It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Today... Well They Scare Me

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I think you are spot on in your assessment.

Further, I believe that the PTBe are deliberately winding up such

ATTACHMENT DISORDERED individuals

as an excuse to be able to terminate them--kill them--to reduce the global population . . . not per se for the environment though they'll claim that . . .

but to make managing the serfs/slaves easier.

Hell is enlarging itself for such blokes. Their destiny will be well deserved, imho.

Kindness, generosity, etc. will become increasingly rare and highly prized by God Almighty . . . and blessed by HIM . . .

while the evil doers shake their heads and rail and rant and assault.

Those on God's side will still end up winners hands down.

The evil doers will eventually fall in their own pit and worse.

However, a LOT of blood will flow from their decisions and actions, first.

Fascinating times we live in.

The ONLY solution is walking close to God.

NOTHING else will come close to being a solution for survival--not to mention eternal life on the good side.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

TRY ATTACHMENT DISORDER.

The first 8 years of life . . . particularly Daddy is not around enough or not emotionally affectionately in healthy ways affirming, loving enough . . .

and kids grow up dreadfully insecure, hurting, angry, feeling worthless, with poor social skills etc. . . . . me-ism; selfish; a sense of entitlement . . .

what a horrific prescription for angry chaos.

. . . which is one of the things the puppet masters had in mind when they began to shred the American Family decades ago.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I've been thinking the exact same thing for years now.

If people are willing to beat each other up, trample each other, and even kill each other for cheap plastics sh#t for China to buy for Christmas gifts, what the hell are they going to do when they are starving and store shelves are empty?

I wouldn't doubt that people will kill you over a crumb of bread or even resort to cannibalism.

We live in very depressing times and I can only hope the lords return is imminent!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
What amuses me is how people expect people in grocery retail to care about their needs. Their employers don't care about their existence, and with a meagre wage, some of them don't see the light at the end of the tunnel.

What's worse is that a majority of the customers couldn't care about the employee, neither, and go out of their way to condescend and add more unnecessary stress in their own lives. Most of the employees don't even care about their own lives because it's simply difficult, and every single person is on their back making demands.

Maybe what most of you need to do is realise that you are talking to a person with emotion half of the time. Or, do what you do and express how furious you are at the fact that they've run out of a certain product. Go on, kick someone while they're down. Push someone too far and before you know t they'll start pushing back, and the affect will be felt.

Go on. Do it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This may surprise you, but here it is. I suspect that the restraining influence of God was lifted in 1989, as Revelation foretells. I have seen some incredible stuff done by supposedly 'godly' people, including the infamous Chuck Swindle at my church. Then my own family. Stuff out of fiction novels. You are dead on, there has been a major shift in peoples behavior, but it is not only here in America. It is worldwide. Another six years and it will all be over.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Although that i've never worked for a grocery store, i've never experienced something like this over here in germany. Maybe because they always got what we need, or maybe we don't have tv shows like jerry springer. I don't know, to be honest. :/

But i don't think people like this would behave NOT differently in an shortage.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by hackbart]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Compared to ten years ago, food products - the ones you actually want are always "out of stock".

I'm not one of those that throw a fit, I just quietly walk away or ask the store manager to get more. It's not the stock person's fault, it's the buyers fault.

However, has anyone else noticed that almost every item you go to buy, that you really want is "out of stock" frequently?

People in general are frustrated and they don't even know why. I think it's instinctive that we all know something is going on but what that something is - has eluded us, we all know that things "aren't as they should be".

We're being kept busy, we're working longer and harder for less, stresses keep building for most of us anyway.

My son use to work in retail and quit the day after "Black Friday" when people started to mob violently for toys.

I can only imagine what people would do for food if it ever becomes scarce.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
What do you guys think? Will we help each other out? Or will we act like we do at the grocery store?

Of course there are still lots of good people out there, but i'm talking about the majority.

Did it never occur to you that you must be one of those good people??

The people like you are what gets us all through it and we will all get through it in the end. It will just take much longer.

I can see society starting to divide again and thats the way that it has to go unfortunately but we will learn much better from this for the future.

Chin up.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Angry Potato

You're absolutely correct.

The people who stock and cashier aren't the better paid buyers and store managers who decide what to stock. The poor stock person and cashier are the people at the bottom of the rung who do the real work and are paid shi%.

I've tried to simply find Hydrive Energy Drink (really good stuff). Good luck most stores don't carry it or their out.

Progresso Black Bean Soup is another item "always out" by me, I went to 5 different grocery stores and they were either out or didn't carry it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent

However, has anyone else noticed that almost every item you go to buy, that you really want is "out of stock" frequently?

welcome to the "free" (ie. captive corporate) market!

i keep wondering if these signs of decay are planned, condoned for pragmatic reasons or are simply a sign of collapse. that's of course an exercise in futility, seeing as only the end results truely matter now, but interesting nonetheless. maybe they're deluding themselves into believing they're capable of controlling a world wide civil war, maybe they quite simply lost it.

at the current pace things can't last very long,, though, the question is whether we're talking about years or rather decades. inertia is a curious thing.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It seems to me that people in general are becoming more aggressive. Just yesterday I told my husband that I have been verbally attacked several times in the last week by people in public. From corner stores to grocery stores, to riding a bus people are becoming increasingly hostile.

Not being a person that just accepts someone flipping on me for no good reason, well lets just say I don't passively shrink away. After this last incident Sunday at the grocery store when some woman said she was going to run my white a** over and kick it I had just had enough. As I got loud right back on her (I know not the most mature way to handle it, but like I said I have had enough) the situation nearly became comical. As other customers were looking at this woman like she was out of her mind, my daughter heard me and came back to see what was going on. Here is the funny part.....my daughter is mixed and a big girl, well you should have seen the face of this woman when a big black girl came walking up and said "Mom, are you alright" and looked that woman right in the face and asked was there a problem. Everyone in the area was laughing out loud.

I am going to have to learn to just keep it moving when I run into this sort of thing. I do think that the tension of the entire population is rising and we are going to find this sort of aggressive behavior the norm.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Excellent thread.. I agree with op 100 percent. I work as customer service rep for your favorite cable company. People scream at me all day, because we don't have hd converters with hdmi output. My other favorite call is

"My bill is high"
Do you want to downgrade?
"No I just want pay less and keep the same service"
Sorry we can't do that
"Let me speak to your supervisor your a scumbag and not being helpful"

People are nothing but greedy slime. I can't do anything about it when I am at work. However when I am out and I see a customer being rude to a service person I jump right in and fight for the person behind the counter. As an employee I can do nothing, as citizens we can start a revolution!

Peace
Trustnobody

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I was on a mission from GOD OK?

reply to post by bismarcksea

Uh, Sarah Palin? Is that you?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
may be if they did not eat such s**t they may be in a better mood...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think we have been bred by societies rules to have a sense of self-entitlement.
We have been living too good for too long.
I agree that these people would not last in if the worst happened.
I also think the worst should happen just to rid ourselves of these self-entitled bozos.
Do I really care about someone who is screaming that there isn't enough cream cheese on their bagel?
How would someone living in war and squalor feel about these people??

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I know how you feel, believe me. I not so much afraid about my own life because I know that this "life" is just an illusion. I just fear for the safety of my siblings, my niece and my nephew. Some people just feel like society has done them wrong and people owe them....big time.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
Ohh hey, since you work in a supermarket and we're kind of talking about the economy:
I've recently noticed SO MANY parents telling their children "No honey we can't have that" or "Just pick one" or "We can't afford it this week" in the supermarket.

I've never ever ever heard that before the past few months.

never ever ever?

wow spoilt kids in America

maybe that is the root of this "If I don't get my microwave cheese bean burittos right now, Im a gonna start shooting some people!!" crisis you all seem to be living in

in the post apocalyptic cannibal waste land the fat man becomes the prey

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I recommend reading "Batman: The Dark Knight Returns," by Frank Miller, 1986. In it, you see Gotham after an electromagnetic pulse. No power. No order. People behave badly at first, but, after a bit, humanity kicks in and most start helping one another. I have to believe, American or not, when the bad times go down, we as humans will find a way to be our better selves. Doing the right thing feels a lot better than doing what is selfish and wrong.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
People should scare you. Most are as stupid as a sack of doorknobs, and have all the wisdom and common sense of a two by four. Plus, they aren't required to have keepers when they are out and about. Be afraid... be very afraid.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

That used to happen to me pretty often when I worked at a Walgreens type of drugstore nearby. They would have weekly sales and, for some reason or another, we would never fail to sell out of most of those products within a day or two. People would get downright furious and confrontational when I would (always politely) inform them we were sold out.

It's really kind of a sad world we live in, I don't know what's up with people anymore. It sort of reminds me of the book "Ishmael" by Daniel Quinn (I believe that was his name). If he's right essentially everyone is miserable due to the society we live in.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by JayTaylor]

[edit on 13-1-2009 by JayTaylor]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join