It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 stoned to death for adultery in Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

2 stoned to death for adultery in Iran

newsinfo.inquirer.net

TEHRAN -- Two men have been stoned to death for adultery at a cemetery in the northeastern city of Mashhad while a third escaped with his life, the Iranian newspaper Etemad Melli reported on Sunday
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Under Iran's Islamic law, adultery is still theoretically punishable by stoning, which involves the public hurling of stones at the convict buried up to his waist. A woman is buried up to her shoulders.
Eight women and two men are currently convicted to death by stoning in Iranian prisons, Etemad Melli said quoting rights activists, while the sentence has been commuted to jail terms and lashes for four other women.
This is the how muslim countries still act in our modern age, just sad...

newsinfo.inquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I disagree with it too but other countries have the right to have different laws and culture. It isn't our place to tell them what they should do anymore then it is their place to tell us what we should do in our countries (although some do that anyway but that's another issue.) The idea that one culture is superior to another is dangerous as far as I'm concerned. Anyway we have too many problems in our own society to spend time worrying about whether other cultures have the same laws or morals as us.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am surprised they were men. I usually assume people who follow Judeo-Christian laws or are from primitive countries rarely, if ever, punish men for these sort of crimes. At least they are consistent.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This not really is surprising at all; most of the western world did the exact same things in the early 1800's and late 1700's.

Lots of countries are like this even non Muslim countries. If you were to go over to many of the island nations in the pacific you would see most of them have the same type of laws and sometimes there's are actually worst.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It is funny how people criticize Texas for its death row but justify stoning due to law and culture. Texas also has its form of punishment that is also based on law and culture. Texas Death Row Motto--NEXT.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

yes but its been a long time since 1700-1800 and it seems islam is stuck in the past and destroying any chance world peace.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Yup, Islam is so stuck in the past. I cannot believe they do not allow free-willed individuals to make love. After all, love conquers all. Iran needs more love and less stoning, I think.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

the sad thing is that its most muslim countries, who keep their people poor and un educated. and treat their owns citizens like animals...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Its more than just Muslim countries; Its basically anywhere that have populations of people whom still live in tribes.

I remember when I went to Tuvalu, Tonga, Vanuatu and Palau leave the capital and its like you went back in time no phones, tv, internet or anything the only modern things you see are cars most of the people live in small wooden buildings with no modern equipment most of the governance is basically tribal laws and the such.

Look at tribes in North America, South America, Africa, remote parts of Asia and the Pacific Islands they all still go by the same basic system that they have been using for centuries.

It will always be this way until everybody is living in large towns and cities etc. You can go out into the rain forest or jungle anywhere and find tribes that still govern themselves like they did 100-200 years ago with the exception of some medicines and inventions, this is not a Islam only thing.

Actually some places like Saudi Arabia have come along way over the past 60-75 years, it was still tribes in Arabia back then and its now a unified country per say.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by jatsc]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Don't make the mistake of accusing Islam of being any less valid or morally corrupt than Christianity for example. There are many millions of Muslins who are not extremists or agree with their respective government's actions and laws who are unable to do anything about the situation they live in.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The sole purpose of this thread is to make muslims look like the root of all evil.

In this sense it is no different than all the anti-semitic propaganda posted on in this hate-forum....just from the other side.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dracula23
This is the how muslim countries still act in our modern age, just sad...

It's not sad, it's their way. No more sad than an American doing a life sentence for having a joint in his pocket anyway.

Other countries look at the obese, apathetic and indulgent lifestyle of Americans, and think "just sad...".

Here's the thing, if you know and understand the consequences, and go through with the illegal action anyway, it doesn't matter if you think it's "right" or not, you still have to pay the piper.

Every Iranian understands the penalty for adultery is stoning. Those that commit adultery, should expect to be stoned (with rocks, not the joint the American is doing life for).

It's a different country, a different culture, with different beliefs, different lifestyles, and different laws. When in Rome...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lucid eyes

why its the truth and gives you a clear view of how Iran governs its people and why they are considered a country of terror by the US and other western countries.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dracula23

yes, its the truth.

And what makes you choose not to post about more modern Iranians or those Iranians that are trying to get rid of their government? Thats also truth.

Strangely, everyone in this Forum seems to be trying to zoom in on the very worst examples of hatred.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Give me a break dude. Try to picture being a woman having your face mutilated because you had sex with someone else.

Can you imagine having only your head stuck out of the ground when Rocks hit you until your skeleton either shutters or bleeds to death?

Note that woman are covered with sand up t the head while men who do it are covered only up to the waist to give them a better chance of escaping…

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hey if that's their law and those men knew the consequences and they did it anyway.

Well Who am I to judge!
Now where is that Lethal Injection I keep around here?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Hey if that's their law and those men knew the consequences and they did it anyway.

Well Who am I to judge!
Now where is that Lethal Injection I keep around here?

Are there any laws in your country that you disagree with or break personally? If so, what makes you any different from them?

What are these lawbreakers supposed to do? They cannot seek asylum in another country because they are often viewed as 'spongers', 'invaders' or 'seeking to turn X country into an Islamic state using Sharia law' so they have to try and live their lives in secret or try to change their corrupt government - only problem is dissenters are often murdered!

Lucid makes a very good point.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

Are there any laws in your country that you disagree with or break personally? If so, what makes you any different from them?

What are these lawbreakers supposed to do?

Yes plenty!

As per the second part um don't break the law?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I mean I think the law is primative in my opinion but that's their country and that's their law. They knew what it could get them and they did it anyways.

If my state had the Death Penalty for killing an old lady with a broomstick and I went out and killed an old lady with a broomstick.

I would expect the death penalty!

yeah at that point I would probably call the law wrong and want the law changed.

Just MHO

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join