It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird feelings and chills every time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Hey all,

This is my first post here... so be gentle.

I've always had this thing where I would get chills and start to shake slightly when I passed cemetaries. This always happened very "unconciously"... I never thought about it. It would just happen.. even if I wasn't aware of the fact that there even was a cemetary or dead animal anywhere near me. I would become aware after the fact.

The last few years I got into a very odd habit. Whenever I would pass a cemetary or an animal that was killed on the road I would cross myself. Immediately following I would get very cold, and shake. This would only last for maybe 10-20 seconds.

Is this something that is normal for people? I'm not "freaked out" about it. I was just always curious why I felt that way.

Thanks for any info.

Derek

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would say, that you could feel death. I'm not talking about the man with a sickle, but lifelessness. I feel that way when around those situations, so you're not alone.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
i live right down the street from a cementary and embrace it... i dunno i kinda like it

Me and a few friends used to walk in there (2 at a time) and smoke in there at night no problem

oh well, i dont know that your experiencing though, thats strange.

Are you afraid of death?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
IKnowNothing is probably correct when he mentions 'sensing death'. Some people believe that Death is an entity of itself - Azrael, the Angel of Death. Certain of these people say that they can sense and 'use' what they call the 'Death energy', which (they state) is always around cemetaries etc.

When I was looking through the net looking for information to include in Pisky's ATS Story, I came across this site: Westgate. They mention this 'death energy' I spoke of earlier. Please note, some of the people on the boards advocate entering old tombs in order to come into contact with the current 'inhabitants'.

It's an interesting site, but I'd rather not meet some of their members on a dark night. Fecking scary buggers.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, it appears you may have a deep connection with the dead. Certain people are able to 'feel' the energies of those not living.

This is not a curse, believe me.

Another possibility might be a subconscious fear of death. You may not even consciously know it, but you have unfinished business on Earth. Seek out your destiny. Be all you can be!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As long as I can recall i've never had a fear of death. The only time I can ever recall was in 4th grade where I was in a pretty deep funk for a few days because I feared my parents death. But I'm 27 now and nothing has come of it since then. Both parents are alive and well and the thought has not crossed my mind in quite some time.

I do recall when I was 17-19 hanging out with friends in a really old grave yard (head stones from the 1860's). They went down there to drink. Alot of them messed around and sat on the head stones and stuff. I do recall getting really angry at that... I also had those feelings then too.

Derek

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
As long as I can recall i've never had a fear of death. The only time I can ever recall was in 4th grade where I was in a pretty deep funk for a few days because I feared my parents death. But I'm 27 now and nothing has come of it since then. Both parents are alive and well and the thought has not crossed my mind in quite some time.

I do recall when I was 17-19 hanging out with friends in a really old grave yard (head stones from the 1860's). They went down there to drink. Alot of them messed around and sat on the head stones and stuff. I do recall getting really angry at that... I also had those feelings then too.

Derek

Interesting. Tell me, when was the most recent death of a person you knew?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Most recent death of a person I knew was my grandfather when I was in 10th grade. I wasn't close to him.

I just recalled a situation... which was around when I was 17-18... And I'm wondering if this was the cause... as this is right around when I started feeling this way.

I was driving with my ex girlfriend down a side street by my house. This was around 10pm at night. I noticed on the left side of the road (wooded) there were tail lights flashing.. I thought this was weird because I didn't recall their being any driveways around. For some reason this really bothered me to see this but I didn't stop. After I dropped her off, I headed home past the same location. Only this time there were police and fire trucks all over the place. I thought nothing more of it until the next day when I leared that 2 people died and were burned beyond recognition in a car crash at that exact spot. Aparently it was this kid (who my ex knew) who took his new mustang out for a ride on his birthday. They must have been really drunk because there were no skid marks or anything.. they just ran up the hill and hit a tree.

The most disturbing part to me, and what bothers me to this day was.. I was told they died on impact from someone who was on the ambulance squad that I knew who responded. What troubles me is the fact that I didn't stop and at least help. Even if they were dead I could have tried to move them from the car so they weren't burned beyond recognition.

That is the only death event in my life that has ever troubled me.. and I didn't even know the people. Maybe its my so called connection with death? I don't know. I don't know what to make of it. I still think about it from time to time, but I certainly wouldn't say it is something that haunts me all the time...

PS- On that particular road there have been numerous car accidents and 2 murders (1 man shot in the head and killer never found, and another time a head washed up in the lake on the road)... gruesom.. Its a troubled area.

Derek

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Well that very likely may be a contribution to what you are describing; subconscious guilt. If that indeed is the cause, a helpful remedy could be to visit this place where the man died. Have you tried that?

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yes been there a few times. I even recall having a dream where he "forgave" me... Tho I never really felt like I needed to be forgiven. Ever since that dream I've not had a "guilty" feeling about it.. but still regret.

But still around that time was when the chills came. I mean.. to me its a little weird.. I see a dead squirl, I cross myself and I get chills and shake? Its just weird.

Derek

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I get this feeling around certain people too.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Greetings.

Yes, I have also sensed the energy of death, while visiting a cemetery one day.

It was disgusting feeling, like some kind of a filth, that made me physically nauseous until I left the cemetary.

The thing I found most disturbing was, that I sensed that the energy there was in somekind of a stasis. There were definitely energy there, but it was in a state, that it seemed to me as it was imprisioned there.

It seemed almost, like the death energy was holding the other energy that was there in stasis.

Just reminds me why I don't want to be buried in cemetaries.

BF.

top topics

join