It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hubble mystery light puzzles astronomers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Hubble mystery light puzzles astronomers

www.msnbc.msn.com

'No one has been able to come up with a good explanation for this object'

Almost three years ago, astronomers using the Hubble Space Telescope were perusing a cluster of galaxies about eight billion light-years from Earth when they came upon a flash of light unlike anything they had seen before.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Interesting.
This comes on the heels of the the discovery of the mystery roar that was discovered in space a little while back.

The universe has had some suprises as of late.
Kinda makes you wonder how little we really know about the way things work out there.

And it made me think that we could be in for a surprise one day.
Earth faces many threats from space that are known about,kinda scary to think about the things we dont know about,until its to late.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be the result of a collision of two large objects such as two planets or moons.It is odd for sure with only 200 days of observations.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Its eight billion light-years from Earth so it surely is something much bigger than a collision between planets. More likely that it is a new type of supernovae object of some kind.

Very interesting find.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Yep, the more we learn the more we learn how much we didn't know. I can't remember how long it's been since I escaped my cocoon of believing other people or entities would protect me. Oh well, it's a one way ticket and everyones got one. ATS membership should come with a perscription to xanax.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"Astrophysical Journal Letters in September reported that a chemical analysis of the object seemed to match emissions from a distant, cool and carbon-rich atmosphere."

Maybe in a parallel galaxy somewhere, some parallel terrorists got ahold of a freakin ton of parallel nukes and all hell broke lose.

I have no idea... probably just the burning out of a star composed of some crazy compound we've never even heard of or possibly the collapse of a black whole? who knows... space is a huge place, some crazy stuff has to go down sometime, somewhere, right?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Waldy

They stated they don't know if it's something very distant or if it was even in our own Milky Way.

I wonder why we're just now hearing about these things. Strange that such amazing new discoveries are being made but yet we don't hear about them for several years after the fact. Just like the loud boom that was recently reported, that even happened a few years back.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Somebody forgot to change the vacum cleaning bag on a black hole it got to full and burst. You then have a bright flash and a roar.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well if its that far away it had to have happened a looooooong time ago. I doubt we will ever find out what it is.

top topics

join