It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hmmm Michelle Obama Resigns as VP and Position is Phased Out Upon Her Departure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
She was leaving anyways. It is about the appointment. That is the issue here. 300k as a liaison? Sounds like a lobbyist to me...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
If there is some hard evidence that the Obama's used his new position as Senator to get his wife that job, then fine, that was wrong.

But until then, this isn't much of a story to me

That is exactly the lackadaisical type attitude people have that has gotten us to where we are now as a nation.

Quick, turn on your TV, American Idol is almost on.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

And just WHY isn't this much of a story to me! (yet!)

Quick, let's check out some facts, let's see if the economy is affecting hospitals!

Chicago Hospital Hangs For Sale Sign, Citing Credit Crunch
A Chicago Hospital Closes, Starved for Capital and Buyerless
Hospital Industry Braces For Tough Times
Report: Economy is sickening U.S. hospitals
Hospitals making cuts due to economy
Ailing economy puts hospitals on critical list
Hospitals struggle with economic side effects
More than half of Alabama hospitals reporting their finances are losing money

Hmmm, could this be why they aren't filling the position she's leaving?

Originally posted by Alxandro
That is exactly the lackadaisical type attitude people have that has gotten us to where we are now as a nation.

And this kind of jumping to conclusions is what got us into Iraq because there were WMD!

Which, in fact, helped get this nation to where it is today!

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Thank you! Jesus. I posted up one and it got dismissed like it was nothing. Hospitals are fairly recession proof, but this isn't a typical recession.

They are hurting pretty bad.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Just a thought:

We are in a major recession. Not sure if you guys have heard of that. Generally the medical field is fairly recession proof, and I'm sure they are doing fine, but even they are feeling the effects of the spiraling economy.

While most of the cuts are entry level and low wage employees, even the high-overhead upper management jobs are being completely phased out for the time being.

I'm not even sure how this is "news worthy" unless you have some real reason to believe something fishy is/was going on.

And it's not in the least bit suspicious that the position didn't exist prior to her being there (the raise was what, a fringe benefit?) and won't exist now that she's gone. No, not in the least bit suspicious at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It's not exactly unheard of that a position be created for a powerhouse individual. You know, the type of person who graduates with honors from Princeton.

And of course it is no great mystery why the job would be scrapped after she left.

What exactly are you suggesting she did?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Breaking News: An Employee Quits
and the Job Does Not Get Filled

That's weird, loses its effect when it's not mud aimed at a public figure.

[edit on 1/12/2009 by Irish M1ck]

Well just what do people who makes 300k plus do? Did she even have an office and staff? What were her primary responsibilities, achievements and track record? A person who makes that kind of money is either making or saving a lot more for the company to make their job worth it.

How does a job worth 300k plus disappear or become obsolete after two years? Sounds like they could have outsourced it for far less if the job was a temp.

Why does her job title mean absolutely nothing to anyone who reads it.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

It's not exactly unheard of that a position be created for a powerhouse individual. You know, the type of person who graduates with honors from Princeton.

And of course it is no great mystery why the job would be scrapped after she left.

What exactly are you suggesting she did?

No, I suppose that's true. Still there is:

1. She was promoted to the position after Obama took the Senate seat
2. The position didn't exist before; but how did they ever get along without that position???
3. The position included a significant pay raise; sounds like a pretty important position
4. The position won't exist again now that she's gone. Must not have been THAT important.

In case you're waiting for someone to say it, then here it is - it smells like someone's husband used some special favors and/or influence to get a nice cushy seat created for the little missus at her job - Chicago political influence stretching as far as it does in that city, after all.

Of course it's all speculation. We won't ever know one way or the other.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

It should be looked into. I won't disagree with that.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Wonder when she collected her last cheque?

I'll bet she did a bang up job for the hospital during the past year while she was on the road campaigning for her husband.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Reminder to Irish Mick:

This is a conspiracy theory website. Therefore, when something (like this) happens and it could be part of a conspiracy, we are free and even encouraged to discuss it.

Where there is smoke there is often fire, and it looks like there is plenty of smoke here. If all you can offer is a dogmatic (look it up if necessary) defense of anything and everything obama, save it it because we've heard it all before.

With this issue, it is a combination of the people involved, the timing and the large amounts of money for her salary that are making people ask questions and make it more than just the same thing happening to the average worker.

[edit on 1/13/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

You forgot something. Breaking News: An employee is promoted to a job when her husband is elected to a position where he can do his wife's employer some good. The employee is then given a raise that is out of all proportion to the job she does. When the employee steps down, there is nobody waiting who is a wife of a state senator to fill the job so it gets eliminated.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I am surprised that Blago's wife wasn't chomping at the bit to get that sweet job.
BTW Michelle's part time salary dropped to $100k while she went part time during the campaign. Why didn't she just take a part time weekend job at J. Crew to get the discounts?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

I am surprised that Blago's wife wasn't chomping at the bit to get that sweet job.
BTW Michelle's part time salary dropped to $100k while she went part time during the campaign. Why didn't she just take a part time weekend job at J. Crew to get the discounts?

J. Crew? Is that where she got the infamous 'black widow spider' dress?

Who says Blago's wife wasn't after that job? Maybe events just happened a little faster than they all calculated.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Hey, as long as you can prove all of that, we've got no problem. So far, all you really know is that she had the job, and that after she left it wasn't refilled.

That's all you know. You think she either didn't deserved the pay or the job (or both). Whatever, that's fine. Don't state things as fact when you can't prove them to be true.

reply to post by centurion1211

Again, there is a political conspiracy forum if you guys want to go crazy on stuff. Do and say anything you want there, I don't care. In fact, you can hint at most things here, and I'm fine with it.

However, when people make non-sequitur observations and state them as fact, I have to call BS.

And statements like this:

Originally posted by centurion1211
J. Crew? Is that where she got the infamous 'black widow spider' dress?

Really? What are you on queer eye for the straight guy? Who gives a damn?

[edit on 1/13/2009 by Irish M1ck]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm not expecting to see any change in US politics.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Certainly seems sort of suspicious if you ask me. Enough so, that yeah.... I'm probably going to lean towards some very obvious conclusions.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
oops edit, let me try again

[edit on 033131p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

BTW Michelle's part time salary dropped to $100k while she went part time during the campaign.

Still 100,000 huh?

No wonder this county is tanking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join