It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olmert: I told Bush not to vote for Gaza resolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Olmert: I told Bush not to vote for Gaza resolution

www.presstv.ir

Israel's Prime Minister Ehud Olmert says that he told President Bush not to vote in favor of the United Nations' last week resolution on Gaza.

"I told him (Bush) the United States could not vote in favor. It cannot vote in favor of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favor," said Olmert on Monday.

"In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
USA - that great sovereign country, leader of the free world!

"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I did not care. 'I need to talk to him now'. He got off the podium and spoke to me," he added.

"Yeah, I get a call, to call Bush, that he will call Rice... That she will not raise our hand!"

What a great news for USrael... What a shame for people of USA. In these moments I just thank my destiny, that I have born to small country in corner of Europe, and I dont have to shame my governments acts in daily basis...

This is "news, no news" - but we have to see where these "no news" are leading US, and behind them Europe, finally whole world too... We are in very dangerous path to WW3.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

im sick of the US being in the back pocket of israel... why do we even care what they do with their politics?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Yeah bush tell now who is your real daddy

This are great news when we have our leaders been commanded by leaders of other nations.

I wonder what China, Japan, UK and even the Arabs has been telling Bush lately.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Who is Olmert telling this to? Is he giving a press briefing or talking to a certain reporter? The article seems vague. Once again, which is it, does the US tell Israel what to do or does Israel tell the US what to do?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think that America really would have been the greatest nation on Earth had they avoided any alliances with Israel. The Zionists have ruined the U.S from the inside out, it's an unfortunate reality that the whole world has to live with and feel the effects of.

Originally posted by jam321
Once again, which is it, does the US tell Israel what to do or does Israel tell the US what to do?

Israel tells the US what to do, if only America acted on the true values of it's forefathers and founders.

[edit on 12/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This kind of news would raise BREAKING POLITICAL STORM, huge demands, accusations of collaborating, high treason, from senates or parlaments in any, but maybe other country...

USrael

- Think about it.

I dont know where pressTV have found this info, but this really is hardcore claim... And when this news breaks out in Muslim world in this crucial moment... No, no, no... USA wont get away from this - this will be remembered.

Gaza is 911 Trauma - needs revenge - and USA will pay the price.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
This kind of news would raise BREAKING POLITICAL STORM, huge demands, accusations of collaborating, high treason, from senates or parlaments in any, but maybe other country...

USrael

- Think about it.

I dont know where pressTV have found this info, but this really is hardcore claim... And when this news breaks out in Muslim world in this crucial moment... No, no, no... USA wont get away from this - this will be remembered.

Gaza is 911 Trauma - needs revenge - and USA will pay the price.

And so it sits with some obscured news site. This would lead me to believe it is all propaganda, for I agree with you that it would create a sh@t storm if it was true, but we see and hear nothing….

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
And so it sits with some obscured news site. This would lead me to believe it is all propaganda, for I agree with you that it would create a sh@t storm if it was true, but we see and hear nothing….

So, as it IS true, does that tell you anything about your media and political system? It ought to.

And Obama's going to be just the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Who is Olmert telling this to? Is he giving a press briefing or talking to a certain reporter? The article seems vague. Once again, which is it, does the US tell Israel what to do or does Israel tell the US what to do?

Every one knows its israel who tells US what to do, and the sad thing is US just jump when asked. A country of the free.... i dont think so, US is a country lead by zionist lobbyists.

Best regards.

Loke.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I guess no one heard that Israel asked for the US's permission to bomb Irans Nuclear facilities? We told them no.

So much for being a puppet for Israel?

[edit on 13-1-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
One of the Reasons that Israel has not bomb Iran "nuclear facilities" is because they don't dare to take that task and actually turn the entire Arab community against them worst that they are right now.

Then Iran is not Iraq and never will be like Palestine.

Then you have US in Iraq as an occupier just think what will happen to our troops in Iraq as retaliation for any support of the US on Israel attacking Iran.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If Israel actually controlled the U.S. foreign policy they would have had the U.S. veto the security council resolution. The United States is one of the few countries that can veto any U.N. security council resolution without support. As it stands, the U.S. let the measure pass by not voting. How does this show that Israel controls the U.S. when the resolution still passed?

The United Nations Security Council 'power of veto' refers to the veto power wielded solely by the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council,[1] enabling them to prevent the adoption of any 'substantive' draft Council resolution, regardless of the level of international support for the draft.

en.wikipedia.org...

The five permanent members are:
  • Russia
  • United States of America
  • France
  • China
  • United Kingdom

The United States could have killed the draft on their own. They did not. Secretary Rice said she let it pass to see if Egypt could produce a workable outcome.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by dbates]

• posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:46 PM
    link   
    Israel and USA answers to allegations...

US: Olmert's UN vote story 'just 100%, totally not true'

Both the State Department and White House spokesmen said that Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's claim that he had essentially gotten US President George W. Bush to twist Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice's arm and abstain on the measure was simply untrue.

State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said Olmert's story of what happened in his conversation with Bush was "just 100 percent, totally, completely not true," while White House deputy press secretary Tony Fratto said "there are inaccuracies."

www.jpost.com...

- If whole episode was untrue, why Bush and Olmert doesnt say that them self - why need to use spokesmans?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
    link   
    I was skeptical at first, but now that they have a bunch of representatives denying it.. I'm sure it's true

second line .. and a third

new topics

top topics

join