It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Truth, Origin of the ANKH 9

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

the Truth, Origin of the ANKH 9

www.guide-to-symbols.com

No Link, just a question.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
what is it?

that is my question, what is the origin of the ankh, the absolute beginning of it.

I have been having Reoccuring Dreams. Very Intense and Profound.

It is Cloudy outsside and ppl are Screaming and Scared in panic. I Go Outside, to see whats going on, and I look up. It is cloudy. Then Right On Top of my head, only over me, their appears something breaking through the Clouds. Their is Blue Sky! In the Shape of an ANKH On top of ME! Only Over Me. I Hear a ROAAAAAAAAR, and I feel it Within my Soul. I feel it inside, and I feel it in my body, and the earth shakes, the sky trembles. Everyone is scared..........except for me, I Am So HAPPY, YEAAAAAAAAAAAH! 9

I Know I Know The Answer to this Question

still I ask to those, to anyone, freemason, or non free mason

anyone who knows what I am asking for is not normal, but Extrordinary, anyone with worthy knowledge to give
SPEAK

www.guide-to-symbols.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Nine9]

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Nine9]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
To me it's always seemed like an obvious silhouette of an a robed alien...

but thats not the scholarly opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nine9

The 'Ankh' has been depicted for many meanings, from the absolute condition of the giver of life and death, to the harbinger of nothing more than a depiction as the Sun taking it's usual trek over teh horizon as it rises.
Though there are members of this thread that are more qualified than myself for this diagnosis, it sounds as if you are experiencing some kind "Ankh episodical premonition references" which is why I will ask firstly, "Been studying or researching Ancient Egypt or it's culture lately?"

First: the ankh as a giver/pilot of the life/afterlife scenario, it is supposedly a very respected and magical symbol as well, Egyptian glyph for magical protection, SA.

Another theory holds that the ankh was symbolic of the sunrise, with the loop representing the Sun rising above the horizon, which is represented by the crossbar. The vertical section below the crossbar would then be the path of the sun.

Wolfhart Westendorf felt it was associated with the tyet emblem, or the "knot of Isis". He thought both were ties for ceremonial girdles. Winfried Barta connected the ankh with the royal cartouche in which the king's name was written, while others have even identified it as a penis sheath. The presence of a design resembling a pubic triangle on one ankh of the New kingdom seems to allow for the idea that the sign may be a specifically sexual symbol.

It is at least interesting that the ankh word was used for mirrors from at least the Middle Kingdom onward, and that indeed, many mirrors were shaped in the form of an ankh sign. Life and death mirror each other, and in any number of ancient religions, mirrors were used for purposes of divination.

As the Christian era eclipsed Egypt's pharaonic pagan religion, the sign was adapted by the Coptic church as their unique form of a cross, known as the crux ansata.

www.touregypt.net...

So for your questions, I hope I have helped, like I had said before, there are more qualified people here as far as your dreams and the translation of the 'Ankh' in your dreams, but at least it is a beginning for you.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well, I have always loved the pyramids, and ancient egypt.
and it is true I have always in my soul and heart wanted to go their one day, when the Godess, the God, The Creator Wants me go to their, I will go their, I have faith in the Creator, and that the Creator wants the best for me

other than that...My mentor(who Ive not met in person in my life) who is the closest thing to a father Ive ever had, has said that he thought, envisions and saw, that I might go their one day.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I thought it was a grey in robes, holding out its arms...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by MR BOB]

new topics

top topics

join