It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GEC funded V-2 production in WW2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
According to Maj General Walter Dornberger's book "V-2" (page 84-85) Peenemunde was privatised into a private company because Hitler could not afford to maintain the V-2 project.

General Electric International owned 80% of AEG who invested in V-2 production in order to amortise the 700 milion Reichsmark debt the Nazis had raked up at Peenemunde. GEC raised capital on Wall Street to pay for V-2 production in return for technology from the V-2.

GEC turned around and sold the V-2 technology to US Army ordnance through the ORDCIT project.

After the war GEC was convicted of price fixing tungsten carbide prices and charging the Allies 12 times the cost which Hitler paid for it. After the war GEC executives got slapped with a wet bus ticket for price collusion with Krupp Industries. Who was GEC's leading investor in WW2 ?

Franklin D Roosevelt helped pay for the bombardment of London and Antwerp in WW2 to line GEC's pockets.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Let me get this straight, you're saying that FDR helped bomb London?

Look bud, I'm a Republican and there is a lot to criticize FDR for but he was no Nazi sympathizer.

In my opinion there were two great heros of WWII.

The first one was Winston Churchill for his forsight and his fortitude, the British would have been lost without him.

The second one was Franklin Delano Roosevelt, for the Lend Lease Act, the British would have been lost with that.

new topics

join