabbing Israel with a knife. Why shouldn't they crush them? And as far as "innocent" people go...don't these "innocents" elect and support Hamas..and their actions?

Yes. Just as much as all Americans elected and supported G.W. Bush... and his actions.

(edited spelling error)

[edit on 18/1/2009 by moniker]

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

3. What the heck is Palestine? I can't seem to find such a place on any map. I have, however, seen a Palestine drawn OVER Israel on a map by children (and teachers) at Muslim schools. Isn't this simply the desire of a people calling themselves Palestine wanting to overtake (even through destruction) Israel?

You have it somewhat, but not entirely, backwards. Palestine is a piece of land, much like North America is a piece of land. It's not a country. Palestine has been there for ages. The League of Nations and later the UN decided, without asking too much, to split Palestine in two and to give one of the pieces to the Zionists to create the brand new country of Israel. The other countries from whom that land was taken didn't quite agree (as they hadn't been asked) and so all the wars started. Later, Israel wasn't satisfied with the size of the piece of land they had been given so they decided to have some more. Thus more wars, the expansion of Israel to the Gaza strip and to the West Bank with all the Israeli settlements there.

So no, it's not like some people has decided to call themselves Palestines and are trying to overtake Israel. It's more like they try to protect what they strongly feel has been theirs for ages and want Israel to stay on the piece of land they were originally given.

However the Israelis see if somewhat differently. The Land of Israel (again, not a country per se) is central to Judaism since ancient times. It is the land that the Jewish bible describes as being promised to the Jews by God. They strongly feel that they are within their God-given right to take the land that has been promised to them by God.

This information is all out there on the Internet. I would suggest Wikipedia as a start. The Bible is another surprisingly good source of information about ancient Palestine.

Member grimreaper797 has also created two good threads about the history of both Israel and Palestine.

Here
And Here

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
moniker,

I appreciate the correction. I was mistakenly under the impression that a Palestine never existed, and I will look into your suggested links further.

Mark

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
moniker,

On the Bush comment...I understand your point. However, I don't see an equal situation.

If America were attacked by missiles and suicide bombers...Yes...I would expect us to seek a response and a fix from the government responsible for the individuals. If that didn't happen...I would then expect retaliation. (as has been the case with 9/11...mostly)

Much the same, I would expect any other country to attack America with whatever capability they have if we shot missiles at them or provided and supported suicide bombers without America being attacked first.

I would not, however, expect a military reaction in any case, for any "side" because the other doesn't like their politics or beliefs. In short, my stance is..."if everyone stopped fighting for a period of time...and agreed...the next group to fire a shot is the one at fault". I obviously believe that Hamas would be the ones firing that shot, as their people cheered and formed parades in the streets hoping for more.

But regardless...I get your point.

Mark

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

moniker,

On the Bush comment...I understand your point. However, I don't see an equal situation.

If America were attacked by missiles and suicide bombers...Yes...I would expect us to seek a response and a fix from the government responsible for the individuals. If that didn't happen...I would then expect retaliation. (as has been the case with 9/11...mostly)

Much the same, I would expect any other country to attack America with whatever capability they have if we shot missiles at them or provided and supported suicide bombers without America being attacked first.

I would not, however, expect a military reaction in any case, for any "side" because the other doesn't like their politics or beliefs. In short, my stance is..."if everyone stopped fighting for a period of time...and agreed...the next group to fire a shot is the one at fault". I obviously believe that Hamas would be the ones firing that shot, as their people cheered and formed parades in the streets hoping for more.

But regardless...I get your point.

Mark

And I agree with you, however I've found that one sometimes must simplify and exaggerate slightly in order to get the message out. Too much information at once and the point I'm trying to make gets lost in all the noise.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Same thing for cluster bombs. They don't work well in urban environments, but are exceptional in the open. I love them, and the US has used them successfully abroad, creating massive death and destruction of those targets that were in the open.

Here's a look at what cluster bombs can do:
electronicintifada.net...

Here's another one, this one happened over 25 years after the bomb was dropped:
clearpathinternational.org...

You love this?

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

Weareawake, you just nailed it.

In 1948, upon release from Britain, Israel declared themselves an independent country. Here comes the "Israeli Aggression."

Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Syria, Transjordan, Lebanon, Iraq, and a large guerrilla contingent attacked Israel to wipe them off the map. They got their asses kicked, and by the time the shooting was over, Israel picked up some additional territory.

1967, you can read for yourself about the Six Day War. Israel picked up additional territory.

The Arabs, and the Muslims, which would now include Iran, follow their prophet's directive to kill Jews. Where you find them.

Is any of this starting to come together?

Israel has been under attack from DAY ONE. But somehow, because the other side can't fight for $#!T, it's suddenly an Israeli aggression. Go figure.

And you are right about the "civilians." Many are Hamas in civilian clothes, and of course when killed, they are counted as civilians.

Hama will launch a rocket, run like hell, and later send a kid out there to retrieve the launcher, knowing what will happen.

The greatest enemy the Gazans have, is not Israel. It's Hamas and radical Islam.

But too stupid to know it. Too filled with hate to care.

And so it continues.

It will continue until one side or the other wipes the other out.

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

So, Seriously....

You think it is perfectly righteous and good for the World Powers to steal the land of another country and give it to Jewish peoples to form a Hebrew Nation?

You think it is fine and that there is nothing at all wrong with it?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

The way I see it is that hamas played the sympathy card and won. Few people think hamas has a noble cause but this scarcely matters as people will only remember the 1000+ dead and 4000+ injured at the hands of israel. Sad but true...

Its like your wife slapping you and you getting mad and throwing a few slaps of your own. Who do you think will get in trouble when the wife calls the police and charges the husband with domestic violence???

What you say was true a few centuries ago where full media coverage was unheard off and the powerful did as they please. Today *military power* is almost irrellevant as the real power lies elsewhere.

Perhaps one can make a case that israel is too stupid to realise what is going on. Off course they have a right to defend themselves and should, but they keep #ing up in *public relations* department with their short-cut, convienent/illegal tactics.

My god, this stupid conflict is getting pathetically old!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hopefully this sends a message to the Israeli government that the world does not support and won't tolerate their actions of using disproportionate force in areas that are populated with civilians.

However, Masonwatcher, can you explain why Israel has established this large number of checkpoints and control over Palestinians? Do you really believe it is simply a method to to kill them off (genocide)? Why did these check points become so severe after the al-Aqsa Intifada (2nd Intifada)?

The current state of affairs in the ME cannot be solely blamed on Israel. Regardless of if you believe Israel's occupation of Palestinian land has provoked all these reactions, many situations in history can be compared in similar light. E.g. Native American Indians in areas within the United States. Indigenous Australians within the Australian continent. I doubt you would condone Native American Indians blowing up buildings and firing rockets randomly within the US - even if it is to give attention to past atrocities perpetrated against these people.

Thus, masonwatcher, you will continue to receive that label because you choose to highlight time and again how Israeli occupation of Palestinian land is a legitimate excuse for extremists to cause havoc against Israel. Your mind has been corrupted by the hate you feel for Freemasons in general. That you choose to associate so closely Freemasonry with Zionism, and Zionism with Israel, this allows you to indulge yourself in the notion that Israel is intrinsically evil and the perpetrator of all ME catastrophes.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Is this what everyone's so uptight about, are the Zionist TRYING to make us like them.....

Condemning all forms of anti-Semitism and reaffirming the support of Congress for the mandate of the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism, and for other purposes.
(Introduced in Senate)
SCON 11 IS
111th CONGRESS 1st Session
S. CON. RES. 11

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES March 19, 2009 Ms. COLLINS (for herself, Mr. CARDIN, Ms. SNOWE, Mr. RISCH, Ms. MIKULSKI, Mr. ISAKSON, Mr. CHAMBLISS, Mr. BINGAMAN, Mr. SCHUMER, Mr. SANDERS, Mr. BAYH, Mr. BENNETT, Mr. CASEY, Ms. LANDRIEU, Mr. KYL, Mrs. GILLIBRAND, Mr. WYDEN, Mr. LIEBERMAN, Mrs. FEINSTEIN, Mr. SHELBY, Mrs. MURRAY, Mr. BARRASSO, Ms. MURKOWSKI, Mr. ROBERTS, Mr. BROWN, Mr. SPECTER, Mr. NELSON of Nebraska, Mr. MENENDEZ, Ms. CANTWELL, Mr. ALEXANDER, Mr. WICKER, Mr. THUNE, Mr. VOINOVICH, Mr. HATCH, Mr. DORGAN, Mr. NELSON of Florida, Mr. KERRY, Mr. MCCONNELL, Mr. DURBIN, Mr. WHITEHOUSE, Mr. CORKER, and Mr. BURR) submitted the following concurrent resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations

LINK

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

You have no proof Israel committed this act. Maybe it was hamas with one of their homemade explosives.

Google "The Other Inconvenient Truth" and see for yourself.

[edit on 5-4-2009 by A Conscience]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join