It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody besides me have visions of surviving a major earth disaster event?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I was in a discussion in another thread, and I mentioned the fact that when I was a little girl, I had a vision of surviving a major earth disaster.

The vision I had was of me and other "survivors" walking through a forest, on a journey, searching. Searching for what, I'm not sure. A way out of there? A suitable place to settle down? I'm not sure. I don't know how I knew that we were survivors....I just knew. And I also knew that we had survived a major destructive event.

After having the visions, I always kept with me a feeling that I was just "waiting" for something major to happen. When chooosing a career, I always felt that I had to learn skills that could be used if technology failed. When I would pass interesting places on the highway, the thought "that could be a good place to escape to" would come to mind. Truly bizarre things for a child to think.

When 9/11 happened, I just knew that the events that I had forseen were close at hand, and I started having strange thoughts and compulsions to learn new skills. (These thoughts and compulsions didn't happen all the time, but maybe once a year or so.)

The thought kept entering my mind that if a major disaster hit earth and we had no more electricity or manufacturing capacity, that my current job skills (as a pharmacist) would not be very useful. I felt that I needed to learn new skills that I could use in the event of a major disaster. So, I went back to school several times, and now I am also skilled in hypnotherapy and homeopathy. These are healing techniques that you could use without the need of electricity.

Also, after 9/11, I strangely felt that I had to learn how to sail! So, in 2002, I went on a one week sailing course to get certified on a keel-sailboat. I felt it was very important that I had to learn how to navigate and sail on the water. I felt the water would be an excellent place to "escape to" after a major earth disaster.

And then when I started to hear about 2012, well, although my visions never gave me a date, I had a feeling that the event I foresaw was probably going to be then.

Since my first vision, I've had lots of other visions and messages that have come true, and this is the only major one that hasn't come true yet.

I was just wondering if anybody else besides myself have had visions, and what they were? I was thinking that maybe we could put our visions together in a patchwork quilt sort of way and see what we come up with.....to see if a greater picture emerges.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else had these "compulsions" to learn new skills that could be used after a major cataclysm; or to think in "survival terms" since having your vision?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I had visions as a child but they were of a past life or just a really vivid dream. Creativity is fun. Growing up in the 70's and 80's only one thing was on our minds and that was nuclear holocaust. Especially growing up outside of DC. This 2012 is a fad like Y2K.

I wonder how many people that went through Y2k are buying into this 2012 rubbish. Live and learn.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The corn assured me that everything on earth will be fine for a year.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As a child I had quite a few dreams about some large destructive events.

One dream was on the local railroad- There was a train on the railway and a nuclear bomb was in it. It exploded destroying everything.... however the dream called me to start collecting things like flashlights. - I believe that to not be literal but metaphorical.

Another dream was about scientists creating a type of thing in a lab that continuoiusly evolves at a rapid speed, it eventually began to evolve everything it touches... then it began to make viruses stronger, diseases stronger, animals, ourselves at times and it had a very destructive force. To me that symbolized that we as a species should carefully watch what we create in labs, because one day we might spell our own destruction trying to play God.

Another dream... Something was happening to the Earth... not sure and the Creator had asked me to be responsible for raising animals and putting them in these cubes and sending them to mars preparing them to survive as our world dies. that one was odd

Another dream was of my death, the world dropped into chaos and others became very greedy and murderous, so people will come and try to kill you for the things you own. So i was at my parents house and 2-3 people come to kill us... and they do...

Another dream that I had several times in different variations was that we as a species polluted the earth and it left a lot of animals dead, but it didn't leave our dogs dead... as the dogs overbreed they become hungry and learn to hunt in packs and they go around looking for humans to kill and they will sit and wait outside of homes for movement if they smell someone.

Ive had a lot of weird and random dreams.. but those are the ones that stick out the most.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Actually, when you think about it, my situation (being shown visions of disasters and then having compulsions to do something to prepare for life after that disaster) is not that unique.

Think about the story of Noah in the Old Testament. Noah was told that the world would be covered in a great flood and then had compulsions to build a huge ark and bring in 2 of every animal he could find. (Noah said that God told him directly to do that, although that was not the situation in my case.)

Obviously, Noah and his family were not the only ones who survived the flood or who were told to prepare for the flood; other people must have had the same visions and warnings, because there is no way that one family could re-populate the entire earth after a flood.

So, if the same thing that happened in Noah's time is also going to happen in our time, then maybe some of us (with clairvoyant skills) are able to hear the "warnings" and prepare.

When you think about it, my compulsion to learn natural healing skills and to learn how to sail is no less weird than having the compulsion to build a giant ark and round up 2 of every animal!

Oh, also, another skill I felt compelled to learn was journalism. I took a lot of courses in journalism in high school, but although I was a good reporter, I didn't end up pursuing it as a career. Journalism was also one of the other skills I felt I needed to learn. Why? Well, I think I was not only meant to receive messages of a coming disaster, but I feel that whoever warned me of the coming events also wanted me to warn those who don't have clairvoyant abilities.

So, maybe there are others like myself out there.

I'm not religious (although I am spiritual), but I do know that there is a passage in the bible (Corinthians) that says this about "spiritual gifts":

Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit. And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord. There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons. But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

So, for those who mock me, you may want to consider that passage. You may just not have the same spiritual gifts that I do. We all have different gifts.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rjmelter

Thanks so much for sharing those, rjmelter. Wow...those dreams are amazing.

Hopefully more people will post to this.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
One dream I had when very young,I was born in 1972,and this dream i have had when a child was long before I knew any thing of any of the future discussions that are going on now and befor sciFi movies.

The dream is just me and every one I know sitting on the curve in street where I used to live back then, all we do is sit and wait,wait and wait.
That is the whole dream,but, at the end of the dream I look up, and I see a huge dome over the city,the dome is dark red and looks like an biehive, and there the dream stoppes...I still dont know what I was waiting for in that dream even when I have the dream on an regular basis....

Funny isnt it??

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Ever since I was born, I had a major feeling that something will happen around 2012. I could never put any words on it, but I always knew that it will be something very, very important to this planet.

Then i had a very strong vision back in spring 2005. Call me insane: I saw major disasters, Earth is going bananas, storms, earthquakes, etc. About 2/3rd of the Earth population will die and their souls will be transformed to another 3rd dimensional vibrational planet. The rest of us will awaken and it will be a new, good era on this planet.

I didn't knew anything about 2012 before then. Now, I know a lot.

A friend of mine, who is a clairvoyant, had similar vision about 2012 back in 2005. And a lot of her acquaintances as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have dreams of being a survivor of an earthquake in San Francisco. Everything around me is destroyed, few people walking around, buildings on fire, and I am looking for my relatives. I am shouting out for them but no one answers. I walk around just looking at the chaos. I can feel the aftershocks and I am constantly looking around to make sure that nothing falls on me. Funny thing is that I have no relatives in SF, they reside in Fresno. I also live in Texas. The dreams are disturbing but I attribute them to hearing about earthquakes in Cali all the time.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, everyone. These are great. Keep 'em coming!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I had a dream a couple weeks ago. It started out being a 'normal' dream, as normal as these things come, but towards the very end something happened.

I remember being at a hospital, where I also worked at the time. I kept looking up at the sky, even though nothing was out there. I went inside the hospital and talked to a few friends from real life who were also in scrubs at the time. I went back outside looking for my car, and it was at about this time things kind of got nutty.

I looked back up at the sky, and since I had been inside it had turned a hue of orange. There were helicopters all over the place and when I looked down there were soldiers hurrying about carrying their guns and ignoring. I got the feeling something was very wrong.

I forgot about my car and started running to a town I know in real life that would've been about a 30 minute drive from where I was. Somehow I was able to reach the town in just a little over 10 minutes (my subconscious is pulling all these numbers regarding my dream for me, I knew the distances and elapsed time of events in my dream the moment I woke up.) I was in the town looking for family and friends, and it was at about this time that I woke up.

Pretty strange to me, especially since that entire week I had extremely vivid dreams, mostly regarding ET's. I also never dream about stuff like this, its mostly just me and some friends from reality running around doing stupid stuff or looking for a party or whatnot.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's always the 'Meteor' scene for mine.
Since around 4yr old

Some of the conditions vary, but it's always the same cause.

In some it's just a wipeout,standing there while a tidalwave of fire and ash rushes toward you from the horizon after the impact.

Other times it's a race to head underground while flaming rocks fall from the sky.

My favourite is the wall of water scene.
Just because I'd always make it up the hill with seconds to spare.

Who says you don't burn many calories while you sleep?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thanks to all who have sent me private U2U e-mails and shared their visions, too.
It's good to know that I'm not the only one!

Ok, because I now know that there are others out there besides myself, I want to talk about two other experiences I had, related to my visions.

First, when I was in 2nd grade (this was one year before my visions began) I was on my bike riding in the street in front of my house. Then all of a sudden, I found myself suddenly surrounded by a tunnel of light. The bike just stopped moving, too. I couldn't see anything past this curtain of blue-white light that surrounded me. I looked up into the sky, and all I saw was a tunnel of light. And then....that's it....nothing more.

I have often wondered if that experience is what "triggered" me to start having visions the next year. I have also often wondered if there are any other people who have had those kinds of experiences (such as being surrounded by a tunnel of light, etc...) before their visions started?

I didn't mention another very important thing in my original post, but I'm going to now. One night about a week after 9/11, I was sitting on the couch, and all of a sudden, I started being able to see into time. It was like I was ahead of the time curve, but only for a few minutes; I knew what was going to happen a few minutes before it happened.

The entire experience started to totally freak me out, and I got up from the couch and started walking around my apartment. Then, I started to have a strong feeling that "the time is now; this is why you are here; this is why you were born in this time period." Then, an amazing mystical experience began to happen.

The mystical experience was overpowering....I can barely even describe it. Words really can't do it justice, but I'll try. I saw light all around me....but instead of coming from outside of me, this time I felt it coming from within me. It was so bright....so incredibly bright.

And then I felt.....I don't know how else to describe it, but I felt that like a gajillion bits of information was downloaded into me at once. It was amazing; I felt that in the space of one minute, I now understood every religion that ever was. It was overwhelming.

Unfortunately, the entire situation totally blew my mind. The only way I can describe it is to say that too much energy....too much information that came down at once. But it was incredible, never the less.

Also, since that experience, not only have I had compulsions to learn new skills to prepare for a major disaster, but I've also felt a greater pull towards the spiritual and the mystical. And then in 2002, I started to become totally fascinated with crop circles. I felt that surely whoever is creating them is trying to convey important messages to us at this critical period in time. I thought: maybe they (the circle makers) are also trying to give us warnings of what is to come.

Why am I sharing this? Because I feel that if a major disaster does happen, it could also have positive ramifications, too. Or, maybe whatever is warning me/us of what is to come in our future... is also giving us a choice to embrace a new spiritual way of living. Who knows.....

Anybody else have those experiences? I'm sure I can't be the only one.

[edit on 12-1-2009 by nikiano]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I sent you a U2U instead

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Some of you might also be interested in reading this other thread I started this week, entitled:

Hypothesis: Could the "New World Order" be referring to a world-wide post-2012 survival plan?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

Wow! OK here is what I will say. I've know about something all my life. I see me and other walking through the woods. I'm walking up a hill or a path in these woods and I'm smiling so its OK. However we have gone through something as a group. 2 yrs ago I became interested in learning all I could about serving's with no electricity and I don't know why. I can now make stoves out of coke cans, purify water with plastic bottles and the sun. I don't know why all of this became so important, but I to look at places and see escape routes to higher ground while I'm driving. I've seen water all around us but were safe in a way, don't ask me to explain what all this means. I am a professional man with 2 college degrees. I'm asking people all around me in subtle ways "hay are you guys feeling anything strange with life in general. I don't mean the economy, I don't mean wars and things, its more like asking do you feel like the other shoe is going to drop, I guess! No one understands what I mean because I don't know what I mean. I'm ready though even when others are not. To a normal person this could sound very much like B.S, but I know its not. Good Luck with what ever it is, but its coming soon.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Yes, something is coming and it's coming soon. I have never had any visions or dreams that I remember concerning this but I have never had a bad feeling about any of this 2012 stuff either. For some reason, I am very excited about it and question myself every day as to why I am excited about it.

top topics

join