It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Band of Brothers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Please tell me most of you have seen this masterpiece.

I just finished watching the series again today (as my father got the box set for Christmas). It is the third time I have seen BoB.

And each time I have more respect for the men the program was based on.

For those that haven't had the chance to watch it, the series covers the efforts of 506th PIR 101st Airbourne Easy company from their basic training in Toccoa, through England, France, Holland, Germany and finally Belgium, where they were the first men to reach Hitler's Eagle's Nest bunker.

It is made in a similar film style to Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks is behind the camera this time though, in a production/director role.

Each episode (there are 10) is begun by the real men telling their version of the events you are about to see.

Some of the moments are touching enough to make men watching cry, especially those who know the pain of war and the feeling to lose a close friend in battle.

For others who have seen the series, do you have favourite moments/episodes/members of E company?

Have you met any of them? I drove past Major Winters' ranch when I was in the US.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

It is made in a similar film style to Saving Private Ryan. Tom Hanks is behind the camera this time though, in a production/director role.

You mean as in real life .... as opposed to Hollywood fantasy ?

It's okay Rambo, Arnie will be back.

I'm glad someone cared enough to make BOB. There's a whole generation who haven't a clue

new topics

join