It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventors Step Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Have you ever invented something but failed to get a patent? Maybe, you thought your idea was too outlandish to move forward with it?

I'm curious to see where your creative mind has taken you. Who knows? You might be harboring the million dollar idea, the world is waiting for?

So what better place than ATS to brain storm and make someones dream come true?

All comments welcome!

Thanks for your time,
Pax

[edit on 01/12/2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
In the late 1970's I penned an idea to use liquid crystal - piezoelectric power by lining the foundation under stretches of highway. I figured with constant traffic a road could generate considerably energy just via the friction and pressure on the road itself. I thought communities could benefit by generating their own supplemental energies thus lessening the grid load.

I spoke to some friends about it, who laughed it off as ridiculous.

Now some company is about to make billions do this very thing.

I got a million of these..... you have no idea how frustrating it is to see your ideas pop up 20 years later.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Something tells me someone is fishing for ideas to make them selves a million!!

Wasn't it your good self that had that other thread about 10 million dollar ideas??

I was thinking about unifying physics... tell you what, you do the physics bit, I'll run the management side of things

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
How about this, I'll tell you all my ideas after I get them patented with a non disclosure and non compete with money in my hand..

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Something tells me someone is fishing for ideas to make them selves a million!!

Wasn't it your good self that had that other thread about 10 million dollar ideas??

I was thinking about unifying physics... tell you what, you do the physics bit, I'll run the management side of things

Oh, how astute you are!!
Seriously, I don't have the time or the will to invest in this. I'm not looking to steal anyone's idea's!! I was just curious and thought
that a lot of people are frustrated by not having a chance to launch their dream!

Just wanted to give some, a voice!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I am a inventor by hobby and have invented several small things around the house, I know for a fact, some of the things would be common enough for everyone, or most people to want, and simply enough to mass produce.
The stupid thing stopping me from making all those millions is the approx $1600 if I do the paperwork, or $3000 if I hire someone.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
In the late 1970's I penned an idea to use liquid crystal - piezoelectric power by lining the foundation under stretches of highway. I figured with constant traffic a road could generate considerably energy just via the friction and pressure on the road itself. I thought communities could benefit by generating their own supplemental energies thus lessening the grid load.

I spoke to some friends about it, who laughed it off as ridiculous.

Now some company is about to make billions do this very thing.

I got a million of these..... you have no idea how frustrating it is to see your ideas pop up 20 years later.

What a brilliant idea!! I know you are sick about it! But if you came up with that then I bet you could come up with something along those same lines that would not only make you a lot of money, but benefit so many others, especially with our need to find new energy sources.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
When my dad was a kid, he and his brother and a couple buddies invented a game of four-player chess. A few months ago, my dad found the exact same game while doing his Christmas shopping. He read the rules on the box and they were identical :p

MBF

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I know exactly how you feel. I have came up with LOTS of ideas and 15-20 years later somebody will come up with this great "new idea" that is exactly what I had came up with years ago. I have only one patent, they are too expensive for me to get one every time I have a new idea. All I need is somebody with lots of money that wants to be a partner. Anybody interested?

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
When my dad was a kid, he and his brother and a couple buddies invented a game of four-player chess. A few months ago, my dad found the exact same game while doing his Christmas shopping. He read the rules on the box and they were identical :p

I can totally relate. And it sucks!! Cool idea anyway. OK here is mine, from a few years back. I have to have the radio on to sleep at night. Well my husband cannot sleep with any outside noise. Since most radios were not equipped with earphone capability, I came up with the idea of placing speaker's inside the pillow. But for awhile, I would just have to settle for placing the radio under my pillow and adjust the volume accordingly. Even had a name picked out . I would call it the"snoozik" Ta da!!

Now a special radio vendor carries the very same thing for around 50 bucks,
called the "speaker pillow". Wow! what an original name! lol!!

top topics

join