It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The World of Warcraft Conspiracy...Subliminal Messaging & Blizzard gold spammers!

page: 8
11
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Paranoia. It's not just for breakfast anymore.




posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mastermind77
 


Bwahahahah!



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The only thing creepy about this game is The Stepford Children of Goldshire. Creepy indeed.



I have been playing since release, taking breaks often as long as 6 months. Im quite normal. You always want tons of gold, but buying it is often frowned upon.

You feel you want to succeed and be powerful, and with more gold that becomes somewhat easier. All MMO’s are this way. And guess what, so is real life!

[edit on 1/13/09 by Cyprex]



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
I played wow for about 2 years, and quit about three weeks ago. I began to suspect subliminal messaging when i ended up having about 8 wow related dreams since i quit. All of the dreams focused on me reactivating my account.


I quit 3days ago...and the exact same thing is happening to me. Thats most of the reason why im posting on here

[edit on 12-1-2009 by Griffo515]



Heheh -- that's only cos you guys were addicted to the game BECAUSE of the entertaining experience(s) of the game itself - not because of subliminal messaging!

That or you guys are still really bored after a goodnite's fapping!



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Proof positive THEY are doing something eeeevil (pinky to mouth)...

just look at my eyes - I'm brainwashed.



Yep! I see that brainwashed look! It's that imp... he's brainwashing you.

(gotta go. My Felguard is calling...)



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Warlocks Pre WoTLK were pew pew. I have put mine on the shelf in lieu of playing a prot warrior of all things, go figure that one.


Well, I'm Affliction/Malediction/Haunt spec'd...so I'm raid assist. I don't bust my bones to get the highest DPS. I like the fact I buff the whole raid group's dps.

DoTs - FTW!


So YOU"RE the evil one who summons their poor demon and then sacrifices it for the buff? Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!

(always a neat buff, but kinda hard on the demons.)



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Woah, so some of you had dreams about world of warcraft so therefore WOW has subliminal messages?

Ok, one night had this crazy dream i was butt naked at the old bar i used to work at while listening to my boss rail about how no one loved him. The entire time i'm hearing simon and garfunkel tunes.

Why did this happen?
1. I lived with my mother at the time, she listened to simon and garfunkel constantly.
2. My boss constantly went into two hour drunken rants after the bar closed concerning the "no one loves me" crap.
3. Being butt naked? Well i don't know.

Point here: If you do something constantly it will show up in your dreams. I have dreams about playing the piano. Does this mean there is some hidden box in my piano which subliminally tells me "you must play more piano". Na, it's just something in my life.

Seriously, that's one of the lamest proofs of "Subliminals" i've heard in quite some time. That video proved nothing. Furthermore I'm normally listening to Ghoul School radio while i play wow. I don't hear the crap.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
What I think is funny, is how this post jumped to 8 pages and everyone posting here got all excited.

Then we start talking about in-game things...


It reminds me of me whenever i see someone wearing the Horde t-shirts...it's the impulse to yell FOR THE HORDE!!...which I do on occasion ...>.>



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

So YOU"RE the evil one who summons their poor demon and then sacrifices it for the buff? Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!

(always a neat buff, but kinda hard on the demons.)


Nonono...that would be a demonology spec'd lock. I'm the good fairy lock.

[edit on 1-13-2009 by Valhall]



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fill0000
I find the game extremely boring, but additive at the same time, I came back last week to up my 70 too lvl 80, after doing so, i see nothing more than the same 'badge of justice (now valor)' grind, honour grind, rep grind, profession grind, gear grind, money grind, blah blah blah, everything is based on spending more and more time just so you can get better and better, and i just know we can expect new raids and gear and probaly spells within the next few months, which means you'll just have to go do it over again


If you're just grinding, you may be missing some of the very cool content. Recently added material "Battle for the Undercity" was just jaw-droppingly good (although LONG) from the Horde side. There are some long epic chains of quests such as "Hero of the Mag'har" that get into some interesting lines of thought... not only good versus evil, but honor and stupid mistakes because of some twisted notion of valor. And there's a lot of really fun references in the game, from Star Trek to a historical Mountain Man who was nearly killed by a grizzly and made a famous heroic... crawl, actually... through the wilderness for a few hundred miles.

I stop and listen to the NPCs quite often. You get some interesting character interplays (although I do wish I could take Doomhammer and smack young Garrosh Hellscream a few times to see if it would knock some sense into him.) There's a set of comments between Old Saurfang and Garrosh in Northrend that really is quite a thoughtful piece on the view of the old warrior and the young, hormonal, "they're all just meat and it doesn't matter if we win" warrior.

I really wanted to be able to kick Garrosh after watching that. Hard. And not on the ankles either.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandaidctrl
It reminds me of me whenever i see someone wearing the Horde t-shirts...it's the impulse to yell FOR THE HORDE!!...which I do on occasion ...>.>


I had a horde logo on my white labcoat when I worked at the university microbio prep lab. I heard a guy shout behind me, "I always knew horde players were smarter!" I didn't have the heart to tell him most of my characters were alliance. The horde circle logo just looked more 'medical'
. All that subliminality goes out the window with me, I willingly and knowingly do this kind of thing.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by saint4God]



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Originally posted by Byrd

So YOU"RE the evil one who summons their poor demon and then sacrifices it for the buff? Eeeeeewwwwwww!!!

(always a neat buff, but kinda hard on the demons.)


Nonono...that would be a demonology spec'd lock. I'm the good fairy lock.

[edit on 1-13-2009 by Valhall]


Uhmm... but... wait. I'm the demonology specced lock. Errr... ahhh...

Maybe I should go look at my talent tree on my warlock again (mumble merp?)



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Uhmm... but... wait. I'm the demonology specced lock. Errr... ahhh...

Maybe I should go look at my talent tree on my warlock again (mumble merp?)


hahaha - that's what happens when you have 50 toons! o_O



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

If you're just grinding, you may be missing some of the very cool content. Recently added material "Battle for the Undercity" was just jaw-droppingly good (although LONG) from the Horde side. There are some long epic chains of quests such as "Hero of the Mag'har" that get into some interesting lines of thought... not only good versus evil, but honor and stupid mistakes because of some twisted notion of valor. And there's a lot of really fun references in the game, from Star Trek to a historical Mountain Man who was nearly killed by a grizzly and made a famous heroic... crawl, actually... through the wilderness for a few hundred miles.

I stop and listen to the NPCs quite often. You get some interesting character interplays (although I do wish I could take Doomhammer and smack young Garrosh Hellscream a few times to see if it would knock some sense into him.) There's a set of comments between Old Saurfang and Garrosh in Northrend that really is quite a thoughtful piece on the view of the old warrior and the young, hormonal, "they're all just meat and it doesn't matter if we win" warrior.

I really wanted to be able to kick Garrosh after watching that. Hard. And not on the ankles either.


Byrd,

Have you got to run the purging of Stratholme yet? I'm telling you it is so sad. From a lore standpoint, this is the most dramatic scene they have put in the game so far. This is where Altarus loses it and decides to purge the city of all the infected prior to them turning to scourge and he is abandoned by ol' Uther and Lady Proudmoor. Then you go into the city and the saddest part of the deal is at the beginning because a lady walks up to him and says something about being glad he is there and she knows he will help them and he strikes her dead with his sword. From there it's just an all out slaughter of the citizens of the city. After this is when Altarus starts losing his mind over what he did to the citizens.

[edit on 1-13-2009 by Valhall]



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall
 


Arthas

He did it to keep the Dread lord from converting anymore people. He destroyed the whole town, and was expelled from the Paladin order. I love how they have kept the lore intact.

In reference to the sacrificing the demon, that is a Demonolgy spec, most commonly used with the Destruction spec. Used to make for some really nice Shadowbolt crits, until Blizz beat it to death with the nerf bat.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If you think it's easy to get locked into WoW.....whatever you do, don't try EVE-Online.....

"Hi, my name is Bob and I play EvE....."



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thanks for calling attention to this little overlooked facet.

I've been playing WoW since Sept. of '05 and I think I have something like 160 days /played on my main.

My main happens to be a priest with Spirit of Redemption, so when I logged on to die, I heard this when my priest was in Spirit of Redemption form, and then again when I released. I'd never noticed it before, I usually have these sounds turned down very low. It is there though.

The game itself is addictive enough, I really don't see why Blizz needed to add this to the equation. I've quit for a month or two several times over the years without any problem. Right now I'm not currently playing much because I have a big workload currently, but I log on when I can, mostly to BS with my guildies for a bit.


Originally posted by antonia

Point here: If you do something constantly it will show up in your dreams. I have dreams about playing the piano. Does this mean there is some hidden box in my piano which subliminally tells me "you must play more piano". Na, it's just something in my life.


Once my husband said to me "hold on, I need to find a vendor" when I was trying to wake him up. I'm sure it was because he'd been playing heavily at that time.

I had dreams about The Sims when I was addicted to that game years ago.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This makes no sense. Who plays with the sound on? Itunes or a movie usually plays while I play. My lvl 70 Warrior, Mage, and Hunter on a private server. Sorry, bought the game, not paying to play the game I just bought. How do they get away with it? I buy a game I want too play it. I buy Madden 09 then have to pay fifteen dollars a month too play it? I don't think so.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
reply to post by Griffo515
 


the first video that is presented at the end of the video it has text on the screen that states "If you don't beleive me, go sui... yourself"

Did you watch the link yourself???

That is extremely dangerous for the video to be viewed. Should not be on this board... Just had Dave of ATS talk of this type of thing and we have someone playing games with ATS lives... Not a joke...


They mean suicide yourself in game !!!

not in real life. anyone who plays wow or has played a similar game would know that.



posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig
 


Well do some research and im not coming from LA LA land on this. And im at the point where it is all connected by a singular form of conciousness being imposed from many angles. Which if true I can only assume that those imposing would diminish people like me who want to expose its fraudulent nature. But please mock the truth..and dont research anything with an open mind..



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join