It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10) Million Dollar Ideas That Shouldn't Have Worked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

1. Million Dollar Homepage

1000000 pixels, charge a dollar per pixel - that’s perhaps the dumbest idea for online business anyone could have possible come up with. Still, Alex Tew, a 21-year-old who came up with the idea, is now a millionaire.

2. PickyDomains

Hire another person to think of a cool domain name for you? No way people would pay for this. Actually, naming domain names for others turned out a thriving business, especially, when you make the entire process risk free. PickyDomains currently has a waiting list of people who want to PAY the service to come up with a snappy memorable domain name. PickyDomains is expected to hit six figures this year. Full Story

www.bspcn.com...

[edit on 12-1-2009 by paxnatus]

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Jan 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Now these are good, but would you have thought of them? Or better yet, thought they would have made any money?

How many people here have actually sat around and tried to come up with
'Get Rich Schemes'? If these people can make it work, why can't we?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

OK

Now I know I beat up one of those nerds in grade school!

Actually I am mad they made millions with a stupid idea

ummm

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

OK

Now I know I beat up one of those nerds in grade school!

Actually I am mad they made millions with a stupid idea

ummm

Tell me about it! Some of these are ridiculous! Who'd a thunk it? lol!!
Don't you feel like, if they can do it, so can I?

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I remember realy back in the day the big money maker was domain name squaters.

Register names like www.sears.com or .net or www.Ford.com or ford.net and just sit on them until they came up with the cash to use their own names

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I remember realy back in the day the big money maker was domain name squaters.

Register names like www.sears.com or .net or www.Ford.com or ford.net and just sit on them until they came up with the cash to use their own names

[edit on 12-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

That's still the case. Another way is a company naming a product and you already own the domain like for the iphone the person that owned iphone.com got either a 6 or 7 digit amount for the domain.

I own a couple of 3 and 4 letter domains there not companies most are generic names, words, and products and sell about one a year for a few thousand dollars.

Ebay is a good place to buy some domains from unsuspecting people who dont know the real value of their domains I brought one for $3 and sold it less than a week later for $3000 thats almost 100,000 percent over what i paid for it

Lots of companies don't bother with .net domains and the others buy up domains like blankcompanysucks.com to keep it out of others hands

Who ever posted the content on bspcn sounds like there kind of mad and wish they would have thought of it.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
it's very very simple, 10 people can get a free million or one million can get free 10$, such is the nature of zero-sum games.

the sold idea itself is apparently not very relevant, while timing is crucial. start the right fad at the right time and yo can ride the wave, so to speak. a similar effect can be noticed even on this forum, two people post the same story, but gets overlooked.

two months later, someone makes 50 replies off the same topic. go figure.

[edit on 2009.1.13 by Long Lance]

new topics

top topics

join