It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush's Last Press Conference

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
online.wsj.com...

"As for his own presidency, Mr. Bush defended his decisions on the Iraq war, the issue that will define his presidency like no other. There have been over 4,000 U.S. deaths since the invasion and toppling of Saddam Hussein in 2003.

He said that "not finding weapons of mass destruction was a significant disappointment." The accusation that Mr. Hussein had and was pursuing weapons of mass destruction was Mr. Bush's main initial justification for going to war."

This was the weirdest thing I have seen from the President in a while. He appeared medicated or drunk to me, or maybe thats just his demeanor. Anyone else watch? Any thoughts?

He sure emphasized how "disappointed" he was. Hey, its ok, George. Some of us already knew that! And why does he smirk so much? He has aged very much, in eight years, as well.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Also, I did not like the way he seemed to arrogantly brush off April's Katrina questions. She asked about rebuilding, and he gave broad vague answers. From the article linked above:

"And he gave his view of the most urgent priority facing the incoming president: the possibility of an attack on the U.S. The Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks changed the country and shaped his own presidency."

Nearly eight years later, he is still threatening us with 911.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
He appeared medicated or drunk to me, or maybe thats just his demeanor.

I've thought something like that for the past couple of years. I'd swear the guy was medicated. I don't know if Cheney is pulling strings with the White House doctors to get this guy medicated .. or if he's on the booze again ... or both. But SOMETHING is not right.

It all started after the invasion of Iraq. A few months in, every time he would talk about the war or he'd talk in front of soldiers they guy would look like he was getting all emotional. That's understandable - once in a while - but you can't do it all the time.

Right after that it appeared to me that he was getting medicated or something. It just wasn't 'right' ...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The 20th couldnt come fast enough. Gonna be a very LONG 8 days.

2nd line.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I watched his "last" speech earlier and it was terrible.
Cringe-worthy is an understatement.

He is a bumbling idiot who has to be one of the worst public speakers and public figures to date and yes... the time cannot go quick enough.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Goodbye and good luck Dubbya.

Please do not missunderestimate my thoughts, I am forever hopeful that one day, even in retirement, Dubbya will be able to prove to the world once and for all that he is THE unificator and that human beings and fish truly can coexist peacefully.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
“I readily concede I chucked aside my free-market principles when I was told … the situation we were facing could be worse than the Great Depression,” Bush said.

Gawd, Chavez and Castro must be giving each other high-fives over this.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Looks no more different as other puppets. Thats what he is. Hope he will live a long life with a lot of suffering nightmares with victims tauting him at night. Now on to the next puppet. Or perhaps Bush has a little surprise next week with the upcoming disaster exercise!?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The 20th couldnt come fast enough. Gonna be a very LONG 8 days.

The 20th of Jan. 2013 is going to be a long wait as well.

Obama may need the same medication. The last 8 years have been tough for Bush and I feel the next four will be equally tough for Obama. Just too many problems and not enough answers.

new topics

top topics

join