It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. airlines fly 2 years without fatality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

U.S. airlines fly 2 years without fatality

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- For the first time since jet airliners took to the sky, U.S. carriers have gone two years without a single passenger fatality.

Thus, the two-year streak in 2007 and 2008 is all the more remarkable, considering that airlines ferried more than a billion passengers.

"That stellar record isn't something that came about by accident," David Castelveter, spokesman for the ATA industry group, told CNN.

"If you see a child in the airport today or tomorrow," said Barnett, "that child has a greater chance of growing up to be president than failing to reach his or her destination safely."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In my perspective air safety is underestimated by the general populace in our country. I've met many who have a fear of flying but none that have a fear of getting into a car. Car crashes however, are the primary cause of death under age 37:

"Car accidents are currently the number one killer of people between the ages of 1 and 37 in the United States. Car accidents, crashes, and collisions cause about 3 million injuries a year, 2 million of which are permanent and crippling injuries per year. 40,000 people die in car accidents every year in the United States alone. " www.hugesettlements.com...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A truely monumental achievement.

Exellent work.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks! I noticed how slow and little play good news gets in the media. It has always been a mystery to me but I guess by nature we crave bad news that shocks us just like for many people there's a thrill in horror movies.

top topics

join