It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AUSTRALIA: Thousands of two-headed fish found in Noosa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

AUSTRALIA:Two-headed fish found in Noosa

www.thedaily.com.au

Australia East Coast
Reports of hundreds of thousands of two-head fish being born at a Sunshine Coast hatchery have prompted an expert to call for the ban of certain agricultural chemicals.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-1-2009 by majestictwo]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Why the hell should Australia not ban a chemical that was banned in the US ages ago? “This chemical – carbendazim – was removed from use in the US in 2001 for its effects on reproduction in humans." The water way is one of the most pristine areas used by holiday makers 365 days a year.
These chemicals are used at local macadamia farms they are now being investigated. You made the right decision on this one America

www.thedaily.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by majestictwo

My god, there's something just ghastly about that.....
I mean hundreds of thousands?!!! WTF! This is how apocalypse movies start out.....

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

My god, there's something just ghastly about that.....
I mean hundreds of thousands?!!! WTF! This is how apocalypse movies start out.....

You can say that again – we are clearly stuffing things up in a big way. I liken it to a road junction with no traffic lights – authorities don't put them there until a few people have died. Then a light comes on and something is done, walla a new set of traffic lights. (nope not a good analogy but you get the point) Well I hope the light comes on over this one it’s just ludicrous when they knew full well that the USA banned the chemical.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
That's worse than the three-eyed fish swimming in Springfield!

We need Marge to serve up a big meal of those fish to the wanker politicians who let the pollution cause this problem. Would they dare eat the mutant fish? I bet not!

(If you don't watch The Simpsons, this post won't mean much to you!)

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Crazy man....

Just Crazy!

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Crazy is right what is going to happen when this stuff turns up in the drinking water. What about all the people that swim here. Would you eat fish caught from here? I wouldn’t. I live near here and locals are saying fish stocks are down. Not sure if thats true or not.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Yeah.. well although this is completely nuts with the deformations, I find it completely hilarious that the video speaks about how the Killers of Fish (Fishermen) have stated there is a decrease in stock, but they don't tell us how many fish are caught on average each year and the trending data.

I've known fisheries around the world to overfish and be the cause of the lack of fish.

It's not a slam-dunk that the chemical based deformations are the cause of the fish depletion overall.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Yeah.. well although this is completely nuts with the deformations, I find it completely hilarious that the video speaks about how the Killers of Fish (Fishermen) have stated there is a decrease in stock, but they don't tell us how many fish are caught on average each year and the trending data.

I've known fisheries around the world to overfish and be the cause of the lack of fish.

It's not a slam-dunk that the chemical based deformations are the cause of the fish depletion overall.

Well this is not commercial fishing this is hobby fishing in the waterways around Noosa. It’s holiday area fishing, boating, swimming, canoeing and 4x4.
Do a Google Earth for “Boreen Point Australia”

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thousands of 2 headed fish and not 1 picture? Sounds like there making alot more out of this then there is ..
I dunno . Don't seem to be any proof to the "fact" at all..

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

Yes thousands of larvae had hatched with the mutation, just like the picture posed above, but the fish had all died off within 48 hours of hatching. Therefore the fish had not grown and would still be hard to see with a naked eye.

Also to add, this sounds like it has been happening for a number of years to the hatchery. For when they were informed to retrieve a "fresh batch" of larvae from the Noosa River they found that they too had mutated, suggesting that the chemicals in question are leaking into the river and could lead to reproduction troubles with the people who use the river for hobbie/social purposes.

abc.net.au/news

Gwen Gilson, who runs a Boreen Point fish hatchery, says she has observed deformities on her farm for the past few years. When she was advised last year to dispose of her own fish stocks and instead get fresh bass eggs from the Noosa River, she was shocked to discover that they were also contaminated.

The article only mentions the "primal" deformity being two heads, but how many other deformities are there that are not being mentioned?

In fact it was several groups of brood fish, all which came from the Noosa River, had batches of larvae which were severely deformed with the primary deformity being two heads.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Maybe they were Pisces?
ba doom ba

Organic is the safest way to go. Figure out how to make your business more productive while working with the laws of nature. pollution is waste. waste is lost profit

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Ummm... soooo...

Do ALL of the fish with two heads die? Are there survivor two headed fish?

And can I get one somehow?

Serious question.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation

Serious question.

I can only pray that it's a small minority of people who think "Two headed fish?? COOL!" Or otherwise we're going to have an uphill struggle getting any chemicals banned.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tulkos

Also to add, this sounds like it has been happening for a number of years to the hatchery. For when they were informed to retrieve a "fresh batch" of larvae from the Noosa River they found that they too had mutated, suggesting that the chemicals in question are leaking into the river and could lead to reproduction troubles with the people who use the river for hobbie/social purposes.

I think this is why the chemical was banned in the US. Will we be more worried when local mammals start to reproduce with two heads? One year ago I went canoeing in these water ways which when you are on the ground are more extensive than they appear from Google Earth. Anyhow having fallen in several times I swallowed this water. If you could see the large numbers of people that visit here you would be concerned. Heck there are tons of school trips here.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazyninja
I can only pray that it's a small minority of people who think "Two headed fish?? COOL!" Or otherwise we're going to have an uphill struggle getting any chemicals banned.

I assure you, I won't stand in your way of banning any chemicals. Don't be a cry baby.

As long as there are two headed fish, however, I don't see what the harm would be in acquiring one. Sadly for me, it doesn't seem feasible even if there are survivors. I doubt fish handle well during shipping and handling.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Well hate to say this blokes, but I've lived on the farm inquestion, and know frm experiance that we DIDN'T spray when wind conditions where unfarvable, the farm has NOT been in production for the last 2yrs, or in other words, NO SPRAYING. Oh, did I mention, there's a rather large runoff catchment dam & filtering swamps, & if ya like fishing, there is a heap of bass etc. in there & thay dont have 2 heads, 3 eyes etc, but thay are a hoot 2 catch

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Why do you want a two headed fish?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Experts begin two-headed fish investigation

Experts begin two-headed fish investigation

"It may be 12 months before we finish the investigations and unfortunately it could be the case that we can't absolutely pinpoint a cause."

Two-headed fish larvae:

What would be better is a One-Headed Two-Bodyed Fish,think of it only one mouth to feed but yields Two Body's

Zelong.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So I can attach frickin lasers to their frickin heads.

No. Seriously, I want them just to have. I like weird things.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join