It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's in our water?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Found a pretty interesting/disturbing list of compounds commonly found in U.S. drinking water.
www.newscientist.com...

Although the amounts of these chemicals in our water is low, its interesting to think about the homeopathic side of this. IF homeopathic remedies have even some signs of being effective then who knows how these chemicals could affect us.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I kind of have to ride the fence on this one.... While i totally agree, it is scary that all these things can be found in the water we drink, at the same time there is no possible way that water could be refined to a point where every single impurity could be removed. Also, anything and everything on this planet can be fatal or not, it is the dosage that determines the effect. While some of these compound could potentially be fatal in the right dosage, it would take thousands of times the amount found in gallons and gallons of this tainted water.

And now i have to be a wise** for a moment...
mood stabilizers, tranquilizers, painkillers... I know a couple people i'm going to start forcing to drink more water, or maybe i should just do it myself.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidMindset

Really want a scare? Take a sample of your drinking water, and take it to a local university lab, and have the sample analysed for contents. You will no doubt find fluoride, used for rat poison in Germany for years, lead, ammonium nitrate, fertilizer compound, and other metals, some heavy, some not. We are systematically being poisoned, not enough to kill but well enough to dumb down and make a person passive. Do it!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Maybe thats why the recommend at least 8 glasses a day.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I for one am convinced that they have this stuff in the water for a reason. 1 to dumb us down. and 2 to poison us so that we have to go to doctors and pay for meds. And there is also fluoride in the water which has caused cancer in cows, AND not to mention fluoride is a RADIOACTIVE element it CANNOT be safe for your body, no matter how minuscule the amount is.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Ack.
Gross.
Anybody know if filters can filter this out?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Just found out that tomorrow nights Coast to Coast show is about the dangers of fluoride.

new topics

top topics

join