It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Mark Kirk (R-IL) on Gaza: 'It's time to take out the trash.'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Rep. Mark Kirk (R-IL) on Gaza: 'It's time to take out the trash.'

thinkprogress.org

At a rally in DC last week, Illinois Republican Rep. Mark Kirk joined several other congressmen in supporting Israel’s actions in Gaza. According to JTA, Kirk said, “To misquote Shakespeare, something is rotten in Gaza and now it’s time to take out the trash.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I'm new here. I've been looking for a while, just recently signed up. This article made me so mad. I can't believe that someone would think it was OK to say something like this while, literally, hundreds of innocent people are being killed and maimed.

This just proves the rampant racism (and Zionist/Israeli favoritism) that's still alive and well within our government and within those that we elect into our government.

We should be more careful who we vote into public office. How do we know they won't decide it's time to "take out the trash" in Compton or Miami? This situation is nothing less than disgusting, and a horrible violation of human rights and should be treated as such.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
If he said it, I would say it is not called for. However, your source says according to JTA. Are these really his words or what somebody thought they heard? Are you condemning the man before even you know the facts?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I don't really know what you're getting at.. JTA has a direct quote from him if you go to that article:

U.S. Sen. Ben Cardin (D-Md.) and Reps. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.), Mark Kirk (R-Ill.) and Frank Wolf (R-Va.) all also strongly backed the Jewish state's actions at the hourlong rally.

"To misquote Shakespeare, something is rotten in Gaza and now it's time to take out the trash," Kirk said.
Link

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have to say that I think a bunch of woosies that lob rockets over the border and think stupid things like "Israel should not exist" and then run and hide behind children are trash.

I think his statement is correct, bold and true.

Yes I have seen the little limp bodied kids killed in this terrible endeavor and it sucks. But facts are facts, there are a bunch of idiots in Hamas who need to be routed. He just used cowboy speak.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by virgo_innocence

.. I do believe he was talking about Hammas... not sure how that is "Racism" ..

Especially since Palestinians and (many) Israeli's are in fact the same "race" (Caucasian, however, their Ethnicity is Semitic.)

Educate your self before you post ignorance.

If anything, it could be misconstrued as a call for genocide .. but not Racism.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
HellYeah somebody with some balls.

It was only a matter of time before Hamas caused the destruction of the Palestinians. Rockets but no food. Disease and plague may be their final end.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
come on virgo, you americans are not used yet to that kind of trash talking.
Here in France we have a marvellous right-wing leader, J.M. LE PEN, who uses diffamatory and insulting terms at every opportunity which is given to him.
He says that 6 million Jews killed in WWII is a "detail" of history and should not be amplified. He says that our national soccer team mainly composed of black players is not "representative" of the French population. He says we should kick out all the foreigners who don't feel French and boo the national anthem in sports events. He says Petain (leader of the traitor French Vichy Gov during WWII) was a hero and that M.Papon, Petain's protégé, should have been cleared of the trial about him delivering Jews to nazi germany....And you know what? He finished 2nd in the 2002 presidential election becasue misinformed ppl thought he would clean the country...
so, you know, that kind of talk about trash is far from making my eyebrows move...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
There is nothing racist about the remark. The comments, albeit counter-initiative, are far from a controversial racial expression. Rep. Mark Kirk comments are stereotypical and contemptuous views regarding opponents of Israel.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
All i needed to see the (R-IL). Another great politician from Illinois. They keep producing some good ones eh?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SectionEight

HellYeah somebody with some balls.

Really!?!?!??! It take's "balls" to kill civilians? INCLUDING OVER 300 CHILDREN?

You do know that these "supporters" of Israel are religious nuts trying to fulfill biblical prophesy, right???

Bombing walled-in unarmed civilians really makes one tough.

top topics

join