It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBATE TOURNAMENT COMPLETE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The first tournament for 2004 is over. John Bull 1 is the new debating champion.

View the Tournament here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The final:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well done and thankyou to all competitors.

Also thankyou to the judges for giving up their time and doing such a good job with this tournament.

The next tournament won't be starting for a month or so. In the interim I will run a few Skirmish and Grudge Match debates. Not starting until Wednesday next week or so. So I shall make another thread calling for skirmishes then.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Congratulations to JB1 -

also good job to all who participated.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
congrads to JohnBull1. Awesome debates, glad i could read some of them

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Good job John Bull 1, I loved your use of the time machine. Also well done DeltaChaos I enjoyed reading your posts.

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Excellent work, everyone, and congratulations John Bull 1. I admire people with those kind of debating skills and I am very glad I don't have to argue with any of you!

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think I agree with the judge who reduced the debate down to the closing statements. Ya buttonhooked me! That was great.

Great debate. Best one yet. I think I may have made it to the finals on a fluke anyway, as some of my opponents in other rounds had more important issues to press.

But since it's over I can now concentrate my efforts on the more permanent endeavor, for which I may require a little help from you, JB1. I'll be in touch.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to read the debate, I'm sure that now you are at least confused on the issue, where before you may not have even known there was one. The first step to Deny Ignorance. Now you know. And knowing's half the battle!

And even though it is true that I really had my ass handed to me, I learned a lot. Now I know that there is a southerner on the panel and that it would be best in the future not to make fun of them!!!

Until we meet again!
DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I personally congratulate each contestent because they all came together to create such a great debate. And Jb1, you better hold tight to that crown while you can, cause I'm coming back! muahwhahaha

[Edited on 9-4-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well done JB....one hell of a fight u put up

Congrads to all those who entered as well...whats the point of debating if u dont give it a chance?

cheers
Gryff

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Thanks everyone.I really enjoyed that last debate.Thanks to Kano,all the judges and all my opponents throughout the contest but especially DeltaChaos.

If you have still not read the debate then please do.

And everyone should know that I'm up there to be knocked down,so step up and take a swing next time.

JB1

posted on Apr, 9 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That were some amazing debates. All the contestants did very well. I hope there will be more tournaments in the future...

posted on Apr, 10 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
congrats JB1 job well done hard slog Congrats to all those who entered as well been intresting

new topics

top topics

join