It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WWII-Era Mass Grave Believed to Contain 1,800 Germans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
MDV2, I do not need to educate myself because I know all about Konigsburg and I did say that some Germans were overun by the Russians or did you miss that. The simple facts are that there was a mass exodus of people towards the West and not just the Germans but Poles and others.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

berlin alone was over 1 million

Following the Red Army's capture of Berlin in 1945, one of the largest and most attrocious incidents of mass rape took place. Soviet troops raped German women and girls as young as 8 years old. Estimates of the total number of victims range from nine hundred thousand to two million. After the summer of 1945, Soviet soldiers caught raping were usually punished to some degree, ranging from arrest to execution. The rapes continued, however, until the winter of 1947-48, when Soviet occupation authorities finally confined Soviet troops to strictly guarded posts and camps,“ completely separating them from the residential population of the Soviet zone of Germany.

Hanna Schissler The Miracle Years: A Cultural History of West Germany, 1949-1968

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
reply to post by Mdv2

No, that can't be right though.
We know those people are dead, not categorized as the "missing" who the source seems to think were found.

I agree, but many had been killed on their way to the West, in remote areas. Perhaps these people had been overtaken by the advancing Soviets, raped and murdered. People living in the area could have buried them in the aftermath. I know enough case of people buried rather than buried for disease control.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

You're right.
Doesn't mean people forget it happened, though. Germany was a madhouse back then.
It's horrible, you're right, but you know that the Soviets did get theirs in the end.
One million is a lot, 6 million is a lot, doesn't really matter how many people died. It's all horrible.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Maybe but don't you think if an entire area has been "missing" since WWII we would notice?
It just seems weird to me... if they died in a strange way via Soviets, I think we would know.

Actually.. maybe not.
I just changed my mind. I remember when they took over Russia and millions of people were found buried in the North, and people said "how could entire towns just go missing?"
There you go.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join