It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet Is Something They Did Not Foresee.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good Afternoon All,
First I just wanted to thank all you here for making ATS quite enjoyable to me for the past few months. I am an avid reader and only today signed up to be a part of this great community.

With pleasantries aside I would like to make a point that I believe go's to the heart of all things ATS.

The NWO never thought the internet would be what it has turned out to be...a highway of collaboration and the search for truth.

I have been here for months and other places throughout the years since Prodigy and my trusty 486. Over time I have seen the internet truly become a way that political lies get debunked and when truth (although rare) finds it way through to the masses. When Mass Media gets shown for the idiots that they are.

I truly believe down to my bones the internet would have never been allowed to be or flurish if they knew what it has become. I see topics here today about where was the Bush Marshall Law push or How come Iran has not been attacked. Well the answer is simple, the masses saw with clear eyes through the tubes of the intarweb.

Time magazine had it right a couple of years ago when they put the internet and us as the "People Of The Year" because the internet found its greatest strength.

It's a testament to ATS users down to the blogs that talk about how to make the perfect mojito that we all got together to talk about our world. As long as the wild west that is the internet stays ashore truth has a chance.

Once again I thank everyone here on the knowledge and fun you all have shown me and Viva La Intarweb and all of its "tubes".

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
actually we have had alot of discussions on this very topic before , but usually it happens as a subtopic found deep in a large thread at random

theres been alot of good points made by people about how people just 300-800 years ago totally didnt forsee many things, the internet, airplanes , round earth

but, a very compelling fact, is that if we go back 3000 years, there were cultures who did know the earth was round

and they did forsee flying craft of some sort

and, it could be argued, that some "prophets" did envision a form of internet type communication system

the flying craft and round earth examples of course are more common to find however

the question is , what if the "illuminati" actually forsaw the internet and wanted all of us to get it?

and wanted all of us to go crazy about them and cause a "situation x"?

and therefore give perfect reason for world govt

i could be wrong tho

[edit on 12-1-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If people didn't know the earth was round - what did they think a year was meant to signify? The sun's trip around the Earth would supposedly take a day - so then what was the point of the year?

new topics

join