It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hospitals being asked to stock up on Blood Supplies for post Obama inauguration??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Sorry guys and gals... I do not have a link. I have tried a few searches to be able to see if I could find any articles on this so this is going to be one of those he said she said....

Leaving names out and particular hospitals, I am in direct contact with a VP of a very large hospital in Southern California and she verified that multiple major hospitals including her own have been asked to stock up on the blood supplies for "possible riots after Obama takes office."

These orders came in from their Threat Management Teams. Each hospital has a threat management team to assess what is going on and what to prepare for on both a national and a local level. The only thing this person could say was that multiple hospitals have come to the exact same conclusions. This could mean either the threat management teams of competing hospitals either communicate with each other or they received their instructions from the same source which would be my guess.

I would normally pass this off as a better safe than sorry type of scenario and nothing suspicious except for Joe Biden's and Powell's comments concerning upcoming scenarios at the end of the month.

Can anyone else that works in the Healthcare industry verify this or refute this?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Riots from who?

Seriously, does anyone know anyone who is planning to riot?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How often does a citizen "plan" a riot? Generally speaking riots start out peaceful, then escalate thanks to a few in the crowd. "planning" riots is a tactic used by the cia(and other organizations), and is a good charge to use to arrest people of power (ruben salazaar anyone?)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I work in the healthcare field and daily have to update the MERCS roster ( a list that can be accessed by FEMA to determine which hospital has available beds in the event of a large scale disaster/emergency).

I have not heard anything about needing to stock up on blood for an anticipated emergency.

Since riots are expected and being planned for, I don't doubt that there will be some uprising (however minor). Preparing by stockpiling blood products would not be a bad idea but it's not happening in my area anyway.

Maybe the left coast is more volatile than the "heartland"? They may be stocking up but we're not.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Actually where I am there's a huge buzz to hurry and donate blood etc. Apparently red cross is either low in general around the world or if it's just here then meh. But in newspapers here they are advertising how they have such low amounts of blood. I don't know if it's connected but I've been wondering about it because it was actually being pushed SO much here.

Edit to add - I'm in Southwest GA.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Boogley]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Where are you at Whitewave?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Boogley

Ya those were the articles I could find online about the subject. Encouraging everyone to donate blood because they were low on blood supplies in the midwest area.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I did hear on CNN today that there are riots going on in S Calif in response to the guy who was allegdley shot in the back on new years eve by a police officer. Maybe that is what is going on.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by PammyK

My contact said the riots were anticipated right after Obama inauguration specifically. Which again I would normally pass off, but make me a bit weary given Powell said to expect something to happen around Jan 20th - 21st.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Michigan is reporting low blood supplies due to winter weather

Red Cross reports low supply of blood

WEST MICHIGAN -- The Red Cross needs more blood.

Lori Surge, the local Red Cross blood program coordinator, is issuing yet another plea for donations. She said the agency's donor program -- which helps supply 127 hospitals in Michigan -- is trying to recuperate from a spate of cancellations in December because of the harsh winter weather. Surge estimates the cancellations led to a loss of more than 1,300 donations.

The blood drives are open to the public. No appointment is necessary. Blood donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh at least 110 pounds and be in good general health.

Source

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Also:

January is National Blood Donor Month

'TOUGHEST MONTH'

January is National Blood Donor month. "It's the toughest month for our blood supply," said Miranda McAuliffe, donor campaign manager for the Brooklyn/Staten Island division of the New York Blood Center.

Groups that normally donate other months, decline sharply for a number of reasons during December. Holiday shopping, church activities, and school closings are just a few of the reasons Ms. McAuliffe cited for the decline.

source

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wierd.....
I live in the midwest USA also, last Fri. evening my wife and I went to the movies, and on the way we noticed and spoke about, the 5 different Red Cross donation busses, that we had seen in parking lots.
To our suprise there was one at the movie theatre also.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Could it be they are expecting riots after it is discovered that Mister Obama is not eligible (born in Kenya) to be POTUS?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
donation.. ..in celebration of the Presidential Inauguration.

To promote the donation of 500 extra units of blood from January 4-17, 2009 throughout the Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania counties in celebration of the Presidential Inauguration.

“Helping increase the blood supply in our region captures the positive spirit that we hope will help us to launch many community programs in the future. President Obama has helped many of us believe that we can again make a difference.”

Our Group

Our O-Positive Program Team is derived from volunteers coming from the Be The Change-Baederwood group. All this germinated from the Barack Obama Campaign Headquarters, that was located in the Baederwood Shopping Center in Suburban Philadelphia.

"we hope will help us to launch many community programs in the future"

Sure, giving your blood in the name of Obama is just the first step all good brown-shirts should do. Next they will asking you to give up your job, money, family and soul if you haven't already.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
this is weird im not sure if its real but i dont like it.

weve been hearing alot about strange things that might be happening to us...how do they know this and who are they?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I gave and gave and gave........When I needed help, no one at the red cross would help. and then they asked me if I had any stocks or bonds and how much I had in the bank account.

NO MORE......The only blood they get from me (and they can try) is during a Revolution.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by tiso_us]

top topics

join