It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Refuses to Abort Twins With Two Heads, One Body Monday, January 12, 2009

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waldy
This is a very tough one. Most people would have abortion in situation like that but there is always a chance it could be a "twin"dividual like Abby and Brittany which have had a very nice life...

Wonderful video! Wonder if she could find access to it? It may give her tremendous hope! Excellent addition!!

Thank you, for posting.

Pax

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

They still have a 20% chance of surviving according to the article... That's worth it, I think. Plus, many people birth children with 0% chance of survival just to spend that little time with them.

The research that I just did on previous twin cases in the past, you're right, does not show survival of both twins if they share a heart. However. If they are separated, one may survive.

If not separated, looks like 20% still.

I don't know. It would be feasible if somebody was very anti-abortion and you may end up with the two conjoined and alive, or one alive but separated and the other dead.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

The 20 percent is due to the fact that is only one hart to support the twins if born with completed normal functioning brains.

But many twins born like this either have one head that is parasitic or the small hart can not support the two brains demands.

Is many conjoined twins with individual and fuse organs that live healthy lives, but not many that can survive with one hart.

Perhaps the baby will be born healthy and with one normal head and brain and just a parasitic head that could be remove with not injuries to the normal side.

this is one that will be worth to follow up to see how the baby is born.

I been trying to find more information on one shared hart but I can not find any.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Jemison,

Thanks for understanding what it takes to raise a special needs child. You seem to have a very realistic grasp of exactly what is involved.

I admire and commend you for your ability to raise 4 children, and they are so close together. You brought up a very good point. That is, if you have other
children along with a special needs child it creates a situation where the other
children may feel they do not get enough attention. Having a special needs
child impacts every decision you make. It effects the whole family. The last thing I wanted was a child centered family. When God chose to give us our son my world and expectations were turned upside down.

I think about this woman and the child/children she will have and my heart truly breaks for her. Until one is faced with raising a special needs child, they will not truly understand the process.

My hope for her family is that love and support will be showered upon her in abundance and an extra amount of patience will be bestowed. Cause Lord knows she is going to need it! And you know what I am talking about.lol!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

The 20 percent is due to the fact that is only one hart to support the twins if born with completed normal functioning brains.

But many twins born like this either have one head that is parasitic or the small hart can not support the two brains demands.

Is many conjoined twins with individual and fuse organs that live healthy lives, but not many that can survive with one hart.

Perhaps the baby will be born healthy and with one normal head and brain and just a parasitic head that could be remove with not injuries to the normal side.

this is one that will be worth to follow up to see how the baby is born.

I been trying to find more information on one shared hart but I can not find any.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by marg6043]

Marg,
Thank you, for all your valuable research
It really helps shed some light on the situation! You actually touched on the best case scenario. If the baby was born healthy and with one normal head and brain, with a parasitic head that could be removed without any injury to the normal side.

Also, I am familiar with twins that have severe anomalies while in utero feeding off the other twin. In other words the stronger fetus takes over for the weaker one, the weaker one dies (the tissue) and you have just one healthy embryo. I will look around and see what I can find, to further explain this kind of phenomenon.

Again thank you to everyone for their interest and opinions.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

www.phreeque.com...

I think we're talking about dicephalus twins here, right? This is different from parasitic. Also, even though one conjoined twin is always smaller (according to the APSA www.eapsa.org...) there doesn't have to be a large difference in size. I think that they probably know what to expect based on the ultrasounds, and I'm sure that no matter what, the mother made the right decision for her children.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Thanks, that is why I don't condemn the woman for choosing to wait for her baby to be born, I think is the decision she finds best.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Is many advances in the medical field specially in Europe that can do wonders with fetal problems.

But is a reason why she was given the choice I guess her doctor or doctors see things different, still I think she made the right choice and wait.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i love babies and children and i'm very strongly against abortion ...
but in this ladies shoes i'd terminate. i couldn't subject my children to such a high risk of pain and suffering when the prognosis is so bleak anyway.

that's just me though.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Actually she is only in her 9th week so is to early to see the role of the one of the twins in the life of the other.

Like I said it could be a parasitic twin and still a healthy body and brain.

But that is a risk that the mother is taking.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Actually she is only in her 9th week so is to early to see the role of the one of the twins in the life of the other.

Like I said it could be a parasitic twin and still a healthy body and brain.

But that is a risk that the mother is taking.

yep - her choice and i wish them all the very best.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And what is prayer going to do? How will your prayer be directed?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

And what is prayer going to do? How will your prayer be directed?

Prayer can and has done amazing things. I have witnessed this in my own life as well as the lives of others.

Simply, my prayer would be and is, that God give her the strength, courage, and wisdom to do His will in this matter. That no matter what happens He give her utmsot peace. That He guide the steps of the doctors and all those involved in her case.

If you are against prayer and do not believe it will work, that is fine. It is your personal choice. What would you do in these circumstances?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes, a gift from god that child is, prayer certainly is needed, for this child, for the mother and for all of you god believing prayer freaks..

a gift from god ? a two headed freak child is a gift from god ?

you cant even call it a freak of nature, because nature is perfect...

no, we humans are the freaks, we humans are the odd ones out, so out of tune with nature and the universe, and this is what we get.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellsing

Yes, a gift from god that child is, prayer certainly is needed, for this child, for the mother and for all of you god believing prayer freaks..

a gift from god ? a two headed freak child is a gift from god ?

you cant even call it a freak of nature, because nature is perfect...

no, we humans are the freaks, we humans are the odd ones out, so out of tune with nature and the universe, and this is what we get.

Pretty obvious that you don't have children. So does that mean every child who is not normal in your eyes, is less than 'a freak of nature',
and we should treat them like yesterday's garbage?

I happen to believe every child is a precious! "Beauty is in the eyes of the
beholder" Now if you will excuse me before I say something I may regret,
"my human less than freak of nature wants a hug"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I believe the human race is capable of so much more than this, at present we are a pathetic, feeble and sickly excuse of a race.

We have the technology to be so much more

but it is because of people like you who hold onto "faith" and would oppose stem cell research, and cybernetic implants.

We should eradicate all diseased DNA

this is the only way the human race will survive

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I believe the human race is capable of so much more than this, at present we are a pathetic, feeble and sickly excuse of a race.

We have the technology to be so much more

but it is because of people like you who hold onto "faith" and would oppose stem cell research, and cybernetic implants.

We should eradicate all diseased DNA

this is the only way the human race will survive

Hellsing is it? Nice name! Anyway let's look at what you posted:

"I believe the human race is capable of so much more than this, at present we are a pathetic, feeble and sickly excuse of a race.

We have the technology to be so much more"

Ya see, here is my take on it. Maybe these so called "freaks of nature" as you so eloquently stated, or as I would say these babies being born with anomalies are due to the overuse of technology, genetic experimentation and cybernetic implants. While not ever hearing of the latter I will assume sometime type of robotics.

Our inability to accept our natural or God given limitations could be the very
catalyst that sets a situation like this in motion.

As humans we are never satisfied with what we have, until we no longer
have it. And we will sink to the depths of depravity to have more.

"but it is because of people like you who hold onto "faith" and would oppose stem cell research, and cybernetic implants."

How does my own personal belief which you know nothing of by the way,
concern or effect you?

We discuss, and sometimes attack the message, not the messenger. Just a heads up to help you out.

[edit on 01/12/2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You who hold onto faith, meaning christians, it is christians who oppose these things, because they say it is an abomination in the eyes of god.

no direct attack at you as a person, but a direct attack at your faith and religion...

Yes, certain things in the world today might cause certain "anomolies" at birth,
but that is because we are using far outdated technology.

My point is, religion should go ou the door, it has no place in our society, it brings no real good to humanity.

technology should be worshipped instead, it brings progress to us as a human race, and in 300 years time with enough research, humans could have eradicated disease completely, and extended the average lifespan by hundreds of years.

instead we sit here now, praying to a god who doesn't exist, believing he will heal us and help us, well i don't see much help out there, what i see is chaos and nature taking it's path as usual.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You who hold onto faith, meaning christians, it is christians who oppose these things, because they say it is an abomination in the eyes of god.

no direct attack at you as a person, but a direct attack at your faith and religion...

Yes, certain things in the world today might cause certain "anomolies" at birth,
but that is because we are using far outdated technology.

My point is, religion should go ou the door, it has no place in our society, it brings no real good to humanity.

technology should be worshipped instead, it brings progress to us as a human race, and in 300 years time with enough research, humans could have eradicated disease completely, and extended the average lifespan by hundreds of years.

instead we sit here now, praying to a god who doesn't exist, believing he will heal us and help us, well i don't see much help out there, what i see is chaos and nature taking it's path as usual.

I'm sorry you feel this way. You yourself, stated that nature was perfect.
Was perfect born out of chaos? No through Intelligent design. If you look around in the universe, you will see that everything in nature can be explained by a mathematical equation. Mathematical equations are not formed hap-hazardly! Think about it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Nature is perfect, humans are far from it

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join