Survival w/ Family when TSHTF

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If nothing happens then I will be happy, but if SHTF then il be happy that Im ready and able to survive. Hopefully things wont be so bad in the beginning so as to prevent me from getting out of the city because things will definitely be bad in and around San Francisco. Anyone know a better way than to try and brave the traffic?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Natural disasters are a way of this Earth. There are cycles that they go through. Intensifying and then settling down.

There are more people on this Earth today than there ever have been, therefore when any natural disaster happens, it seems like the most megarrific thing because more people die. It's just how it's going to be, and how it's going to stay.

I'm glad that my "domesticated" brain is part of this project that "they" have been making for a long long time. I'm happy to know that I'm in the political system already.

Anywho, yarr.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Looking at the global financial drisis we are entering, you do not even have to have some kind of "disaster" to know you better have plans.
What do you do when there are millions of unemployed, homeless, cold, wet, hungry people with nothing to do? That know you have food in your house!

I truly believe we will enter into another great Depression real soon. I believe it will be even worse than 1929, probably on a level with the Panic of 1873. Read your history, that was worse than the great depression.

How will folks handle it this time? There are already people in every state living in tents. Tent cities are popping up even in places like Las Vegas.

It is possible we will see another 7 to 13 million people unemployed this year. What do we do with all of them? My wife got layed-off in October 08. I got layed-off in December 08. We have about 6 months before we cannot pay for our house any longer. Where do we go? It is a scary feeling, let me tell you.

Conclusion

In total we see the US economy losing between seven and 13 million jobs by the end of 2009 representing a 5% to 10% increase in unemployment. Our forecasts during this crisis have tended to be on the optimistic side; steeper job losses cannot be ruled out, especially if other feedback loops intensify. For example, rising unemployment will lead to a further 20% to 40% decline in real estate prices as households lose access to income to pay mortgage debt. A further tightening of credit as the pool of credit-worthy borrowers contracts means even deeper losses in Wholesale Trade, leading to more unemployment, and so on.

Unemployment byIndustry

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

ps. Before someone says move, that isn't an option right now though I am working on it.

Be it that no one is 100% sure what to plan for, so how would you plan for it? You would want to plan ahead for some unseen event does occur, that you have a safe place to meet up with your family. You are correct in not wanting to put yourself in a situation where you are outnumbered so why would you? After all this is a crisis that humanity may face, so it's not like your really alone out there. Just remember that you try to have some communication about some unseen event that could occur and have a basic plan of action should that unforseen event occur.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

That's not an unusual response.

I think most people are hung-up on the Hollywood approach. There is an element of indoctrination; the portrayal of the loving/estranged parent who moves mountains and saves the day.

The reality is somewhat different. I hear talk of the 'maternal instinct' and frankly, for gender reasons, I'm pleased I don't have that.

If you believe you have some primal urge to protect your offspring then fine, this is commendable. I don't believe I have this instinct for this child for whatever reason. Mine is old enough to take care of herself (if she wishes).

It's a truth. If TSHTF you may find your own desire to live takes priority over that of others. It may sound shocking but there it is.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
How about this:

Get out of town before the first signs of trouble.

Sitting around waiting for the final moment is the worst idea you can have.

Get rid of your persent location, move out to the country side, make sure to start a new life much more independent and self-sufficiant.

What would be this magic "go signal" that only you will notice and not anyone else of the millions of inhabitants of NYC with surroundings? Huh?

Sorry if I sound harsh or sarcastic or whatever, but if you are so keen on getting through this alive with family and all, you must act years ahead of this SHTF.

Am I being clear enough?

So many people get obsessed with preparations they forget what they are preparing for.

And concerning the "hysteria" of it all; I think it is a good thing that people are getting the idea that living cramped together in a dead-end way of life is not the proper way to spend your life. Upcoming disaster or not, we should all strive to create a more self-sufficiant way of living.
Survivalism is the best hobby and a great way to challange you brain.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The first thing you need to determine, is in what type of environment/climate do you plan to survive in and what is the situation that causes the TSHTF.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hi from old europe
# may happened more likely here. But well it seems You in US are, better prepared...as always, and against all ods!! Good luck to You and to everybody...here mostly we are weaponless and there is big big islamic minority(?)...
To Zaratustra: seem to that most of, not only Ats ers but also most of Humankind wish not to be transformed to something...unnatural
by Your dark wizards...
Good Day

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I don't recall anyone saying it was easy. I do recall other members speaking of sacrifices and difficult decisions and such. Money, albeit necessary to live within the societal norm, is really more of a hindrance.

My point is that the op said "RIGHT NOW" it "WASN"T" an option but he was working on it. I just was making a point because several people kept bringing it up (as did you) as if you just put on sneakers and leave for a new life with an entire family as if it's nothing.As far as money I know it's a hinderence and the entire system i sintentionally flawed and designed to work as it is because it makes everyone dependent on a select few.

Do you own now? If not, then what is the difference between renting here or there?

The difference would be as I stated, the current state of affair. Finding a job to make hindurance money to feed my family. This was my point everyone makes it sound like it's a simple event. It isn't because the first problem in this society is the finances. Without this everyone is doing nothing.

If you do own, could you sell it for a profit?

Have you noticed the economy lately? Selling for a profit? You can't possibly sell anything for a profit let alone a house.

But I digress... making the decision to move for any reason is hard. making a decision to move and change your lifestyle is even harder.

This isn't the problem or a decision I even have to contemplete. I was born in the wrong geographical location. I hate being around people, and their self righteous attitude and crowds of blind, brainless people who just go through the movements of life without giving anything they do, an actual thought .

Humans object to change and cling to the status quo - that is human nature. It is up to each of us indicidually to dig deep within ourselves and mine that which we hold most dear. For me, it is my child and her future.

If I had to actually dig inside to find that my kids are important to me, then I'd be a piece of *snip* and probably wouldn't even be around my family but off somewhere doing selfish things.I work and come home. I literally ( by choice) gave up all the useless people in my life and associate with nobody but my family. I don't drink, smoke or use drugs.Believe me when i tell you I know what matters. I been on both sides of the coin and do EVERYTHING to the extreme. Their aint no half hearted, helf steppin in my life. It's all or nothing.I changed my life to devote it it my family. My will is unbreakable and my determination and persistence will endure till I'm dead.

I appreciate the info but I honestly didn't really need it because I know the answers.It was more of a sarcastic question because (as I stated) everyone keeps making it sound so easy when the resources aren't available. Primordial already stated this and that he was working on it but a few keep mentioning what he already knows.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nirgal

You can't honestly be serious. I wouldn't even leave my parents behind. I would willingly die trying to protect my family. Yeah i want to live and enjoy this misery the world created in my own way but for someone to actually let their kids fend for themselves is selfish. We brought our kids into this world and should be their to assist them esp3ecially in their darkest times. If she is in another state or didn't want your help I could understand but are you just making this choice for her< What if she wanted your help?I know, being a man, my instinct is to protect my family. This is an actual peice of me and extension of my lief. Flesh,blood DNA.

You're right about one thing though. Everyone has this hollywood movie thing going on. You can't plan it because as I stated EVERy scenario will NEVER be played out the same no matter how many times you practice it.Guns, ammo, food, water and awarness are the key.The rest is fate, Destiny or God/natures will.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
FEMA already has reservations for about 15 MM (including the chronically unemployed who will become a burden on a society that cant afford to take care of them anymore).

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
You are right. They are planning on culling 90% of the world population of what they call "useless" eaters. Google, if you dare, NSSM 200 the actual Depopulation Plan designed by Kissinger, a very evil man, and Haig. the plan for the culling. They are spreading aluminum oxide, Barium Oxide and Barium Chloride which is designed to reduce the persons immune system. This has also killed the honey bees in order to control food production. When the next incident happens, they will declare a national disaster and martial law. There will be several nuclear strikes, speading the Deadly flu virus and many will go to the concentration camps built nationwide. The US Dollar will fall and they will move to the AMERO. This is only the beginning..............

www.youtube.com...

toward the end.....he says that Obama should bring on the NWO
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There has been, in the past week or so, a dramatic increase in these types of threads from different members.
Sooooo weird.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The same in other blogs and threads as well. The situation is massively escalating..........the world order is moving ahead but they are having problems getting it together.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I call this sensation that you are feeling the Quickening. It is very real and I did not get the sensation after coming here and reading all the crack-pot posts. I came here hoping to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing, to maybe find an answer to what is happening. I am no closer to the truth or the answer than you are but I can share an experience that may help in your planning. A number of years back I was talking on the phone with my mother when our emergency siren went off. I paid no attention to it because I thought that it was just a test. After the siren continued for a much longer time than a test would a last I told my mom that I was going to go outside to see what was going on. When I walked outside I noticed that all of my neighbors were standing outside and looking in the direction of the siren as if it was going to suddenly reveal some additional information. None of us said anything to each other; we just stood there looking off into the distance. I told my mother that I would have to call her back because something strange was happening. After ending the call I walked up to one of my neighbors and asked him why we were just standing around looking at nothing. He gave me a very blank look and the others in ear shot turned to me with the same expression. I added, “Doesn’t that siren meant that we should be seeking shelter or moving to an area of safety?” Well this seemed to break the trance because now everyone was talking at once and everyone was wondering what it was that we were to do. One of my neighbors said since that is the siren for the nuclear plant there is not much that we can do because there is only one way out of here and they road will be so packed that no one is going to get very far. He said “If I am going to die I would rather do it at home than stuck out on a highway.” I agreed that what he said made a lot of sense. He then did something that made a huge difference in our lives that day. He invited everyone into his home for a drink. He said if we are going to die we might as well toast the end of a good life and spend what time we had left with friends and family. That was the first time I had ever been in my neighbors house and it was first time that any of us had said more than hello to each other. We spent several hours in fellowship and laughed as we found out that it was only a malfunction of the siren and not a problem with the nuclear plant. We also laughed at how right our neighbor had been when the news showed hours of reporting on how inadequate our evacuation system was because thousand of people where trapped on the highways going nowhere. I say all of this to say this. We can never adequately prepare for an unknown. There will always be something that you will forget or a situation that you just can’t plan for but if you have the love of family and a healthy connection with your neighbors and community you can get through even the darkest times.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If I lived there, I'd get a transfer or move upwind of Manhattan.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

Yeah, my mom works in NYC and.. well.. I'm trying to convince her to come up with me when I go way to college.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarathustria

2012? Nothing will happen. The mayans believed that there were calendar cycles before their cycle, and there will be one afterwards. There is absolutely no evidence that they thought anything catastrophic would happen. That is complete slandor that has come from the mouth of ignorant people.

Stop worrying yourselves to death. Stop "preparing" for this thing that is happening. You won't have to run, you won't have to hide. Nothing will happen.

Hey man, your totally entitled to your opinion, just like the rest of us.

But, there actually IS proof in the Mayan Calendar/culture that they believed we would suffer a catastrophic flood and Earth changes during this time. It's called the "Dresden Codex," in addition to a few other references. So check your sources before you start typing.
www.yoyita.com...
www.cogwriter.com...
alternativespirituality.suite101.com...
Also, your last paragraph leads me to believe that you think your alot more inteligent than you actually are. You will be one of the first people to turn on your fellow man at the first sign of distress, or loss of technology. You will more than likely continue to bury your head in the sand, and subsequently wont last beyond that time. Just my opinion.

It's NEVER a bad thing to prepair for the worst, and hope for the best.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
There is only one major end game. The end game is a one world order that will be effective only for a short time. Then the supernatural will become common.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
There has been, in the past week or so, a dramatic increase in these types of threads from different members.
Sooooo weird.

Last week or so !!, In the 70s it was estimated that survivalists numbered in the hundreds, by the 80s we had glossy magazines serving thousands, with the advent of the web there are least 40 quality forums on survivalism and preparedness many of which have been heavy in traffic for over 10 years. Enlightened people are becoming ever more aware.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 3 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live - SE4 EP5

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def