It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The CNN strategy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
This little article describes exactly what is going on in Gaza right now.

Source

As Israel persists in its military efforts -- by ground, air and sea -- to protect its citizens from deadly Hamas rockets, and as protests against Israel increase around the world, the success of the abominable Hamas double war crime strategy becomes evident. The strategy is as simple as it is cynical: Provoke Israel by playing Russian roulette with its children, firing rockets at kindergartens, playgrounds and hospitals; hide behind its own civilians when firing at Israeli civilians; refuse to build bunkers for its own civilians; have TV cameras ready to transmit every image of dead Palestinians, especially children; exaggerate the number of civilians killed by including as "children" Hamas fighters who are 16 or 17 years old and as "women," female terrorists.

Alan seems to be right on the money with idea, its a clever strategy that has just about everyone fooled.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I cannot tell, if this is sarcastic or not.

That is freaking crazy. The lines are so blurred now.

With sarcasm and reality.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Hahaha

If that isn't a brutally blatant depiction of good old fashioned propaganda, then I don't know what is.
If you watch out for it, you can see this kind of thing coming from the US media all the time when it comes to "Terrorists", Russia and a dozen other topics.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
the quote sounds accurate to me, the palestinians are scum, not the innocent but those that are in charge of course, they are so corrupt they would do this, they are against Israel and for those that don't know, those against Israel are against God, Biblically anyway, whether you believe in the bible or not, it will be apparent, it will become a more obvious war of good vs. evil.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
That's why we would have to go there to experience it ourselves. We really don't know exactly what is happening, and I think we all know that people on all sides of an argument tend to make themselves look better.

First: The initial reports from all sides come in, along with a few claims about what is happening.

Second: Different people, cultures, subcultures, and special interest groups all chime in with their own stories and theories, and conspiracy theories.

Some people will have a predetermined side taken and others will usually believe almost everything they read and will lean to one side or the other depending on the opinions and accounts they've heard.

Even less people will actually take time to research the current event, past events that lead to it and the people and things that caused the events.
Basically a lot of people jump the gun and take a side too quickly. That is why we're here on ATS arguing conspiracies and and trying to convince the sheeple, because the people that have already made a decision consciously and subconsciously without reason to question themselves make up the majority i.e. SHEEPLE.

It's all dis-info in my mind. I don't feel the need to take in a bunch of different stories. I would rather take in the proven truth and just listen to all the info. I don't support Israel, Palestine, in fact i don't support any side until i find my truth or until the truth is proven.

Anyway i have a really strong feeling that we'll be finding out what's really behind all of this sometime soon; it does seem like we have a lot in store for 09 and on....

[edit on 12-1-2009 by patent98310]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
the quote sounds accurate to me, the palestinians are scum, not the innocent but those that are in charge of course, they are so corrupt they would do this, they are against Israel and for those that don't know, those against Israel are against God, Biblically anyway, whether you believe in the bible or not, it will be apparent, it will become a more obvious war of good vs. evil.

racism and bigotry. Is this what religion teaches you? All Palestinians are the same? All Israelis are the same? All Americans are the same? All Englishmen are the same? All Australians are the same? All the Chinese are the same? I could go on but I'm boring myself. What group shall I categorize you with so that I can have an opinion about you based on your place of birth?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Sorry if I seemed to be sarcastic, I was not. Ive studied history of the middle east for around 4 years and it pains me to hear all the lies and slander coming from the media. This is one of the only articles that I found that I can agree with after actually picking up a few books to brush up on history, which just seems to be repeating itself over and over. I dont support any war, but Israel has tried so many times to make peace and yet nothing has stopped the bombers and the missiles.
Do people really think that if Israel declares peace that there will be peace? It is a tiny little spec surrounded by an ocean of Arab states, all of which have attacked Israel before and have claimed that they wont rest until the only Jewish state on Earth is destroyed. If Mexico started lobbing missiles over the border into say San Diego then I guarantee that America would fight back. What nation would sit idly by while being attacked and threatened with extermination and genocide? Whatever anyone says, when you get hit you have two options, negotiate or fight back. After years of negotiation what option does Israel really have except to fight back, so thats exactly what they are doing.
I agree that there are innocent civilians getting hurt on both sides but the IDF has taken every measure to minimize casualties
Proof
more
little more
and this
Anyway, the way I see it Israel is just trying to keep the land that they made liveable through hard labor and suffering while Hamas is trying to kill all jews. Which side do you support?

[edit on 12-1-2009 by WhatIveSeen]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus

B B B B B B B B B b b b b b b b b b b b b brainwashed.

You are what happens when people eat up that propaganda nonsense.

You are branding a whole region and people as scum when they couldn't all possibly be.

Israel is the agressor. deal with it.

The Israeli's have taken their supposed position as 'Gods Chosen People' to mean that they can abuse, kill and displace Arabs whenever they want.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
They wouldn't be the first one to use children in combat

Nor will they be the last.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It's just so strange because in my recent memory, more people have supported Israel. It seems like now people are really quick to go against them, no questions asked.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Wow, who in they're right minds would believe ANYTHING that comes out of CNN, i mean really?

CNN is owned by Time Warner, which if i'm not mistaken is owned by Rupert Murdoch and Viacom subsidiaries. What more control do you want over that?

That's not objective reporting, they just pull old stories out they're archives, fill in the blanks and re-post them. There is no such thing as independant journalism on CNN or any popular news company.

This is good old fashioned pro Israeli propaganda from the US media.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A wealthy Iraqi recently visited, and he was expecting gangland shooting, poverty, slums, and drug related gangs roaming the streets.

He was very surprised that the picture of America presented over there was not even close to the actual situation. During his visit, he received many calls, wondering just how bad it was, and each time, he was able to tell them how orderly and peaceful it was outside the big cities.

He also related how CNN was such a news fabricator, solely to skewer the situation over in Iraq.

He said one international group of Red Cross volunteers were due to rotate out, as another rotated in. CNN was at the airport, and reported that the situation was so bad, that the Red Cross were forced to leave, showing film of them getting on the aircraft.

He said he and others were absolutely stunned by the reporting.

It doesn't take much extrapolation to envision what they are doing in and around Gaza right now.

Anti-American, Anti-Israeli, Anti-Conservative, Anti-Truth, Anti-Democracy.

That's what CNN reporting represents.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

There seems to be barely any pro-Israeli propaganda on the local news though. I mean, I watch PIX/CBS 2 New York City news and I also watch MSNBC and honestly... it seems bent the other way. Which is weird and I think it is opposite of the usual pro-Israeli sentiment.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Its sad that the media which is supposed to keep us informed by reporting on facts without bias has become the tool of corporation and terror. Scares me to think that I actually thought that the news on TV and in newspapers was completely true, I wonder how many people still think that way.

top topics

join