It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Bush Know There Will Be Another Attack?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

And in terms of the decisions that I had made to protect the homeland, I wouldn't worry about popularity. What I would worry about is the Constitution of the United States, and putting plans in place that makes it easier to find out what the enemy is thinking, because all these debates will matter not if there's another attack on the homeland. The question won't be, you know, were you critical of this plan or not; the question is going to be, why didn't you do something?

www.whitehouse.gov...

In his press conference today, this is the quote that really struck me. What do you think?
It seems like either a) he's brushing off things that he did because perhaps at some point in time they won't matter, or b) he knows something, and has for awhile, that we don't.

My dad, in looking for jobs last night, told me the army was hiring chemists to work on being able to develop technology to dismantle chemical weapons... big ones.

Do you think we're getting closer to another attack, or have the terrorists done their job in scaring me?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I don't think he knows but he does anticipate there will be one. I think a terrorist biggest dream is to cause turmoil and panic in the US. It is only a matter of time before they find a way to do so. That is why I say Obama economic plan will suffer because he also will be tied up with terrorism and world affair that is constantly changing on just about daily basis.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Okay, if he anticipates one (which the government has done for awhile) then why aren't we more informed? There is Ready.gov, right? But how do we know what to expect ? Ar the odds in favor of a nuke or a bioweapon? Why can't we know?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't doubt that there will be attempts to make an attack soon. Wasn't it Obama's VP who said that he'd face a big challenge soon after taking office?

Besides anyone who is any good at stratagy would realize that the transition time is a period of weakness for the US relatively speaking cause everyone that was kicked out stays out and the new directors have to learn their jobs. Not to mention Obama has to be briefed on all of the capabilities and resources at hand, what is and isn't legal, so on and so forth.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Bush knows nothing (Cheney on the other hand I won't touch) and is actually making a statement that has some sense to it, and honestly should be looked at on its own, not tainted Bush-speak.

For some reason I feel dirty now though after saying that. *shudder*

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't think Bush knows anything we don't. Rather, I think Cheney and some other members of the cabinet might. You also have to remember that presidents rarely write what they say. Everything goes through a lot of editors and people that cut up and piece together everything. I think it's fair enough to say that the president is nothing more than a puppet.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The question should be "Who DOESN'T know there will be another attack?

We still have a few terrorists out there that hate us, now we have a very weak incoming President who will be no where close to Bush in fighting them. Of course we will be attacked again.

new topics

top topics

join